Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 08:44 AM

8,597 posts, read 14,794,771 times

Advertisements

Loves:
Climate. Very low humidity, moderate summer temps, keeping the windows open at night almost all summer. Hiking from April/May well into September/October.
Geography. Mountains, hills, valleys, plains. Colorado has it all.

Hates:
The negative publicity surrounding A64. Pot proponents love it, but we've been the punchline of more jokes than I care to count.
Cheap bastages who move here, establish residency here, and won't register their cars here. I see a handful of these every day. Cars with local dealer decals & emblems and out-of-state plates ("ex" Texans are especially bad at it). Freeloaders. If you're stretched so thin that you can't afford a few hundred bucks to legally register your car go back to your prior state!

Last edited by bluescreen73; 05-16-2014 at 09:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2014, 11:42 AM

2,483 posts, read 4,358,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifted_Cowboy View Post
I don't care for either party but thanks for asking if you could put 19 signs in my yard. We also enjoy the fishing though I was accosted by some random tree hugger who materialized from the pines to verify I was releasing my trout.
Campaigners are putting signs in your yard without asking? Thats seems illegal. I would definitely call the campaign office and ask them to stop. I don't get involved in politics either and have never had any signs in or near my yard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifted_Cowboy View Post
We also enjoy the fishing though I was accosted by some random tree hugger who materialized from the pines to verify I was releasing my trout.
Yeah, that's not really a CO thing so much as a Western States thing. Apparently some people feel so progressive in their understanding of environmental etiquette that they see no need for any personal etiquette. The way I see it if you're not releasing your trout in an area that requires you to then it's your fine and if you're not required to then it's your choice. Either way none of my business.

Old 05-16-2014, 12:24 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,904,023 times
^^^

It IS illegal for campaigners to put signs on your property without asking. I can be political at times myself, but the only signs I put up were in my own yard or in the yards of neighbors who had given me permission first. Pull up any unwanted campaign signs and toss them in the trash.

As for catch and release - if you're not into it, there are plenty of places in Colorado to fish where catch and release rules are not in effect. PC people can pop up anywhere and they annoy me no end. Stay away from the Boulder area and your Colorado experience will be the better for it.

Old 05-16-2014, 01:24 PM

2,483 posts, read 4,358,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Stay away from the Boulder area and your Colorado experience will be the better for it.
Out of reps for you, but…

That goes for much of Denver and even a lot of Springs. Seems that some people get into a city, especially one with a high coolness factor, and become the antithesis of the 'awesome' outdoor lifestyle that they may have moved there for in the first place. This is basically the thing that Jazz has been griping about on here for years. I've jumped on him for that at times when he's been especially obnoxious about it, but like it or not, there will always be some divide between those with an urban mentality and those with a truly rural ones. I try to see it both ways, and I live in a place that's oddly both at once, but I've probably become more "rural" over the years and if I had to choose one or the other I'd definitely be headed further AWAY from the Denver metro scene rather than closer to it.

Old 05-16-2014, 01:31 PM

13,825 posts, read 29,828,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Cars with local dealer decals & emblems and out-of-state plates ("ex" Texans are especially bad at it).
I know a guy doing that exact thing, and I don't get it either. He always says his time here "is temporary", but he's been here at least 5 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterprods View Post
Campaigners are putting signs in your yard without asking? Thats seems illegal. I would definitely call the campaign office and ask them to stop. I don't get involved in politics either and have never had any signs in or near my yard.
I went on a two day road trip once, and I came home to my house looking like John McCain lived there.

Old 05-16-2014, 04:55 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,953,515 times
David Aguilar wrote: I came home to my house looking like John McCain lived there.

Do you live in a 10,000 square foot mansion?

Old 05-16-2014, 05:14 PM

13,825 posts, read 29,828,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
David Aguilar wrote: I came home to my house looking like John McCain lived there.

Do you live in a 10,000 square foot mansion?
At the time, no.

Let's just say you couldn't see the house for the signs.

Old 05-17-2014, 06:19 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,109,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Loves:
Climate. Very low humidity, moderate summer temps, keeping the windows open at night almost all summer. Hiking from April/May well into September/October.
Geography. Mountains, hills, valleys, plains. Colorado has it all.

Hates:
The negative publicity surrounding A64. Pot proponents love it, but we've been the punchline of more jokes than I care to count.
Cheap bastages who move here, establish residency here, and won't register their cars here. I see a handful of these every day. Cars with local dealer decals & emblems and out-of-state plates ("ex" Texans are especially bad at it). Freeloaders. If you're stretched so thin that you can't afford a few hundred bucks to legally register your car go back to your prior state!
My vehicles are owned by my corp, which happens to be an out of state one.

I find it ironic that in a state such as Colorado, so fervent on protecting the environment and keeping the air clean, tax and fee to death people that buy new cars that are both cleaner and more economical ( i.e. less fossil fuels and less emissions )capriciously and discriminatorily. Meanwhile people driving old crappers from the 70's & 80's that get like 3 gallons to the mile pay $12/yr.

Old 05-17-2014, 10:20 AM

17,930 posts, read 27,339,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
Meanwhile people driving old crappers from the 70's & 80's that get like 3 gallons to the mile pay $12/yr.
Wrong and wrong. I drive an early 60 vehicle that gets 15 mpg and costs 80.00 per year.

Old 05-17-2014, 11:43 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,109,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Wrong and wrong. I drive an early 60 vehicle that gets 15 mpg and costs 80.00 per year.
And why should you pay less than a person that buys a new, say Prius, that gets 3x the mileage and emits less emissions?

I'm going to sound like a real liberal here, but if anything, we should penalize people that drive olde polluters rather than the ones that buy newer, cleaner, and more efficient vehicles that actually keep people employed ( auto workers, dealers, etc ).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado