Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2010, 08:46 PM

9 posts, read 15,671 times

Advertisements

1)Current City and State = Newport, PA

2)Why do you want to leave = Don't really want to leave, but a job opportunity may come up in Colorado.

3)Where In Colorado and Why = Broomfield area. If I get this job, I will be working in Broomfield.

4)2nd and 3rd Place States = n/a

5)What’s currently holding you back from moving = family and friends. Never been on my own before.

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? = Trying to find more info on the area, can i live there with the salary I will be paid, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 12:00 PM

7 posts, read 11,066 times
1) Current City and State = Just outside Salem, OR

2) Why do you want to leave = Experience something new...want some snow and more family friendly city.

3) Where In Colorado and Why = Haven't decided. Own our own business so we are not tied to a particular area

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States = None. Lived in CA, TX, and OR...ready for CO

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = Close escrow on the house and decide on a CO city

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? = Have young kids, and enjoy the outdoors!

Old 07-13-2010, 06:02 PM

211 posts, read 640,940 times
I'll play...

1)Current City and State = Phoenix, AZ

2)Why do you want to leave = My wife's born and raised here in Arizona. I don't want her to wake up one day and realize she's never got out there to explore the rest of the country.

3)Where In Colorado and Why = She's actually near Pagosa Springs as I type this, a vacation with family. We'd probably end up somewhere on the front range - Denver/CoS area.

4)2nd and 3rd Place States = OR, WA (also NC, IN)

5)What’s currently holding you back from moving = No rush. Gonna pay off all the bills, save up moving/living expenses, down payment, maybe bring a couple developed businesses with us.

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? = This thread is pretty cool. So many people moving to Colorado though, maybe too many?

Old 07-15-2010, 08:55 AM

401 posts, read 855,231 times
I would love to be able to move to CO as soon as the housing market picks up, as I fell in love with the area a long time ago while helping my brother move to Longmont.

1) Current City and State = Tampa, FL

2) Why do you want to leave = Better quality of life, change of seasons, and sick and tired of the heat, humidity, and hurricanes of the south.

3) Where In Colorado and Why = Denver area - probably the best opportunity for jobs in IT field.

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States = n/a

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = Curent housing market is very bad in FL now.

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? = Born and raised in the south and want a change for the family.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:30 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,990,879 times
LAFrench....having lived in Tampa myself, I clearly understand your wanting to get out of there. I attended the University Of Tampa in the late 60s and I've not been back to Florida since I left. I have never experienced even the slightest desire to set foot in that state again. If someone offered to sell me the whole state for a buck, I'd buy it, then flip it to a bigger fool for 2 bucks!

Old 07-16-2010, 07:45 AM

401 posts, read 855,231 times
I don't want to bash the state, but I hear so many comments on the schools here that do not make me excited. To me, the best part of FL is the beaches and I don't even like the beaches!! I definitely agree with you about FL. To me, it's a nice place to visit, not live.
I visited CO when I was 14 while helping my brother move to Longmont.
I instantly fell in love with CO and one of my lifetime goals is to be able to live in the Denver area. I am patiently waiting on the housing market to improve, as we cannot afford to take a loss on the house.
I NEED TO WIN THE LOTTERY!!

What part of CO are you in? How long have you been there?

I appreciate any info.

Thanks,

LaFrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
LAFrench....having lived in Tampa myself, I clearly understand your wanting to get out of there. I attended the University Of Tampa in the late 60s and I've not been back to Florida since I left. I have never experienced even the slightest desire to set foot in that state again. If someone offered to sell me the whole state for a buck, I'd buy it, then flip it to a bigger fool for 2 bucks!

Old 07-16-2010, 10:12 AM

26,206 posts, read 49,007,205 times
Let's all stay with the original format of this thread, which is:
1) Current City and State =
2) Why do you want to leave =
3) Where In Colorado and Why =
4) 2nd and 3rd Place States =
5) What’s currently holding you back from moving =
6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? =

Take side discussions to new or existing threads. Thank you.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 07-16-2010, 12:21 PM

28 posts, read 75,930 times
1.)Current city and state: Elmer, NJ
2.) Why do you want to leave?: To escape this humidity. To live near the mountains. To meet new people. To get pain relief from a dryer climate.
3.) Where in CO and Why: Near Durango. Visited there and fell in love with area.
4.) 2nd and 3rd place states: Utah and New Mexico.
5.)What's holding me back: Finances. I am a former nurse now on disability from old auto accident.
6.)Anything else? I love the beautiful state of Colorado. The high elevation, mountains, starry skies, people, dry air, activities, etc.

Old 07-20-2010, 02:05 PM

323 posts, read 1,131,200 times
KEEP IT SHORT, SWEET, AND TO THE POINT!!

1)Current City and State = Bozeman, MT

2)Why do you want to leave = Moved to Montana after living in Colorado for a while, but really missing the mixture of culture and outdoors that Colorado offers.

3)Where In Colorado and Why = Aspen or Durango, areas, or somewhere within driving distance. We're still young and have lived in ski towns before and would like to do it again, if even for a year or two just to have fun. While there, we'd look into other places to possibly making a life within a decent distance of those spots.

4)2nd and 3rd Place States = Montana and Michigan. I have enjoyed my time in Montana, but feel a little isolated, yet still don't know if I'm really ready to leave. We both grew up in Michigan and everything is there for us (really miss the lakes!!!!!), we just wanted to get out of the Midwest for a while. If ever the job situation picked up, or we had some opportunities, we'd go back. We are currently attracted to Michigan's cheap housing prices, but without solid work there, we wouldn't even be able to get a loan, let alone make it worth it.

5)What’s currently holding you back from moving = Can't decide if moving back to Colorado would be worth it for how broke we'll be. Also, living in Montana has made me really relish the lack of people when I do my outdoor activities. It's a fine line though, sometimes it's nice to have other people around!!!!

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? = At this point, I would only move to the high country in Colorado. I have plenty of suburbia to choose from in Michigan, and my family is there, so if I wanted to live in a city or the suburbs, I'd just go back to Detroit and travel.
Montana is great, but as I have alluded to, it lacks in culture and entertainment and anything other than the outdoors. I haven't figured out whether it's a place I should live, or a place I should merely vacation.

Old 07-20-2010, 04:34 PM

4 posts, read 5,594 times
1)Current City and State = Joshua (South Fort Worth), Texas (9 yrs.)

2)Why do you want to leave = Retired, want to escape the heat and experience new vistas!

3)Where In Colorado and Why = Colorado Springs looks interesting, cost of living similar to Ft. Worth; we are planning a trip to check it out...

4)2nd and 3rd Place States = First choice was the West Coast, since our kids are there, and we miss the ocean. But things have changed since we lived in San Jose 18 years ago. Afraid taxes, etc. will continue to go up and be too expensive on our more modest, retirement income.

5)What’s currently holding you back from moving = need to get house shaped up to sell, and make a decision where to go.

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? = Hometown, Chevy Chase, Md. 20 yrs in CA. We want to find a townhome with a view of the mountains and maybe get a tear-drop trailer and go exploring and camping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado