Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 03:00 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,300,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
Thank You, for this post. As an atheist, I am used to people calling me names, making fun and being self-righteous. I know your are a church-goer and I respect you. Thank you for respecting non-believers.

I have decided to "come out of the confessional" as to say to that we are here; we have rights and most atheist are not against church peoples rights, if fact we share many of the same values and morals.

It appears, I cannot give you more reputations but I like your posts--I like what you have to say; I like it when you get feisty--thank you for being who you are.

yours,

Livecontent
Thanks. Yeah, I try to be tolerant of people with all different and no religious beliefs. My family is a very "mixed bunch"; atheists, Catholics, Lutherans, a "fallen" Lutheran (my brother's description of himself), Presbyterians, Mormons, etc. I enjoy talking with you, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2007, 03:18 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,119,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedAChangeFromFL View Post
Sorry to hijack this post, but I couldn't help but see that there were two atheists on this post alone...could it be there are more like me? LOL
Just wanted to say hello, as a fellow atheist!
I just don't have enough faith to be an atheist, so I'm just agnostic

Old 12-10-2007, 03:30 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,356,046 times
We are all one; difference of believes, differences of creeds, and we should never take a life because we have these differences. I am grieving for those people killed by the gunman here in Arvada, my home, and in Colorado Springs.

I am crying when I write this post. I am crying....

Livecontent

Old 12-10-2007, 04:27 PM

638 posts, read 2,276,400 times
[Quote/]I just don't have enough faith to be an atheist, so I'm just agnostic[\Quote]
LOL

"I am crying when I write this post. I am crying...."
I am sorry LiveContent. I wish I could give you a hug.

Last edited by MorningGlory; 12-10-2007 at 04:29 PM.. Reason: Well I just cant figure out the multi quote thing

Old 12-10-2007, 04:32 PM

1,805 posts, read 3,175,315 times
Quote:
-DIA - I thought it's a good airport hub with direct flights to lots of destinations, but it's taken a good 30 minutes if not more just to get through the security check lines and from there another 30 minutes to get to the gate.
With things the way they are today, I give myself a good 2 hours to get through security and get to the gate. The days of breezing through the airport are gone. At a large busy airport, getting through security and to the gate under an hour is good. With that said, I hate DIA too. I fly out of COS when I can, but I got stuck booking a flight out of DIA to go home for Christmas, I'm dreading it.

Quote:
-Making new friends for both my daughter and me has been very slow-going so far. The parents at my daughter's school have not felt very welcoming. My mom's observation is that the husbands are nice but the wives are very guarded, or should I say guard their men. Maybe being a single parent is a factor. I have looked for other single parents, but I've met only one other single parent here.
I've been in Colorado Springs for almost a year now and haven't really made any friends. I'm also kind of the loner type as well. Though I go out alot, I've got used to doing things alone. With or without someone, I enjoy it out here and don't have any regrets about moving out here.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 12-10-2007 at 04:38 PM.. Reason: Spelling, I hope you're a loner, not a loaner....

Old 12-10-2007, 05:11 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,300,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
We are all one; difference of believes, differences of creeds, and we should never take a life because we have these differences. I am grieving for those people killed by the gunman here in Arvada, my home, and in Colorado Springs.

I am crying when I write this post. I am crying....

Livecontent
It's very sad. I'll give you a hug, too.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:12 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,531,997 times
Well, being from California I'm still not totally used to the weather yet either. It's all opposite out here for me - green in the summer and brown in the winter. In Northern California it rains in the winter a good deal and is overcast some of the time. It's sunny all summer with almost no rain. It only gets down into the 30's once in a while. And there are a ton of trees!

I still can't say I am getting used to the brown landscape and lack of trees here in the Denver area. I don't particularly like the inconsistent weather in the summer time, as that's when I've always been used to planning outdoor activities. For being such an outdoor state the warm months sure are difficult to plan for. I do like the dry climate, and I don't really mind the cold weather all that much. I think its just the inconsistency in the weather that bugs me the most, along with the brown landscape.

As for meeting people, my wife and I haven't made a whole lot of friends. We're not church-goers and we've found that we're the minority out here in CO. Not that it bothers me but it's one less thing we have in common with our neighbors (it doesn't help that I'm a long-time Raider and Lakers fan - I know, I might as well move away now, LOL). The people out here are nicer in general from what we were used to in California but that just makes it all the more ironic that we've had such a difficult time making friends. And it's not for lack of effort either.

I do like the area overall and I can say that I'm feeling more at home here. But Norcal has one of the most beautiful natural landscapes around and I do miss that aspect a lot. Not to take anything away from the Rockies but I can relate with others here in that regard. Luckily there are plenty of other things out here that we really like.

Old 12-12-2007, 01:45 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,055,404 times
I moved here from California's central valley in June. So far, I think this is a nicer place overall. One thing I noticed, even when we drive to the mountains to see trees, they are shorter than what I'm used to in and around Sequoia NP. I miss the big trees a little. It was irritating to plan a BBQ in August and have it start to rain just as the burgers were done. I'll take dry air over humidity any time. $120 for a gardener sounds ridiculous. I think we have less landscape maintenance here than where I'm from. Fewer bushes and trees than we had in Cal, so mowing is almost the only maintenance in the summer. No pruning, etc. I think it would be hard to make friends in any new place, so I'm trying to be patient with that. You might try meetup.com for a single parents group, or any other interest you might have. Good luck. BTW, I love the Ken Caryl area, though that's not where we ended up living.

Old 12-12-2007, 01:57 PM

26,338 posts, read 93,495,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I moved here from California's central valley in June. So far, I think this is a nicer place overall. One thing I noticed, even when we drive to the mountains to see trees, they are shorter than what I'm used to in and around Sequoia NP. ...
I think the Sequoias the biggest trees around. Of course anything else will be smaller.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c8/Coastredwood.jpg (broken link)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
You might try meetup.com for a single parents group, or any other interest you might have.

How about a City-Data swingers club?

Last edited by Charles; 12-12-2007 at 02:06 PM..

Old 12-12-2007, 02:29 PM

739 posts, read 2,942,472 times
Lovesunnydays,

How are you feeling after some of the advice? I think people have provided some good input. What are your thoughts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado