U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2006, 01:32 PM

615 posts, read 2,761,868 times

Advertisements

We are in Highlands Ranch and have gotten over 9 inches of snow last night and today and it is still falling. The kids are having fun making snow forts, snowball fights and sledding. I had to knock snow out of our Aspens since they still had plenty of leaves still on them. Lost one smaller branch.

The kids are on fall break and I hope we will be able to go up skiing this weekend for the first time this season. My older son got his 6th grade ski pass in the mail yeasterday, but we are still waiting on my younger son's 5th grade ski pass. I got a season pass for myself and my daughter for A-Basin/Breckenridge/Keystone/Vail. I'm still trying to convince my wife to go up with us at some point this season.

For those of you not familiar with the 5th and 6th grade ski passes, they are an awsome deal. For 5th graders, they get 3 FREE ski passes to 25 different ski resorts throughout Colorado. Do the math and they get 75 free passes. For 6th graders that had the 5th grade pass, they get the same passes for just $59. They call it the Graduate pass. The booklets they get also come with discounts on ski/board rentals, lodging, lessons, and adult lift tickets. We will likely only use the A-Basin, Breckenridge, Keystone and Vail passes due to the season passes that the rest of the family has, but that would give us at least 12 ski outings this season.

You can find out more about the 5th and 6th grade ski passes at http://www.coloradoski.com/5passport/index.cfm (broken link)

I got my sons season ski rentals at Sports Authority, which will save on rental costs. I think it would be crazy to buy them gear while they are still growing, even with some of the exchange programs around. Unfortunately, my daughter is adult sized and they only offered kids season rentals. There probably is someplace around here that has a decent price on adult season rentals. Though, we are dangling a carrot in front of our daughter to get good grades this school year and we will get her a snowboard package at the next Sniagrab, but that will be for next season.

For those of you coming from warm weather states, the Sports Authority Sniagrab sale ("Bargains" spelled backwards) in the fall is a great time to get winter gear at substantial savings. Other sporting goods stores have similar sales in the fall, but Sniagrab is the biggest.

Sorry for the babbling. I'm just excited to get some skiing in soon.

Last edited by gpraceman; 10-26-2006 at 02:35 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2006, 06:48 PM

649 posts, read 2,691,617 times
That is some great info there! I am sure alot of people will be able to use that info. thank you.. bashep

Old 10-26-2006, 07:06 PM

I think it was our realtor that let us know about the program. I sure don't remember these being around when I was that age. It has worked out for my two sons, but unfortunately my daughter was past the age to take advantage of this. Now that we live back in Colorado we can go skiing more and take advantage of these passes while we can.

Of course, it is an attempt by the ski resorts to get the kids hooked on skiing or snowboarding and to get mom, dad and siblings to come along. However, if you wanted to ski anyways, these provide a nice bit of savings.

It also looks like for the 6th grade "Graduate Pass" that having had the 5th grade pass is NOT a requirement. Just provide proof of 6th grade status (birth certificate, report card or school ID).

Old 10-26-2006, 09:23 PM
Status: "Celebrating 30 years as a Broker" (set 20 days ago)

10,883 posts, read 29,313,834 times
It's an attempt to breed olympic skiers and snowboarders.

Old 09-01-2007, 09:58 PM

Time to bump this thread back to life.

Sniagrab and Ski Rex sales are this weekend, which signals that ski season is just around the corner.

Many people do not know about the 5th and 6th grade ski pass deals the kids can get. You can read my post at the start of this thread for more detail, but basically, it is a booklet of 3 ski passes to 25 different ski resorts. For 5th graders it is FREE and is only $59 for 6th graders. It is a great deal, so don't let the opportunity slip you by if you have kids that age.

For more info, check out this website Passes | ColoradoSki.com

Even if you are not into skiing or snowboarding, the big Sniagrab and Ski Rex sales are good for getting stocked up on winter jackets, gloves, hats, snow pants, etc. With the way our kids outgrow things or tear them up, we have to hit these sales each year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado