Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 02:22 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,034,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikt View Post
Ugh. Is it too late to repeal this law? I don't think this is what any of the people who voted for it had in mind?
Nope, but its a great addition. MJ tourism will give our traditional tourism a much needed boost!

I wouldn't worry about the hotel smoking policies. Use the window or vents generously and be a clean smoker. Like most things in life, use common sense and it will help you deal with the policies that were made for people who had no common sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2014, 04:46 PM

17,706 posts, read 29,800,391 times
Oh, like wow.
Is it Labor Day already?

Old 08-27-2014, 07:51 AM

67 posts, read 136,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakscsd View Post

I wouldn't worry about the hotel smoking policies. Use the window or vents generously and be a clean smoker. Like most things in life, use common sense and it will help you deal with the policies that were made for people who had no common sense.
So you're the one who smoked in my non-smoking room forcing me to schlep luggage and kids back the front desk and get a new room. Thanks. You cannot hide the smell.

Old 08-27-2014, 08:51 AM

387 posts, read 637,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakscsd View Post
Many hotels now have clauses that if there is reason to suspect smoking in a non-smoking room, they will charge additional cleaning fees, generally in the neighborhood of $200. And, Colorado weed is pungent. It does have a very strong aroma, and it will linger. If the hotel has such a policy in place, you'll get hit for the fee after checking out of your room; it'll be charged after the room is cleaned.

I'm not telling you what you should and should not do, but you'll have to do your own risk assessment as to whether flouting hotel policy is worth it financially.

Old 08-27-2014, 02:34 PM

2,140 posts, read 6,467,213 times
Quote:
Ugh. Is it too late to repeal this law? I don't think this is what any of the people who voted for it had in mind?
This is exactly what we had in mind.

Old 08-30-2014, 08:20 AM

235 posts, read 755,683 times
Don't be foolish and pay a guide to do nothing for you, just go downtown/CAP hill/ Golden triangle/Broadway Baker area. Check weedmaps, weed maps will do more for you than the guy charging $75... And it is free. Anything Weed related will be at a mark up, just go to a normal hotel/motel, get pick up some, there isn't any public places to smoke really anyway they all been shut down.

Old 08-30-2014, 12:07 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,694,910 times
Quote:
I use to think the same, but as long as they're not coming here and ruining the city, it's fine. The Economy is benefiting!

Old 08-31-2014, 02:44 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,612,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
I use to think the same, but as long as they're not coming here and ruining the city, it's fine. The Economy is benefiting!
Pizza delivery business is way up.

Old 08-31-2014, 04:05 PM

26,208 posts, read 49,017,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Pizza delivery business is way up.
My King Soopers ran out of Doritos!?
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-12-2015, 09:18 AM

1,261 posts, read 692,686 times
Default Tourism and marijuana

I've been watching and tracking Colorado and a year later, how is it going with legal marijuana. I think its great even though I'm not really a smoker. I plan to ski there this winter.

Can one smoke on the street? are there bars for this sort of thing? Can one smoke in your hotel room?

How closely is this being monitored. Granted, I have read where this isnt Amsterdam....

Any insight is welcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado