U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 05:14 PM

615 posts, read 2,118,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cil View Post
I do not understand why older, established homes would be worse in information.
It just seems to me that the more time has elapsed, the more error prone the records on a house are likely to be. Many older records are still likely to be on paper. Files can also become misplaced and lost over time. If they have been put into a computer, were they put in accurately? Has the data gone from one database to another, without error, over time (old mainframe data storage to newer databases)?

These are just my assumptions. Maybe it is just my lack of faith in city and county governments to always keep accurate records over the course of many years and with changes in technology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2006, 05:36 PM

117 posts, read 451,060 times
Definitely some goof ups going on.

Last November my mother passed away, and my sybilings and I had to get her house appraised.
Two appraisers came out and both told us that the records showed that the house only had 2 bedrooms and 1 bath.
It has 3 bedrooms, 2 bath, and I was here at the house (living in it now), each time when the building inspector came out.
The additions started at 27 years ago, and last one was done 22 years ago.

Zillow showed last year the same info as the apprasiers had in their records last year, except the price. Both appraisals were way below what Zillow had it estimated at.

Zillow still has some interesting info though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado