U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2006, 09:45 AM

66 posts, read 450,495 times

Advertisements

Hey all,

The storm that hit Colorado last night/this morning is minimal in the Ft. Collins / Loveland area. Roads are slushy (too warm to freeze up at this time), and there is probably 2" of the wet, white stuff on the lawns. This storm packed a lot of moisture which was badly needed in this area, and all of Colorado for that matter.

Storm is supposed to subside later this afternoon. It sounds like we didn't get near as much bad weather with the blowing snow AND the amount of snow as our friends to the south did - Parker, Colorado Springs, Pueblo, etc. No problems getting out and driving up here. Bummer, my school teacher wife and kids would have loved a snow day. Supposed to be in the 60's this weekend. Amazing. You gotta love it!

Just goes to show you how storms will affect different areas of the state. I would have posted a pic but somebody in my household didn't charge the camera battery when it was low!
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2006, 03:16 PM

1,312 posts, read 6,900,917 times
North Colorado Springs was and still is getting slammed. I have some decent sized drifts in the back yard (one is about to jump over the fence which is seven feet high) and a 2 1/2 foot drift that is going the length of my front yard through my driveway and end in the neighbors driveway on the other side of her lot where the drift goes up to about four feet high.

I so love this.

Weeeeeeeeeeeee.

In the southern parts of C Springs and downtown it's either slowed down dramatically or has pretty much stopped as of the last news report.

It sure is pretty but going to be hating it when I have to shovel in the morning.

Old 10-26-2006, 03:53 PM

20,836 posts, read 39,046,511 times
Default Perspectives.....

Then again, there is a 4000 acre fire in CA...and growing...and sadly it killed 3 emergency personnel. This snow storm here may cause a few fatalities too, but still, this snow will melt in two days, roads will be fine. The 4,000+ acres in California and any destroyed structures won't be back to normal for a long time. New Orleans and the Gulf got a big storm last year, they'll be decades recovering. I'll take a blustery snow day in Colorado any time compared to those other places.

s/Mike

Old 10-26-2006, 04:17 PM

61 posts, read 351,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Then again, there is a 4000 acre fire in CA...and growing...and sadly it killed 3 emergency personnel. This snow storm here may cause a few fatalities too, but still, this snow will melt in two days, roads will be fine. The 4,000+ acres in California and any destroyed structures won't be back to normal for a long time. New Orleans and the Gulf got a big storm last year, they'll be decades recovering. I'll take a blustery snow day in Colorado any time compared to those other places.

s/Mike
You got it all right! We had 9 inches in Aurora, snow already melting! Saturday will be 62, and Sunday will be 69 deg! I am planning a long bike ride for Sunday.

Old 10-26-2006, 04:26 PM

220 posts, read 711,819 times
Nothing like a smorgasbord of weather!

Old 10-27-2006, 02:52 AM

827 posts, read 4,630,065 times
I called my sister-in-law and asked how it was in Durango and she said they only got a thunderstorm and rain, for the ones wanting to know about that area. My sister-in-law was kinda bummed that it only rained!

Old 10-27-2006, 07:51 AM
Cin

72 posts, read 278,116 times
So exciting! Okay..I am in AZ and the high seventies and low 80's are pretty nice but when I saw that snow on the news you all were having ...I wanted to be there. I AM READY...bring on the unpredictability!!!!!

Old 10-27-2006, 08:06 AM

13,382 posts, read 40,850,925 times
Enjoy the coming thaw!
Halloween might be wet but it probably won't be slushy.

Old 10-27-2006, 08:39 AM

137 posts, read 717,799 times
Wednesday night we were out in short sleeves, then Thrusday we woke up to a blizzard and got about a foot and a half of snow here (about a foot in town). We only get a snow like this every 5 years or so. This one didn't melt off by the afternoon! When we do get a big snow the whole city pretty much shuts down; you stay home from work, light a fire, do some baking, or get a start on addressing Christmas cards; then when the sun comes out you all bundle up to play in the snow! We're all staying home today too, although most everyone else will be out and about. The roads should be mostly clear- but we haven't plowed our driveway yet; my hubby's out doing that now. It's really a wonderland if you can just make yourself stay home and enjoy a day off.

We get more snow in the fall and spring than in the winter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or