U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2008, 11:24 AM

5 posts, read 16,877 times

Advertisements

I'm considering moving to either the Greeley area or Sterling area but need to find a good Human Sciences or Nursing School in those area's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2008, 01:48 PM

423 posts, read 1,801,713 times
There are several schools in the Greeley area that offer nursing programs. Two that stand out are University of Northern Colorado (This nursing program accepts you based on grades.) and Front range community college in Fort Collins(This is an associates program and it accepts you based on a waiting list) You may even look into Cheyenne, I hear they have a nursing program that has a little shorter waiting list.

Old 01-07-2008, 02:40 PM

5 posts, read 16,877 times
Thank-you I will look into all of them. You've been a great help.

Old 01-21-2008, 11:21 AM

86,996 posts, read 102,568,112 times
I believe Aims Communtiy College in Sterling has nursing as well. You could probably find this information in a google search.

Old 01-21-2008, 01:12 PM

38 posts, read 130,658 times
All nursing schools in this area are just like the ones everywhere else......2-3 year waitlists. UNC in Greeley is VERY competitive.

Old 01-21-2008, 01:16 PM

86,996 posts, read 102,568,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessame10 View Post
All nursing schools in this area are just like the ones everywhere else......2-3 year waitlists. UNC in Greeley is VERY competitive.
Too true! One of my co-workers just got into CU School of Nursing after a two year wait, and she has a bachelors's degree in sociology. At CU, instead of a wait list, you just keep re-applying, according to her. Front Range in Boulder would only offer the LPN program (also after a two yr wait), then go on another wait list for the RN program.

Old 01-21-2008, 04:57 PM

3,296 posts, read 8,445,026 times
I don't know what it is like now, but my husband went to nursing school (BSN) at Mesa State in Grand Junction five years ago. He had no problem getting in. Of course, he already had a B.S. degree in Science. The program at Mesa was the cheapest in the state for a BSN, and has the best student/instructor ratio.

Old 01-26-2008, 02:03 PM

2 posts, read 8,958 times
Smile I will be moving to Colorado and need some advice

I am planning on moving to Colorado this summer in July, so I can finnish up my undergraduates for pharmacy school. I will need one and a half more years of undergraduates at a community college and I know there are many choices for that, but I need to know of a town where I can live that is closer to the mountains but only about an hour from the university of pharmacy school. I would rather not live in the city, and need to have good place where jobs are well paid and the living is nice. I would also like to be where I can rent a house that is in good condition with a garage. please let me know if you have any suggestions.
thanks for your help

Last edited by amandastilson; 01-26-2008 at 03:27 PM.. Reason: needed to add and edit a few things
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado