U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 09-13-2008, 01:19 PM

2,522 posts, read 1,561,665 times
1) Current City and State = McAllen, TX

2) Why do you want to leave =Weather, too hot too long, mosquitos, no snow, no mountains

3) Where In Colorado and Why =Pueblo job transfer for me is limited to Pueblo, but still anyplace better than here

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States = Colorado or BUST

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = wife hesistant, taking it slow, will visit again in 2009 and make move in 2010 May/June

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? = i know Pueblo doesn't get as much snow as the rest of the major cities, but it's still better than no snow and the mountains are a few hours drive a way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 09-13-2008, 04:53 PM

490 posts, read 1,012,451 times
1) Current City and State = portland, me

2) Why do you want to leave = humidity, tanking economy, want to experience the rockies

3) Where In Colorado and Why = currently denver. gf may be attending johnson and wales

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States = washington, or back to nh

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = lack of funds. need to start saving this winter for a summer (hopefully) arrival.

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? = penguins will push one of their own into the water to see if its safe to go in. penguin pops up - alls clear. no penguin - oh well.

Unread 09-13-2008, 05:30 PM

16,208 posts, read 11,535,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Great, someone else besides me likes the Los Angeles Chargers

Donks favored by 2.5

Unread 09-13-2008, 05:33 PM

16,208 posts, read 11,535,344 times
1) Current City and State = San Diego

2) Why do you want to leave = Summer home and might move full time for retirement. Ca is turning into Mexifornia with all the illegal immigration.

3) Where In Colorado and Why = Canon City, it's got great weather and still in the Mountains.

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States = Colorado or BUST--

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = Possibly buying in CA mts instead, would be easier to go back and forth.

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? = Born in CO, moved to CA and love both.

Unread 09-15-2008, 09:35 PM

92 posts, read 148,774 times
1) Current City and State = Trinity, FL (Tampa Bay)

2) Why do you want to leave = miss the type of outdoor activities and weather CO offers

3) Where In Colorado and Why = West Denver Metro - need the City, want the Mts.

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States = N. CA, WA

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = My 93 yr old mother

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? = Went to DU in the early 70's and really liked lots of things about CO living. Denver today, is vastly more cosmopolitan than it was then.

Unread 10-12-2008, 10:20 AM

330 posts, read 837,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Isn't this this thread almost the same as this:
Thinking about moving to Colorado? Get in line and fill this out…..
No. One of the questions is different.

Unread 10-12-2008, 11:53 AM

336 posts, read 423,395 times
1) Current City and State = SMALL TOWN, Texas

2) Why do you want to leave = looking to start over in another place after my husbands brain injury...thinking that the beauty and nature of
Colorado will be good for him....

3) Where In Colorado and Why = haven't truly decided...making a road trip
to look at homes...so far...one in the Cotopaxi area and three in the
Livermore area

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States = no where really...if not Colorado...just
staying in Texas...but in a different area

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = waiting for our first
Grandbaby to be born in Texas...

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? = can't think of
anything at the moment...

Unread 11-16-2008, 03:38 PM

2 posts, read 2,718 times
1) Current City and State = San Diego, CA

2) Why do you want to leave = SoCal culture (superficial, appearance focused, etc.), crazy housing prices.

3) Where In Colorado and Why = Durango, because of mountains, proximity to NM (where my mom lives), and job possibilities at a new charter school there.

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States = Washington, Oregon

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = Waiting for a job offer!

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? = Grew up in Alaska, can't wait to move somewhere with winter again!

Unread 11-18-2008, 12:11 PM

50 posts, read 87,565 times
1) Current City and State = Irvine, CA

2) Why do you want to leave = to get out of the suburbs, to get away from my parents, to finally live my life, cold weather

3) Where In Colorado and Why = Denver, i like the cold weather, i'm young and it seems like a nice young town, seems safer than my other choice of living spokane WA and i think i could get used to the city life

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States = Spokane WA

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = money, parents, not 100% sure if this is where i want to reside

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? = I love the cold weather, i hate california, i want to do more outdoor activites, i will be attending an online college for a certificate in court reporting and AA in Criminal Justice, I own a horse and plan to eventually move him where i decide to live, i will be bringing my chihuhua with me, hopefully i'll find a good job to pay off bills, and i hope to find a decent priced studio or appartment

Unread 11-18-2008, 03:06 PM

48 posts, read 51,938 times
1) Current City and State = Los Angeles, CA

2) Why do you want to leave = Los Angeles sucks. I thought I loved it here growing up until I decided to get married and wanted to bu ya house and start a family. This is not the place for such activities.

3) Where In Colorado and Why = Colorado Springs, Fort Collins. These are beautiful areas close to the mountains with seemingly same neighborhoods and high qualities of life.

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States = Oregon and Washington

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = Money for a home down-payment. The fact that I've never even been to these places (fixing that soon) and my wife's inhibitions.

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? = I work in advertising, but I can take it or leave it. I guess one of the hold ups is the job market. I wouldn't know what to do. Although I'm not sure what to do here in LA either. We're not looking for a big place or much at all, just a home to call our own so we can start a family in a nice place with good values.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado