Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2017, 07:04 PM

12,259 posts, read 24,350,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post

I do think we are talking decades until you can ship pot across state lines.
That could be until then Pueblo will be the MJ valley for the state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2017, 11:45 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,436,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by josseppie View Post
that could be until then pueblo will be the mj valley for the state.
ok

Old 09-30-2017, 01:45 PM

975 posts, read 1,316,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Exactly. Talking to people in the industry who moved to Pueblo to be in it tell me as mj becomes legal all over the nation Pueblo set itself up to me the mj valley.
Of course they're going to say that, they bet on Puebo and are making investments there. People who are setting up in various municipalities in CA are saying the same thing in those locations. It's all marketing and the next 5-10 years will bring massive changes to the industry as new markets come online and demand shifts elsewhere.

Old 09-30-2017, 03:54 PM

12,259 posts, read 24,350,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
Of course they're going to say that, they bet on Puebo and are making investments there. People who are setting up in various municipalities in CA are saying the same thing in those locations. It's all marketing and the next 5-10 years will bring massive changes to the industry as new markets come online and demand shifts elsewhere.
Look what is going on with CSU Pueblo with mj research, the old Pepsi building that will be a 3 story grow/ research center, and the climate that is perfect for mj to grow here. So maybe in the long run the county will not be the largest mj valley in the nation but even a modest one combined with the growth already forecasted to come here would put the county's population close to 500,000 people in 15 years.

Old 09-30-2017, 05:20 PM

17,874 posts, read 27,262,848 times
Say what you will about Pueblo County, but we've got folks working their aghghghsses off here to grow the hippie lettuce.

Old 09-30-2017, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Say what you will about Pueblo County, but we've got folks working their aghghghsses off here to grow the hippie lettuce.

I don't dispute that one bit. Love the Steal Your Face. I have one of those on my camper.

Old 09-30-2017, 06:05 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,318,546 times
Hippie Lettuce. Lol.

The rest of this post is going to be about an advanced subject matter for you non-imbibers, so feel free to tune out now.

The thing about craft beer and wine is that if you drink enough of it it gets you drunk. I'm not knocking it, there's a whole range of bouquets and flavors that connoisseurs relish, and there's nothing wrong with that. Once you get past the earthly pleasures of taste and bouquet, though, all you get is drunk.

That isn't the case with cannabis. There is a whole connoisseur culture built up around it too, but for a different reason. Sure, there's the bouquet and taste aspect of it, but past that there is an entire range of aftereffects. Some strains are energetic, uplifting, and motivating, while others are relaxing, dreamy, and calming, with the entire range in between represented by some strain somewhere. For the unenlightened or inexperienced, the difference in the effects of different strains cannot be overstated. It is one of the biggest reasons the stereotypes a lot of people so dearly hold on to are so wrong.

In the future, when it is legal everywhere and transporting it over state lines is no longer an issue, it will be all about quality. If the Pueblo growers can develop top quality, unique strains that cover the entire range from the most energetic you've ever tried to the most sleepy you've ever tried, and combine them with a lights-out marketing strategy (no pun intended), including things like holding cannabis cup competitions open to competitors worldwide, then I believe the optimism held by some in this thread is well placed.

Old 09-30-2017, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
Hippie Lettuce. Lol.

The rest of this post is going to be about an advanced subject matter for you non-imbibers, so feel free to tune out now.

The thing about craft beer and wine is that if you drink enough of it it gets you drunk. I'm not knocking it, there's a whole range of bouquets and flavors that connoisseurs relish, and there's nothing wrong with that. Once you get past the earthly pleasures of taste and bouquet, though, all you get is drunk.

That isn't the case with cannabis. There is a whole connoisseur culture built up around it too, but for a different reason. Sure, there's the bouquet and taste aspect of it, but past that there is an entire range of aftereffects. Some strains are energetic, uplifting, and motivating, while others are relaxing, dreamy, and calming, with the entire range in between represented by some strain somewhere. For the unenlightened or inexperienced, the difference in the effects of different strains cannot be overstated. It is one of the biggest reasons the stereotypes a lot of people so dearly hold on to are so wrong.

In the future, when it is legal everywhere and transporting it over state lines is no longer an issue, it will be all about quality. If the Pueblo growers can develop top quality, unique strains that cover the entire range from the most energetic you've ever tried to the most sleepy you've ever tried, and combine them with a lights-out marketing strategy (no pun intended), including things like holding cannabis cup competitions open to competitors worldwide, then I believe the optimism held by some in this thread is well placed.
The stoner elitism is hilarious. You're much more enlightened than everyone else. Your opinion on this subject is also incredibly influenced by your usage.

Old 09-30-2017, 10:21 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,318,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydog77 View Post
the stoner elitism is hilarious. You're much more enlightened than everyone else. Your opinion on this subject is also incredibly influenced by your usage.
lol.

Have you ever attended a Cannabis Cup in Amsterdam? I have. I know of which I speak.

I was predictably correct about the advanced subject matter part. It went right over your head.

Old 09-30-2017, 10:40 PM

17,874 posts, read 27,262,848 times
Quote:
Hippie Lettuce. Lol.

I wish they'd come out with a strain which would motivate or cultivate the user or imbiber or tokemaster or bouquet-smoker to pick up their own trash (and don't dispose of it in a ditch along Portland road) or pay their own bills or maybe even pull their own weeds.

These are things we see around Pueblo County that could be useful.

Quote:
I was predictably correct about the advanced subject matter part. It went right over your head.
All that well-placed ambition and humility to boot. Nice.

Oh, back to the beer drinker. I've sort of done quite a bit of voluntary lab-work in the field of alcohol/spirits, and I can tell you based on my experiences and research, about 20% of your drinkers get drunk at certain times and the other 80%, never to very rarely.

Quote:
Your comments do not describe any cannabis user I know.

But I don't fit the stereotype either. Neither does the vast majority of cannabis users. You don't see them, you don't notice them, you don't know who they are. If we were attending the same function, you would have NO WAY of knowing I use cannabis. Most cannabis users fall into that category.

Please, help me by guiding me through my maze of questions:

I want to know why you know better than I about how the plant affects me and my life?

I want to know why some of you would rather have seen me in prison for these 45 years rather than be a productive member of society?

Also, exactly when will it affect my brain? I mean, at this point I can still type, work, spell, pay taxes, etc. When will I lose these abilities because of my cannabis use?

When are my lungs going to become nothing but a big lump of cancer?

When am I going to be involved in a fatal car crash (my last accident was in 1981)?

When am I going to stop being productive and do nothing but sit on the couch and eat Doritos?

When am I going to have to have the government start taking care of me (I've never taken a government handout in my life)?

When am I going to gateway to something even worse?
You responded to my post before I was done responding to your comments.

Let me go to my basement with a nice cup of Keurig coffee, my drug of choice, fire up the tube amps, play some music and read your barrage of questions, and maybe in the interim, you can notice a few of my updated comments.

Quote:
Which has nothing to do with the point I was trying to make.

The point is when you do drink enough to get drunk, it has only one result. You get drunk.

With cannabis the wide variety of strains means if you ingest enough for it to have an effect, that effect can be chosen ahead of time, from quite a wide variety of choices.

Do I expect you to understand or acknowledge that? Ha! Not hardly. Believe it or not, I'm still in touch with reality.
Nevermind with the response.

I see you're very snarky and have already answered my questions for me.

Like you were saying, many of my responses had nothing to do with and we're not even directed at you, but were aimed at Pueblo at large.

To push back on your opinion about alcohol users, the 80% I'd mentioned do not get drunk nor accidentally drink too much. They stop after one or a couple or one per hour or less, thus not getting drunk, period.

Last edited by McGowdog; 09-30-2017 at 11:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado