Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 08:40 AM

355 posts, read 1,404,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse70 View Post
I know I sound like a mom again, but you are supposed to pick your college based on what you want to study, not how close it is to a ski resort. My nephew attended CMC Steamboat for about a week, because he wanted to ski a lot. He went back to CU.
well as a student you would also want to be near hobbies such as skiing and snowboarding .....so thats how i would make my decision i'm simply stating my opinion not saying everyone has to do what i think......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2007, 01:36 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Is CU close enough for skiing in your opinion? You can get a great education there if you try. My DD goes there, has a ski pass. Another DD goes to the Health Science Center in Denver and does a lot of skiing too in her free time.

Old 12-10-2007, 02:43 PM

5 posts, read 43,112 times
yea im going to CMC alpine campus for ski and snowboard business im already enrolled into the program for next fall, i should have enough money saved up for the trip out there but im just wingin it im goin out there with no car no nothin jus my board, some clothes and a few grand sooo well see what happens haha

Old 12-10-2007, 02:53 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by offTHEgrid View Post
yea im going to CMC alpine campus for ski and snowboard business im already enrolled into the program for next fall, i should have enough money saved up for the trip out there but im just wingin it im goin out there with no car no nothin jus my board, some clothes and a few grand sooo well see what happens haha
O. . . M. . . G!!! Seriously, I think you'll need a car. It's a fairly isolated area.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:30 PM

835 posts, read 2,856,587 times
so i guess ur flyin to dia then goin to steamboat idk man metro area has more action in the female department so you know i wudnt go to far from there but that just me :O

Old 12-10-2007, 08:43 PM

355 posts, read 1,404,351 times
i think it's good idea....you dont need a car it your going to school there......you will have your school,restaurants, snowboarding all in close distance...good luck i wish i made that chose at 18....i almost did the same thing year ago....i wanted to take that ski and snowboard business class too still might eventually

Old 12-11-2007, 09:42 AM

5 posts, read 43,112 times
idk i looked into metro i applied there to and got accepted just incase it seemed to have more people but the snow is my passion and i want to be close to is as i can be

Old 12-11-2007, 02:27 PM

835 posts, read 2,856,587 times
good for you man iLOVE snow to but i am just gonna drive up 70 to board plus 60'' in denver aint to bad i mean coming from ky where 1-2 inches is rare, funny thing today its 72 and sunny but forecasters are calling for the first major snow event here in 4 years thinkin 8 or more inches possible fri night into saturday will be intersting to see if that plays out here

my rental in arvada is month to month so i may pick it up and live in the high country soon after arriving not sure yet wud b leadville if i did but gonna figure all that out once i get there

Last edited by Mike from back east; 12-11-2007 at 03:20 PM.. Reason: Merging two posts into one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado