Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 09:54 PM

320 posts, read 1,729,917 times

Advertisements

Haven't moved there YET but form my trips to Co it all about the cleanliness, no graffiti not litter and the people are friendly. Rocky Mtn. Nat'l park is to die for. traffic is far lighter than So Cal and everything is cheaper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2007, 10:00 PM

388 posts, read 326,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfSoCal View Post
Haven't moved there YET but form my trips to Co it all about the cleanliness, no graffiti not litter and the people are friendly. Rocky Mtn. Nat'l park is to die for. traffic is far lighter than So Cal and everything is cheaper
No disrespect, but you obviously haven't visited many parts of Denver area. There is plenty of graffiti and gangs in the area.

Old 11-19-2007, 10:14 AM

8,317 posts, read 29,405,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto View Post
No disrespect, but you obviously haven't visited many parts of Denver area. There is plenty of graffiti and gangs in the area.
No kidding, when you see the State Capitol "tagged" (and I have), yeah, there's a gang problem. A friend of mine's brother-in-law lived in a nice older home in the Capitol Hill area of Denver. EVERY Saturday morning, he would repaint his garage door in the alley to get rid of the gang graffiti sprayed on it during the week. He joked that he probably put a hundred pounds of paint on that door duirng the approximately 3 years he lived there. I've seen gang graffiti in just about every city on the Front Range, and also in many rural towns across the state. They are there, it is a problem, and it still appears to be a growing problem.

Old 11-19-2007, 10:50 AM

2 posts, read 16,540 times
Colorado is definitely the state I want to move to. I live in SE Texas where we have the worst allergies on planet earth! No seriously we are up there. I am looking at Peyton or Divide in the high country. 4 wheel drive country. One question to people who live up in the high country. What do you do about the dry skin. I have dry skin as it is. So what do you do for that? I noticed its very dry in the high country. Other than that its PERFECT!

Thanks!

Old 11-19-2007, 10:50 AM

26 posts, read 208,588 times
Quote:

I keep hearing about how dangerous the ‘5 points’ area in Denver is. I hear it’s a big gang area. Anyone have any insight into this?

Old 11-19-2007, 11:02 AM

346 posts, read 1,563,598 times
Quote:
No disrespect to you either, but you obviously haven't traveled the streets of Los Angeles. I know you dislike the constant comparisons--but the reality is that Denver IS clean to the eyes of one from SoCal.

I have seen some graffiti while driving, walking and riding the bus in downtown Denver, so I do not dispute the fact that it does exist. I also noticed it in Westminster, Arvada and on one overpass in Aurora. I even began counting how many times it popped up--less than 5 while covering Littleton, Broomfield, Parker, Arvada, Aurora, and Westminster. I would have given up counting out here after about 10 minutes of driving.

I used to teach at a school where my classroom door was tagged every weekend. It was my Monday morning welcome. We now have it right down the street from home.

Old 11-19-2007, 11:03 AM

26,144 posts, read 48,824,756 times
Default Moderator Speaking

Let's get back to "What do you love most about Colorado" and see what people have to say.

Here are some things I like about Colorado:
- The way the weather changes often.
- Steady breezes.
- Cleaner air than most anywhere.
- History here is newer than old east cost history, which seems ancient and heavy as lead on the psyche.
- Sense of spirited newness, vice east coast's gloomy old wealth and moribund status quo.
- Vast distances and big vistas. You can dream here! You can SEE the stars!
- Variety (prairies, mountains, sand dunes, farming, mining, minerals, horses, shows, people, food)
- Nice people, old-timers and new folks from all over.

I could go on....

Old 11-19-2007, 11:51 AM

456 posts, read 1,573,719 times
Mountains, Sun, nice people, dog friendly, clean air!

Old 11-28-2007, 07:34 AM

17 posts, read 52,090 times
Having moved to Colorado from California:

I LOVE:

The people....nice and friendly, down to earth
the views of the mountains
large lots
wildlife (deer, elk, fox, birds, etc)
great school system
affordable and nice homes
weather is terrific...four seasons, and low humidity
close proximity to mountains for hiking, skiing, equestrian
availability of jobs

A $350k home in the Castle Rock area will get you anywhere from a 3000-5000 square foot brand new home.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:10 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,376,423 times
A $350k home in the Castle Rock area will get you anywhere from a 3000-5000 square foot brand new home.

Really? Is that counting the basement?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado