Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 09:19 AM

2,269 posts, read 7,333,088 times

Advertisements

Good luck Crackerjack! Thanks for all your great posts.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2006, 03:16 PM

5 posts, read 10,643 times
Durango would be a great choice. The anti Cal sentiment is small. Mostly people who are jealous. You'll find small minded people in every community. But rest assured nothing formally organized....

Best advice would be to locate where you will work and then figure out what the commute will be to and from there to different areas. Driving into the sun here can get old real quick. Most commute problems are due to being blinded by the sun and the accidents that causes.

Old 12-01-2006, 06:44 PM

648 posts, read 2,940,561 times
Hey there-
Not sure if you have gone down this road. Have you considered Larkspur Colorado? Their pay is better then average. But you could also live in Colorado Springs or the outskirts and have a decent house, then commute. Just a thought... bashep

Old 12-05-2006, 04:06 AM

476 posts, read 2,318,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albinoazian View Post
Durango sounds nice coming from Orange County, but it even looks too expensive. The problem is that I teach and the pay is very well in CA and CO is one of the worse states I have seen. With the teaching salary being so low, Durango looks to be even more expensive for a teacher than OC. The reason is that I make $50k as a first year teacher and CO makes $32k. After 20 years CO is at $50k and in CA I would be over $80k. With homes being $300k+ in Durango, $32k won't cut it. Not to mention there is only high school to try to find a job. And it looked like a place I would like.
You might look in Farmington, New Mexico, a border city next to Durango. It it a fairly big city. Something like the third biggest city in New Mexico. I know many people who live in Durango but work in Farmington and vice versa. Farmington is a desert city where Durango is a pretty mountain city. Some people move to Farmington first and then later when they can move to Durango. Farmington New Mexico info can be found by using a search engine and there is a lot on it. Californiawise I would compare it to Farmington = Palmdale, Durango = Tahoe.

Old 12-05-2006, 06:46 PM

26 posts, read 103,709 times
Question where is the best place to rent in colorado?

i visited highland ranch and i loved it. not sure if the prices are right or if we can find a better and cheaper place. we are looking for a nice place /secure/ and with ammenities. we want to rent for a few months while we review the real state. we are moving in january
any suggestions- we are relocating from miami..

Old 12-05-2006, 06:57 PM

11,826 posts, read 34,433,423 times
there are three apartments complexes in HR, Palamino off Quebec, one on Ridge & University & one on broadway south of HR pwky. There are two just south of County Line between University & Colorado.

Old 08-15-2007, 06:05 AM

1 posts, read 1,893 times
I'm trying to do some research about the state you live in. i want to visit, probably in a "bad month"...{.which is?} to see if my body can tolerate the cold . i would like to find a city {if there is one} where there has less trauma, storms and very little humidity...but yet have beauty all around me. Ive lived in Florida my whole life and I'm tired of the same ole... flat....boring.... heat... well you get the picture. the Florida weather is killing me, now that Ive gotten older. i always wanted to live in Colorado {because of the beauty} but have always heard only the night mares. i would love to find that perfect city or out in the county...{not to far from the city}, cost effective to raise 5 children, with out the worry of them being buried by snow storms. by the way a hummer sound great to buy, is there something else that can do the job, that's a little cheaper.. hee hee.. Is there any way you can help me out ? who to ask than a person who lives there....lol...I'm looking forward to hearing from you. thank you, Dawn Tousey

Old 08-15-2007, 08:24 AM

739 posts, read 2,949,003 times
I wonder if this guy ever moved???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado