U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 01:29 PM

10 posts, read 20,914 times
like I said, and the very reason I posted "this is getting off track", not to mention sent you a DM instead of a rebuttal, was to avoid all of this nonsense.

can we please simply stick to COS?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2008, 01:39 PM

261 posts, read 426,928 times
Hey, it's not that serious. AshleyT sounds like a free spirit. Plus, re-read her post, she's 23. She's doing a "stream-of consciousness" writing here. This is like a blog for her and we're all invited.

Remember 23? She's already worried about her "conscience being hushed". Isn't that enough for one person to deal with?! Laugh.

Kidding aside....Colorado Springs is a nice place. I second a vote for going to check it out. It's the only way that you'll really know if it's your kind of town.

Other places that I personally think that you may like based on nothing but my own opinion. Hint: Don't waste time arguing against these cities, it's not that serious...

(1) Boulder
(2) Portland
(3) Seattle
(4) Anchorage (Surprised? It's the anti-Dallas, trust me).
(5) Wildcard: San Antonio.
Some people would say Austin, but it's not so different from Dallas to me.

Good luck in wherever you go. Keep roamin'....

Old 01-07-2008, 02:52 PM

10 posts, read 20,914 times
hah.

appreciate it.

will do.

(lived in north san antonio for a year and enjoyed everything but the weather.)

and yes. will work on not being as obvious at the hushing.

Old 01-07-2008, 06:40 PM

2,220 posts, read 3,342,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepthefaith View Post
Other places that I personally think that you may like based on nothing but my own opinion. Hint: Don't waste time arguing against these cities, it's not that serious...

(1) Boulder
(2) Portland
(3) Seattle
(4) Anchorage (Surprised? It's the anti-Dallas, trust me).
(5) Wildcard: San Antonio.
1 - Boulder - No way, it's like the San Francisco of Colorado.
2 - Portland - No way, it's like the San Francisco of Oregon.
3 - Seattle - No way, it's like the San Francisco of Washington.
4 - Anchorage - Yeah, baby. It's like the anti-San Francisco!
5 - San Antonio...not too bad, at least it's not Austin, which is like the San Francisco of Texas.

Cheers

Bob

Old 01-08-2008, 12:08 PM

268 posts, read 790,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob from down south View Post
5 - San Antonio...not too bad, at least it's not Austin, which is like the San Francisco of Texas.
No way. Hot and full of stupid people. Horrible city planning and never ended construction. We moved from there to Colorado Springs. San Antonio was the government's choice, COS was ours.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:12 PM

3 posts, read 6,687 times
Ashley:
Any city can be boring. This morning it was -5 when I woke up. Try that on for Jan.
Take a vacation here in the winter to see how you feel. You'll probably miss the warm weather and the big city if that's all you've known. Unless you're a natural for the cooler weather and smaller cities. There's a lot less culture here than Dallas.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:37 PM

87 posts, read 6,779 times
New Mexico is clearly the winner.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:23 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,302,517 times
i'd recommend reading many, many threads and posts on the colorado forum to get a feel for how you might fit, and how it might fit you. it sounds as though the "fit" is what you're having trouble with in dallas, largely, so the "fit" might be what you're after; if it's the vegetation and the sort of removed, norman rockwellian romance of things without consideration of the people that matters most, that could be one thing, while if the interpersonal side of life matters to you, that might be another. either way, i think that my first recommendation might be of value for you. i would also say it might be worth a talk with anyone you know in colorado (or that's spent appreciable time here) that knows you well could serve you right. some visiting might be good, though i am not sure visits get people far beyond surface impressions; what it might be like to be on vacation in colorado.

good luck.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:41 PM

69,194 posts, read 58,392,139 times
From hello-world:
Quote:
i am not sure visits get people far beyond surface impressions; what it might be like to be on vacation in colorado.
I agree, though I think it would be a big mistake to move here sight unseen.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:47 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,302,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse70 View Post
From hello-world:

I agree, though I think it would be a big mistake to move here sight unseen.
yah. i second that. with supplements in the guise of the other recommendations here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado