Thinking about moving to Colorado? Get in line and fill this out….. (Denver: job market, transfer)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
2) Why do you want to leave = It's too small, there's no place decent to ski, the job market sucks, and there's just not much going on for twentysomethings who aren't grad students. I'm super bored with the midwest, and there's not enough sun.
3) Where In Colorado and Why = A hip urban neighborhood in Denver? (maybe y'all can help me out with that one) or possibly Boulder. Possibly. Why? I lived in Morrison as a kid and have always wanted to go back. ANd short of the Ocean, I think Colorado has everything I want.
4) 2nd and 3rd Place States = not really states so much as cities. I really like Minneapolis too, but it's still in the Midwest, and there's nowhere else in MN I'd want to go.
5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = I have no money to pay for a move, and would need a job right away. So I'm trying to maybe find a job from here, or figure out a way to save enough to go.
6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? = I've got friends and extended family all over CO, so I'd have people to crash with while I figured things out. I just need a little help with some job leads.
Hey i noticed that you are from WI... There are many places to SKI over there... I am in Woodstock not that far from you... and theres the following in your area....
Welcome to Devils Head Resort
Wisconson Dells <--------------- Biggest indoor and outdoor water park in the WORLD... this place makes Disney land look like a local park in some random town.. WI does have alot to offer and its very hilly up there, you can mistake some of those hills for mini to mid sized- mountains.... But i hear you about the whole mid-west thing... i hate it here too...Chicago just does not do it for me.... I dont find anything good...
You cannot get bears tickets they are sold out even before football season starts...
Traffic is a nightmare by Ohare and if you are brave to drive to downtown well good luck GOD bless you on that one.. i was stuck one day in traffic near ohare for about 2 hrs... i was on my way to brookfield zoo.. took me 4 hrs to get there from Woodstock.. that should only take 1 1/2 hrs tops.....
Gas prices rival San Fran.. prices here.. I swear i think we lead the nation when it comes to Gas prices....I love the Winters here though i love the -5 winters and frozen sold trees... It's so cold here your urine freezes in your bladder....... I love the cold and hope to continue to enjoy it in Colorado...
Yeah, I've skiied Devil's Head, Cascade, and Tyrol... They just suck compared to actual skiing on mountains. With powder. And sun.
Especially because it's still pretty expensive... it's just not worth the cost to me to ski around here. The first time I went skiing in WI I asked for a trail map. The response was "we have 4 trails. Pick one." And I LOVE the brochure for Devil's Head boasting a "700 foot vertical drop!" whoo.
I'm spoiled getting to ski Winter Park every year during prime spring skiing conditions.
2) Why do you want to leave = Sick and tired of the rain, have family that lives in Dillon, too much rain in Vancouver, better opportunities for my family long term, year round activities, cheaper cost of living, have I mentioned the rain?
3) Where In Colorado and Why = Colorado Springs, District 12 - close to employment,it's a good school district and affordable.
4) 2nd and 3rd Place States = Not thought about it much, maybe Arizona....
5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = Immigration - have been waiting over 7 years for family sponsored visa to process
6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? = not yet...
1) Springfield, Missouri
2) Because I'm always gone anyway, I work as a Project Superintendent on commercial retail jobs. Springfield is not a city with a lot of commercial growth, and the housing market is dead.
3) I thought around the area of Denver as the possibilities are better for a person who is tired of traveling out of state to work.
4) Seattle, WA. I've worked there and is a nice place, or Arizona
5) I guess getting my house sold or rent it out, I'm wanting to find a home that I can work on and the location, I really dont like the thought of living in the city, so something in the hills that is a fixer-upper would be great, maybe even trade my house and 20 acres for.
6) I love the outdoors, and do want to stay home instead of travel, so with the above mentioned, is there anything that you can tell me, that I dont know.
2) Why do you want to leave = I moved out here temporarily with my girlfriend while she is finishing up her last semester of undergrad. Now we're looking to move at the end of the summer (when our lease expires here).
3) Where In Colorado and Why = Boulder, or Boulder area
4) 2nd and 3rd Place States = Maybe northern central california....but we're pretty sure CO is the place for us.
5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = Just waiting for the lease on our place to run out. It's kind of expensive to break it early
6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? = What's the job market and cost of living in the Boulder area compared to New England? Anyone who has some helpful info, please let me know! Thanks
I used to live in Groton and now live in Boulder so I have some answers for the questions you are asking. Boulder is way more expensive than Leominster. That's it. There are surrounding areas like Longmont, Lafayette, and Erie that are less expensive than Boulder, but will still be more expensive than where you are. As for jobs, look on craigslist.org.
2) Why do you want to leave = It's hot. Too crowded. Too many illegals. It's in the middle of the desert. Everything is brown or pink - no green. Getting ridiculously overpriced to live here. The people are rude and inconsiderate. Did I mention it's HOT?
3) Where In Colorado and Why = Longmont or somewhere in the vicinity. Mainly because it's a smaller city, but still has some of the amenities of a bigger city, like shopping, etc. Oh, and there's where my job is, lol. I'm being relocated
4) 2nd and 3rd Place States = Washington state, Wisconsin maybe? Not that it matters, since I'm definitely moving to CO.
5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = Nothing. Just waiting. Should be moving in April or May of this year. Gotta get our ducks in line first.
6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? = You might not know this, but it's pretty darn HOT in Phoenix
2) Why do you want to leave = To get out of the midwest
3) Where In Colorado and Why = Denver or Boulder areas...I want mountains, close proximity to skiing, lots of sunshine, and local coffee shops and entertainment, and also there are a lot of jobs in my field in the Denver area
4) 2nd and 3rd Place States = Oregon, North Carolina
5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = Finishing grad school and fiance's job/determining whether he will go for his MBA and where
6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? = I am so sick and tired of the boring midwest, I love being in Colorado and really hope I will be able to move there at some point
2) Why do you want to leave = I was born and raised in this small town and it has always been a dream of mine to leave the state and experience new things while I am young and single. Michigan has a really bad economy right now. Jobs are not prevelent.
3) Where In Colorado and Why =I am looking at Denver, CO. I am from a small town and have always wanted to live in a bigger city. I feel that I have lived a rather sheltered life thus far and would love the chance to experience all the great things Denver has to offer.
4) 2nd and 3rd Place States =Charlotte, NC or Chicago, IL
5) What’s currently holding you back from moving =Just waiting to graduate in June and then I will make my move. I currently have three interviews lined up for the end of the month in Denver, CO. So I hope to get a job offer from one of those. =) keeping my fingers crossed.
6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? = I am so excited to start my life in a new state and I have heard so many nice things from all kinds of people (not just on here) about Colorado. I am a 22 year old, single, female that cant wait to spread her wings!!!!!!! FINALLY!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $53,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.
Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.