U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 03:30 PM

1,394 posts, read 3,922,564 times

Advertisements

Where are the towns of Rye, and San Isabel located? I checked the map and couldn't find them. I plan on sending my child to public school, I don't think I am smart enough to teach her myself. LOL
This three bedroom you were saying was in the town of Rye, is there any information you could send me on it? We don't need jobs, just would like a nice place to live out the rest of our lives at. I like the sound of being by a creek, sounds cozy. If you find or see anything else please let us know. Thank you!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Colorado City, Rye, San Isabel. Colorado City is kind of pricey now compared to Pueblo but still a good bit cheaper than anywhere from Fort Collins to Colorado Springs.

There was a 3 bedroom home for sale in Rye right on the creek for under 100K! Not a bad commute to a town that doesn't have many jobs (Pueblo) but you can always try. If you live in Rye or San Isabel, you might want to have a Toyota Landcruiser or something like that.

I think- they have good schooling there too. I can't remember if you were the one interested in self-schooling.

Anyway, just my experience and opinion.

PS: What is the Fountain/Ft Carson/Widefield area like in terms of pricing, etc.?

Old 12-07-2006, 04:02 PM

14,498 posts, read 22,347,982 times
[moderator cut]

Rye is a few miles up the road (Hwy 165) from Colorado City and San Isabel is further up from Rye. Rye and Colorado City are nestled at the foothills of the Wet Mountains or Greenhorn Mountain. San Isabel is well into the mountains.

Colorado City is about 30 minutes from Pueblo, 1 hour from Colorado Springs and about 2 and a half hours from Denver.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 12-07-2006 at 06:13 PM.. Reason: No realtor advertising.

Old 12-07-2006, 09:45 PM

How does that house look in the town of Rye? Is the weather more worse in the winter? I would like to be more west of the interstate then east. I guess may have to look into smaller towns. I didn't find much for the town of San Isable on the internet?
I found more on the town of Rye. If you think of anything else let me know. Thanks!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
[moderator cut]

Rye is a few miles up the road (Hwy 165) from Colorado City and San Isabel is further up from Rye. Rye and Colorado City are nestled at the foothills of the Wet Mountains or Greenhorn Mountain. San Isabel is well into the mountains.

Colorado City is about 30 minutes from Pueblo, 1 hour from Colorado Springs and about 2 and a half hours from Denver.

Old 12-08-2006, 10:40 AM

14,498 posts, read 22,347,982 times
My recommendation for a realtor got edited out. Oops. I guess I can't do that. Look up a realtor with the initials JH. How's that? The house could best be described by the realtor. I doubt if it is still for sale, but you never know. It's right on the road that takes you to Rye Park. I don't believe it's a modular. It looked like a wood frame house with a footprint of about 1100 to 1200 square feet, I doubt it has a basement, about 1/2 an acre with an unattached garage. If I lived up there, I'd want a fireplace or maybe a pellet stove. The road looks really well maintained and there are no steep hills around there.

Colorado City, Rye, and San Isabel are right off of I-25 going west. Check it out on Google Maps if you can.

Colorado City sits at about 6200 ft, I would guess. Rye is a little higher at about 6750 and San Isabel is at about 7200 to 7500 I think. Rye sit at the base of peak that's about 12,500 ft.

If you're situated just right, you can see Greenhorn Mountain, Pike's Peak, the Spanish Peaks, the Sangre De Cristos and maybe LaVeta pass if you're lucky.

Colorado City is actually getting a new grocery store! How exciting. If you need to do any shopping, you have to go 26 miles north to Pueblo. Civilization really begins at about Mile Marker 140, which would be Colorado Springs. But that's another story.

Colorado City, Rye, and San Isabel combined is about 4000 people now. It was 2000 25 years ago. It will be a while before it gets too big. It probably will never get too big as there just aren't enough resources to support it here.

I went to middle school and high school here and it did pretty well by me. The High School rates "High" by the Colorado department of Education" which is more than other Pueblo County Schools can say right now. As far as I know, the middle and grade schools are right in there or not far behind.

So you've got a good quality education and very competitive sports without having to enroll in a charter school. It's one of those places where the kids can know everybody's first and last name.

I don't believe there are any traffic lights in this area just yet. I consider that a plus.

Old 12-09-2006, 06:43 PM

Hi, Just wondering if a single mom with a 12 year old daughter could make it any where in Colorado, it doesn't make a difference if it is a small town or not.
I guess my husband was talking about divorce to our daughter when I was out today, so just would like to know if we would do ok in Colorado by our selves? Thanks for any help you can give.

Old 12-09-2006, 07:37 PM

10,189 posts, read 24,878,042 times
Sorry to hear your situation is changing so rapidly. I live in the State just below CO and can only provide some of my experiences.

I wouldn't strongly recommend a woman with a young adolescent living in too small a town, alone, and with little support. I raised my daughter, alone, in a huge City with sufficient emotional and physical support, but without it I know I would have been miserable and not been very good at mothering.

Moving to a strange place at this time may present too many complications and stress.

Perhaps you want to consider all the possibilities and if time and money are available make a trip to CO, look around and make some informed judgment.

Good luck!

Old 12-09-2006, 07:49 PM

Thank you for your support, and you are very right, I guess I threw 22 years of my life away, helped him raise his three boys, and now with our child he wants to throw it all away. I guess his ex and DHS were right when they said his first family would always be first, come first etc.
I kind of look at it in a positive way, it has been a long hard struggle, with all the stress, family problems etc. I don't think anything could be worse then that. I guess I will have to wait and see. I plan on heading out that way, I hope on her spring break, if the weather is ok, if not I will have to wait until June to come out that way. Thank you again for your support and your help.
I might also add, his boys are now the age of 32, 28, and 24 so I guess I did my job huh???
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Sorry to hear your situation is changing so rapidly. I live in the State just below CO and can only provide some of my experiences.

I wouldn't strongly recommend a woman with a young adolescent living in too small a town, alone, and with little support. I raised my daughter, alone, in a huge City with sufficient emotional and physical support, but without it I know I would have been miserable and not been very good at mothering.

Moving to a strange place at this time may present too many complications and stress.

Perhaps you want to consider all the possibilities and if time and money are available make a trip to CO, look around and make some informed judgment.

Good luck!

Old 12-10-2006, 02:30 PM

I guess we talked things over, we will all be moving out there next summer, it is just that we have a lot to get settled before then, I hope by January, things will be looking more in place.
Thank you all for the help, I hope to keep hearing from you. It is nice to hear of areas that don't stand out as much, and that have beautiful scenery. We really like the west of the interstate, but we will also keep in mine the east side also. Thanks again. Merry Christmas everyone!!!!

Old 12-10-2006, 11:37 PM

476 posts, read 2,123,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie_Mom View Post
Hi, Just wondering if a single mom with a 12 year old daughter could make it any where in Colorado, it doesn't make a difference if it is a small town or not.
I guess my husband was talking about divorce to our daughter when I was out today, so just would like to know if we would do ok in Colorado by our selves? Thanks for any help you can give.
Been There Done That! I am a single mom too with a baby daughter, I feel for you. Just take one day at a time. It hurt for months but slowly I got more independent and now I am glad I took that leap and know I can do it. Religion sure does help, at least for me! The thing about your situation is when your kids are the age of your daughter, it is harder for them, just be supportive and open to talks with her and I am sure both of you will be fine. Take care!

Old 12-11-2006, 07:58 AM

Hi, My daughter and I have a very close and open relationship, even if we have to go it alone, I know we can be each others rock. I guess we will see what happens by June, and then take it from there.
Thanks for all the support, and may you all have a Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!!! See you all out there this summer!!!!! June 2007
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or