Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2016, 12:35 PM

977 posts, read 1,328,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Weed is legal in Colorado. It's no different then bands in the backyard.
I agree, I was referring to the details surrounding this event and how the law, at the county level, wasn't followed.

Weed is fine, trying to permit a major entertainment event without following the rules isn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2016, 12:47 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,457,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
I agree, I was referring to the details surrounding this event and how the law, at the county level, wasn't followed.

Weed is fine, trying to permit a major entertainment event without following the rules isn't.
I think there was confusion because in the past the way it was handled was legal but the county changed the rules. I do think once they have more time to do a proper permit later this year or next it will be back. My issue with the sherif is he is ok with bands in the backyard but not this only Cus of weed. That is not his job to decide why he lost my vote.

Old 04-08-2016, 07:05 PM

18,013 posts, read 27,456,617 times
Pot "producers" around Pueblo County have been getting their ass busted, especially those illegal ones from Florida.

Wish the law enforcement was as efficient at busting a property thief or vandal as they seem to be at sniffing out illegal grows.

Old 04-09-2016, 06:53 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,331,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Pot "producers" around Pueblo County have been getting their ass busted, especially those illegal ones from Florida.

Wish the law enforcement was as efficient at busting a property thief or vandal as they seem to be at sniffing out illegal grows.
Now that illegal growers directly affect the amount of tax revenue collected from the licensed growers, priorities change.

Old 04-10-2016, 01:03 PM

Really good weed, such as a New York City favorite, this stuff called Sour Diesel, grown in Humboldt County and Mendocino County, has become like crack for a quick and powerful high.

So that means the crime element has hit little old innocent marijuana hard.

So, look for the thugs to hit the "clubs"... aka dispensaries hard, the illegal grows, etc. Just like H and crack and meth etc., people will kill and rob for this stuff. It's become big-league. Maybe the gubmint was correct in labeling this plant a schedule-1 after all.

Looks like the luster is wearing off of the poor innocent organic mother-earth hippie-lettuce.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LCkaMnuGMc

Old 04-10-2016, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Really good weed, such as a New York City favorite, this stuff called Sour Diesel, grown in Humboldt County and Mendocino County, has become like crack for a quick and powerful high.

So that means the crime element has hit little old innocent marijuana hard.

So, look for the thugs to hit the "clubs"... aka dispensaries hard, the illegal grows, etc. Just like H and crack and meth etc., people will kill and rob for this stuff. It's become big-league. Maybe the gubmint was correct in labeling this plant a schedule-1 after all.

Looks like the luster is wearing off of the poor innocent organic mother-earth hippie-lettuce.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LCkaMnuGMc

Really? Hmmm. My suggestion? Stick to subjects where you know what you are talking about.

Sour Diesel has been around for a long time. It is just another good, potent strain. It is actually one of the better ones because it provides energy and motivation, which is why it was named Diesel to begin with.

More potent strains are a good thing, not a bad thing. It simply means you use less product to achieve the desired results. If you use more it doesn't really do anything, unlike synthetic drugs. That is why there is no such thing as a marijuana overdose.

Please don't fall for hype. I am kinda hoping you were being sarcastic, because if your post was meant in a serious tone, well, that would be really sad.

Old 04-10-2016, 02:53 PM

I don't care what the end user does with this plant. I don't care what it tastes like, how good it makes you feel, nor the inherent nor apparent medicinal qualities that it holds.

Back in my day, we had Humboldt County Skunk. So back in 1986, you could get this stuff in McLean Virginia for 10 bucks, just like now, and you just needed a tiny toke for a nice two hour high.

What was you doin in a 1986? For real. Stick to subjects that I know about? Changing one's state of consciousness for the better? I've been doing the lab work on that since I was about 5, that would be somewhere about 1971. What was you doin then? For real.

Oh, I've been into the natural rise of consciousness since about 1994. Where wuz you... nevermind.

I used weed to try and control my drinking problem, with much success at times. But I solved the drug problem altogether, a subject way over your head here, so so we'll stay in our lanes for the topic of the thread.

So here's my point. This sour diesel, or whatever strain the New Yorkers are getting from 3000 miles west on I-80 (like how about this stuff called shatter? That up to date enough for ya, Raddo? One gram goes for 35 dollars! That's 15,876.00 per lb if you want to "count the zeros"!), they turn that one lb of weed into $4000.00. Get it? Ten lbs nets 40k. This weed ain't small time any more.

Do you understand that? No matter what Colorado does with the product, the incentives for the crime element will remain strong, and perhaps get even worse. The black market is what I'm talking about. New York dealers are turning to this stuff instead of the "harder" drugs... to sell and "feed their families on".

Add...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
In 1986 I was a 30 year old professional running my own business, I already had 15 years of experience with the plant by then, thank you very much.
There ya go, always needing to tell us how professional smart and successful you are. You pro-pot people are about the biggest approval seekers I've ever met.

... I am very smart and successful, and doggone, people like me!

Last edited by McGowdog; 04-10-2016 at 03:25 PM..

Old 04-10-2016, 03:13 PM

Quote:
I don't care what the end user does with this plant. I don't care what it tastes like, how good it makes you feel, nor the inherent nor apparent medicinal qualities that it holds.

Back in my day, we had Humboldt County Skunk. So back in 1986, you could get this stuff in McLean Virginia for 10 bucks, just like now, and you just needed a tiny toke for a nice two hour high.

What was you doin in a 1986? For real. Stick to subjects that I know about? Changing one's state of consciousness for the better? I've been doing the lab work on that since I was about 5, that would be somewhere about 1971. What was you doin then? For real.

Oh, I've been into the natural rise of consciousness since about 1994. Where wuz you... nevermind.

I used weed to try and control my drinking problem, with much success at times. But I solved the drug problem altogether, a subject way over your head here, so so we'll stay in our lanes for the topic of the thread.

So here's my point. This sour diesel, or whatever strain the New Yorkers are getting from 3000 miles west on I-80, they turn that one lb of weed into $4000.00. Get it? Ten lbs nets 40k. This weed ain't small time any more.

Do you understand that? No matter what Colorado does with the product, the incentives for the crime element will remain strong, and perhaps get even worse. The black market is what I'm talking about. New York dealers are turning to this stuff instead of the "harder" drugs... to sell and "feed their families on".
In 1986 I was a 30 year old professional running my own business. I already had 15 years of experience with the plant by then, thank you very much.

If you think Sour Diesel causes people to "kill and rob", then you are as delusional as I thought. On the other hand, if you are now instead saying the high price, combined with the fact that it is a cash-only industry which in turn puts a huge target on dispensaries, then you are spot-on. So the crime you are referring to is simply because the thieves know there is a lot of cash on hand, not because they are crazed and trying to get their "hippie-lettuce" fix.

Sour Diesel is not any more expensive than any other top-shelf strain. The industry has been cash-only since it started in 2012. Nothing has changed. For you to try to put a crack-head kill and rob spin on it just displays your intense bias.

The fact that the industry is mega-huge is nothing new either. In a previous post I stated how recreational sales alone in 2015 fell only a few dollars short of $1 billion dollars.

Law makers already know there is a price point where the profit motive is taken out of the black market. It is a matter of getting the right taxation point, and letting free market supply and demand drop the price. The black market will SHRINK as more states legalize, not expand. In addition, there are already bills in congress to address the cash-only industry problem.

If you can spare 4 minutes of your precious time, this clip will show that the lawmakers on the forefront of legalization are well aware of how the black market and taxation relate to each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=texEvnmciy4

Last edited by Raddo; 04-10-2016 at 03:30 PM..

Old 04-10-2016, 03:48 PM

Quote:
There ya go, always needing to tell us how professional smart and successful you are. You pro-pot people are about the biggest approval seekers I've ever met.

... I am very smart and successful, and doggone, people like me!
Oh, just stop it. You are making yourself look foolish. I was simply answering a question that you demanded an answer to:

Quote:
What was you doin in a 1986? For real.
Nice try at a deflection, though. As with most prohibitionists, you try to focus on some personal insult, and completely ignore the facts in the rest of the post.

Old 04-10-2016, 04:39 PM

Oh, so you find me to be a prohibitionist? On the contrary, I'm mainly interested in finding other channels to "enlightenment", or as I said before, not wanting to derail the thread.

I don't care what you think of me, btw. I've just come to this thread because A) I live in Pueblo County, and B) I've decided to present my recent observations.

My observations are that criminals are finding very clandestine ways to find huge profits on weed. This will lead to deaths, all forms of crime, havoc wreaked on the environment, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado