U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 12:16 PM

818 posts, read 820,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxmon186 View Post
A few more questions: Should I arrive sans car or if my car fails me will the pueblo public transit system allow me to make do? Are there enough cabs in town? Does Pueblo have a gardening supply store?
Coming from Brooklyn you are in for a rude awakening regarding transit. Bus service runs from 6:30A to 6:30P M-F, 8:30A-6-30P Saturday, and no service on Sunday. The frequency of the buses is every hour except for some routes that run every 1/2 hour during peak periods.

Bring a car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2014, 02:09 PM

1,987 posts, read 2,887,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugrats2001 View Post
I can pretty much guarantee that NO PLACE in Colorado is going to take kindly to a new transplant looking to change the culture of an area, no matter how pure their motives. You move to Colorado for what it is, not what you want it to be.
I live in the foothills, in Colorado. I've lived in New York and San Francisco, and I do prefer those cities over living in Colorado.

That said, my first thought about your wanting to come in and change, anything, is to leave the activist mentality in New York. Why do you think you're "Just what Pueblo needs"?

It sounds like you think "the west" is an open, unconquered territory. There is an established marijuana industry in Colorado. Is there room for new businesses? Most likely, I don't personally know, but you'd be one of a hundred other wannabe's, not some savior from the "northeast".

Also, you may be Way over estimating the general overall acceptance of legal marijuana. I think the war on drugs is a farce, and that [illegal] drugs should never have been criminalized in the first place. They should have been treated equally under the law, same as the drugs, alcohol and tobacco.

That being said, I still don't want to be subjected to a cloud of chronic, it smells like an industrial chemical spill, when I'm in my backyard.

Old 10-08-2014, 07:52 PM

14 posts, read 32,333 times
A few more questions: Are there bike lanes? What is the street cleaning schedule? Is the impact of the yearly festivals positive or negative? Does the town have ample radio stations? (I know it's a weird question but some markets just don't have enough classic rock). Also, how is the air quality in terms of allergens? How's the graffiti in Pueblo? Thanks guys!

Old 10-09-2014, 04:07 AM

168 posts, read 218,853 times
LOLOLOLOL.

Marx is playing with you all with these moronic questions.....

Old 10-09-2014, 09:07 PM

I assure you my moronic questions are asked in earnest sir. Blessed is the forum and the fine folks that comprise it. Google can certainly help, but you folks have the straight dope.

Old 10-11-2014, 02:18 PM

22 posts, read 22,010 times
Yes, Pueblo has bike routes as well as a paved river trail system, go to activepueblo.net for a PDF map of bike routes.

Like most festivals they stimulate the economy of the area in which they are held and provide cultural enrichment.

Go to Wikipedia for a list of Pueblo radio stations, the Pueblo list of radio stations covers stations broadcasting from and/or licensed to Pueblo, Pueblo also gets nearly all Colorado Springs stations and some others, a more complete list is available by clicking on a Pueblo radio station at Wikipedia and scrolling down to the "Radio Stations in the Pueblo, Colorado Market" infobox.

Allergy/pollen levels are low, you can check weatherbug for daily levels, neighboring Colorado Springs routinely makes city best of lists for allergies & asthma.

Graffiti tends to be a problem under bridges & in alleys but the city has a community service program that works to remove it.

Old 10-20-2014, 05:08 PM

Thanks so much!

Old 08-03-2015, 12:31 PM

11,897 posts, read 19,072,151 times
Exclamation Perfect economic, weather conditions lure pot growers to Pueblo

I saw this article in the Denver Post today so I thought I would post it here:

AVONDALE —Denver-based Two Rivers Water & Farming Co. typically can reel in $4,000 to $5,000 for every acre of corn, cabbage and pumpkins it plants. But Two Rivers is aiming for far higher cash yields by leasing land to cannabis growers.

Publicly traded Two Rivers, which last year logged $2.4 million in revenue by converting acreage to high-yield fruits and vegetables from feed crops, has spun off a subsidiary, GrowCo Inc., that is building huge greenhouses to lease to licensed recreational marijuana growers at about $1 million an acre.

The link: Perfect economic, weather conditions lure pot growers to Pueblo - The Denver Post

Old 08-08-2015, 06:54 PM

More good news this time south of town. This will mean 1,500 new jobs!

The link: http://www.pueblo.us/DocumentCenter/View/11232

Last edited by Josseppie; 08-08-2015 at 07:18 PM..

Old 10-02-2015, 12:23 PM

Exclamation From steel to pot, Pueblo seeing resurgence

I have to be honest. All the news coming out how pot is helping the economy here has totally taken me by surprise. It will be interesting to see where this goes.

This is from the Summit Daily News:

“Historically, the biggest opponent of marijuana reform has been the government,” Vicente says. “Here, the tables have turned. No one else in history has taken as comprehensive a look at establishing marijuana business laws.” Pueblo County’s economy, he adds, “has gone through the roof.”

Real estate prices are rising, too. Industrial properties have nearly doubled in price to $50 per square foot just since 2014, says local realtor Kendall Curtis, and now that the first outdoor grows and greenhouses are materializing, agricultural land prices have doubled to up to $10,000 an acre. All in all, the Southern Colorado Growers Association, the local marijuana trade organization, claims the industry has provided 1,300 new jobs and contributed more than $120 million to the local economy. The county is also hoping to attract marijuana testing labs and processing plants. “Pueblo could be the Silicon Valley of marijuana,” says Markuson, the county’s economic development director.

The link: From steel to pot, Pueblo seeing resurgence | SummitDaily.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado