Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 07:17 PM

1 posts, read 10,107 times

Advertisements

We're moving from California to Colorado Springs at the end of the month....what should we expect weather wise? We already know it's beautiful, but what about the schools, work etc.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2007, 07:23 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,334,823 times
What is bringing you to Colorado Springs? What kind of work do you do? How old are the kids? You can find weather information on the Front Range weather thread on the Denver forum and on many weather websites.

Old 12-01-2007, 07:32 PM

26,338 posts, read 93,512,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by memmkr1 View Post
We're moving from California to Colorado Springs at the end of the month....what should we expect weather wise? We already know it's beautiful, but what about the schools, work etc.?
Sounds like you have this all planned out.

Old 12-04-2007, 09:35 AM

72,834 posts, read 62,219,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse70 View Post
Colorado was a hot spot, as was (of all places) Indiana. The Klan dominated the Colo. legislature in the 20s. Ben Stapleton was a Klan sympathizer. He was the former mayor of Denver and the person Stapleton Airport was named for.
Not just Colorado or Indiana. Oregon(fittingly enough), and California(Orange County especially) became hotbeds for the KKK. Given the fact that Oregon once barred blacks from settling there, this doesn't surprise me. Alot of states were like this. Colorado is checkered in its shared of racism, but I can think of places much worse.

Last edited by green_mariner; 12-04-2007 at 09:54 AM..

Old 12-04-2007, 02:12 PM

30 posts, read 153,589 times
Question Kkk

After reading this thread, I've begun to wonder, are any of the KKK affiliates of Colorodo still around? Have they died off yet? If so, are their children and grandchildren carrying on their legacy of fear, I mean ignorance? Colorado sounds like such a wonderful place, it would be a shame for anyone with beliefs similar to the KKK to ruin it.

Old 12-05-2007, 09:13 AM

4,531 posts, read 8,829,300 times
MrsVMC the new KKK'ers are gang members. They are becoming a real problem in areas where there is a concentration of large numbers of "illegal" immigrants. I worked in the department of Corrections for the state of Nebraska for ten years. Gangs have been a huge problem in corrections facilities in states like California, Arizona, Texas for years but the problem is spreading to states like Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa and Colorado. We have a growing problem with gangs in Lincoln, Grand Island, Omaha and the areas where there are numbers of illegals working in jobs like packinghouses etc. You will see the same thing in Colorado cities.These new KKK types do not wear white sheets and hoods but tatoos. Watch for them coming to your neighborhood soon!

Old 12-05-2007, 11:08 AM

179 posts, read 620,382 times
Oh come on gunluvver. A raving band of neo kkk'ers is taking over the west? Why are they invading towns where illegals are working in packing plants? Are those said neo nazis so pissed that they can't get into their favorite line of work, packing meat, that they are invading towns and creating tension and violence? I don't think so... If this were a true problem, I believe it would have been brought up before someone named gunluvver came onto a forum and educated us all.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:47 PM

4,531 posts, read 8,829,300 times
Reread my post DGONAtive. I said the KKK is not the current problem. The KKK has been replaced by gangbangers. Some of the gangbangers are White but they are Equal Opportunity Employers. Although they are usually racially inclusive there are white gangs, Mexican gangs, Vietnamese gangs African/American etc.

These gangs were usually found in larger urban areas in the past but small communities in Colorado, Kansas, Nebraska are having increased problems with gangs also. The common denominator in these smaller communities with gang problems is a large amount of "illegal" immigrants attracted by jobs like packinghouses.

I think my nickname Gunluvver2 offends you so much you can't get past your prejudices to read my post without forming erroneus conclusions.

To observe the problems some of these smaller communities are having visit a few cities like Dodge City, Garden City and Liberal, Kansas. Then head up to Lexington, Grand Island and Schuyler, Nebraska. On the way back to Colorado stop off in Fort Morgan and Greeley, Colorado. Talk to some of the citizens who lived in these areas before the invasion of "illegal" immigrants began. Visit the archives of the newspapers in these towns and check back over the past thirty years up to the present. Get back to me after you do this and let me know what conclusions you reach.

Old 12-07-2007, 10:11 PM

1,082 posts, read 4,707,297 times
Default what I like

The view of Pike's Peak out my bathroom window every morning.

The fact that my house never smells like mildew or mold, and hardly any bugs anywhere.

Lots and lots of summer barbeques, one every night of the week from April to September if you want.

Getting out of the front range traffic to the more remote towns in the state.

All my friends here like wine instead of beer.

Old 12-07-2007, 10:41 PM

638 posts, read 2,276,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsVMC View Post
After reading this thread, I've begun to wonder, are any of the KKK affiliates of Colorodo still around? Have they died off yet? If so, are their children and grandchildren carrying on their legacy of fear, I mean ignorance? Colorado sounds like such a wonderful place, it would be a shame for anyone with beliefs similar to the KKK to ruin it.
To answer you question, I have heard there is an active KKK in Canon City and one in Indian Hills, between Morrison and Conifer. I don't know if either is true. I think there are little pockets of hate like that everywhere, but it does seem to quickly be being replaced with hatred for illegal aliens. They seem to be the scapegoat for every problem our country has right now.

I just dont get people. Severely penalize employers, and its taken care of. No need for radical patriotic anti-anyone anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado