U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 01:10 PM
Status: "Celebrating 30 years as a Broker" (set 21 days ago)

10,885 posts, read 29,317,265 times

Advertisements

All under $70,000 in Metrolist (MLS)

1. Sub Area:ROYAL MHP City: BYERS
Style:RANCH/ONE-STORY Architecture: Zip:80103
Faces:NORTH Construction:WOOD SIDING,MANUFACTURED Year Built:1968

2. Sub Area:GLENS OF DACONO City: DACONO
Style:MOBILE HOME Architecture: Zip:80514
Faces: Construction:MANUFACTURED Year Built:1979

3. Sub Area:GLENS OF DACONO City: DACONO
Style:RANCH/ONE-STORY Architecture: Zip:80514
Faces: Construction:FRAME Year Built:1995

4. Sub Area:RIVERDALE FARM RESIDENTIAL 1S City: DENVER
Style:BI-LEVEL Architecture: Zip:80229
Faces: Construction:MANUFACTURED Year Built:1982

5. Sub Area:LIMON City:LIMON
Style:RANCH/ONE-STORY Architecture: Zip:80828
Faces: Construction:FRAME Year Built:1949

6. Sub Area:ORIGINAL TOWN OF HILLROSE City:HILLROSE
Style:MOBILE HOME Architecture: Zip:80733
Faces: Construction:FRAME Year Built:1985
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2006, 01:41 PM

1,394 posts, read 3,922,564 times
Thanks, 2bindenver, if anyone has any others, you can put them on here or e-mail them to me at rdtbrandsoy@web-room.net, my daughter wants to live in Colorado really bad, we all love the state, and would'nt want to live else where. We will have all loose ends tied up here by the end of January, and plan on moving when our daughter gets out of school in June.
We wanted to start looking now, because it may take some time to find the right area, and this way we wouldn't have to move fast, and I have all winter to pack. I hope we get more infomation in other areas also in case we can't find anything in these. Thanks everyone for the help. Dorene

Old 11-15-2006, 04:06 PM

95 posts, read 522,430 times
Default realtor.com

this is what I do, once I get interested in an area. I go to www.realtor.com (broken link)
type in all the parameters that I want in a house, like 3 brdm, how many garages, pool...whatever...you are interested in, then I click on the bottom which says add nearby communities...this way you can see as many towns close to where you are looking that are within your price range.
From what I have heard, realtor.com is a few weeks behind the avg. market, especially in an area that sells fast...but it will give you a good idea.
The site is addicting, just like this !

Old 11-15-2006, 05:35 PM

Thanks for the tip, I will give it a try. Have a good night. Dorene

Old 11-15-2006, 06:24 PM

9,165 posts, read 16,570,617 times
If you don't care where in Colorado it is, there are plenty of homes in your price range throughout the northeastern part of the state. I just quickly checked Sterling, Brush, Ault, Julesburg, and Eaton; All of those communities had homes in your price range and less.

Old 11-15-2006, 10:24 PM

Sounds good, I hope they have a few to pick from when it is time to move out your way. It won't be until June of next summer, since my daughter won't get out of school until then.
We hope to check out some of these places during spring break. By then the snow should almost be gone. I just want to say that whom ever lives in the state of Colorado is very lucky to have such a pretty state with so much to see. The mountains are so breath taking, it amazes me everytime we have been there. I hope to be there soon enough, and that the months go by quickly, it is like finding your dream at the end of the rainbow. Thanks, Everyone. Have a great night.

Old 11-15-2006, 11:01 PM

37 posts, read 191,341 times
Housing prices are generally much higher than your range in most of the state. The only places you might have a chance are fairly rural and generally in economic decline. You said that Salida was too isolated. Most places in Colorado outside of the Denver Metro area are fairly isolated...that's part of the appeal. However, Craig, CO has relatively low home prices and doesn't feel as isolated as Salida. You may find some good options there. Denver-Colorado Springs and Grand Junction-Montrose are most likely far too expensive. Trinidad might be another option.

Old 11-15-2006, 11:25 PM

Thanks Trailrunner, it's so nice to get so much help. In what areas would you pick, and why? It would be nice to know about some of the areas if we haven't gotten a chance to visit them yet. If you can think of anything more let me know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrunner1516 View Post
Housing prices are generally much higher than your range in most of the state. The only places you might have a chance are fairly rural and generally in economic decline. You said that Salida was too isolated. Most places in Colorado outside of the Denver Metro area are fairly isolated...that's part of the appeal. However, Craig, CO has relatively low home prices and doesn't feel as isolated as Salida. You may find some good options there. Denver-Colorado Springs and Grand Junction-Montrose are most likely far too expensive. Trinidad might be another option.

Old 11-16-2006, 12:34 AM

37 posts, read 191,341 times
Default Diverse Choices

What kind of weather are you looking for? The weather in Colorado can be very diverse. In Craig, the winters are very cold compared to much of the state, especially for the elevation. If it doesn't feel too isolated, you could also look around at some of the surrounding towns such as Rifle, Meeker, and Rangely. Those smaller towns should have a selection of homes in your price range. Another option, with more of a desert climate, is Cortez. Home values in that area have gone up slightly in the last few years because of the proximity to Durango, but Cortez and the outlying towns such as Mancos have lower-priced homes along with beautiful desert scenery. My father grew up in the area and I love it there. It is close to the Ute and Navajo Indian Reservations, and close to New Mexico, so that strongly influences the local culture.

Old 11-16-2006, 04:27 PM

I hear ya, we don't want it to cold, because my fibromyaliga that I have the cold really bothers my bones, and it is hard to get around when everything hurts.
Is there a happy medium, not to cold and not to warm. Here when it is cold we have the humidity and then it feels like it goes right down into the bones, and you feel like you can never get warm.
I don't mind the snow as long as it don't stay cold for ever. Here once it comes, it stays until spring, and you never get a break. I just hope by the time we are able to move that we get lucky for a change, and find a house, and area that we are going to love.
It's going to be hard enough on just getting our things moved out that way, so it would be nice, to get some order before that time, if you know what I mean. Thanks again for all your help, and maybe some day we can return the favor. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado