U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 12:56 PM

6,895 posts, read 6,475,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
And I know Pueblo is not for everyone. Its a manufacturing town with a southwest flair. If you do not like that kind of city you will not like it here. Why I tell people to visit but its not this bad town some on here make it out to be and we tend to be more progressive on social issues then cities many times our size and I say that as a gay male who has a pit bull. I would not be welcome in many towns even Denver due to my puppy.

I see a lot of "Lab mixes" walking around Denver.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2015, 01:13 PM

14,465 posts, read 22,309,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post

Pueblo is still overrun with guns and gangs
This statement is ignorant.

Gang violence stays pretty much within themselves and there was recently a huge crackdown on this activity here in Pueblo just a week ago. None of this, and I mean none of this has been anywhere near my radar, spare for what I see on the news.

Speaking of news, I watch KOAA 5, KKTV 11, and KRDO 13 out of Colorado Springs, and if it weren't for CoSprings up there, the news would be really boring.

For every murder here in Pueblo, there's about 5 or so murders/rapes/apartment fires/home invasions/bar fights/convenient store or bank robberies/etc. there in CoSprings.

I say CoSprings ought to worry about their own city with its own decrepit infrastructure and stop badmouthing Pueblo County so much.

They got their own subforum too. They got way more "cheerleaders" on this forum than the two or three of us living down here in Pueblo County. I have a lot of good friends down here who don't frequent this forum, but who are nonetheless out there enjoying themselves in Pueblo, Pueblo County, in Beulah like Joss always mentions, and also the Colorado City Rye San Isabel area of the Wet Mountains /Greenhorn Mountain Range, down along the Ark Valley, up the Arkansas towards Cañon City, the Royal Gorge, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
...while Fort Collins has other things like ... and a populace that lives in the 21st century.
Right. I hear ya on that one. We don't have all the Trader Joes and Paneras and Bass Pros and Cabelas they have up the Front Range, being down in the 20th Century down here, we don't know what a 4G nor an LTE is, nor an Amazon nor an eBay.

In fact, it's taking me forever to pound this post out on my 386sx DTK on my 300 baud modem.

Oh wow, someone is sending me a smoke signal up on Ophir Creek.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
Damn, you guys finally got smoke signals? When did the residents of Pueblo figure out how to make fire? Or was it the gods sending you the gift of fire from the sky?
Oh, you want to talk about smoke?

Last edited by McGowdog; 08-24-2015 at 02:40 PM..

Old 08-24-2015, 02:12 PM

918 posts, read 981,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Right. I hear ya on that one. We don't have all the Trader Joes and Paneras and Bass Pros and Cabelas they have up the Front Range, being down in the 20th Century down here, we don't know what a 4G nor an LTE is, nor an Amazon nor an eBay.

In fact, it's taking me forever to pound this post out on my 386sx DTK on my 300 baud modem.

Oh wow, someone is sending me a smoke signal up on Ophir Creek.
Damn, you guys finally got smoke signals? When did the residents of Pueblo figure out how to make fire? Or was it the gods sending you the gift of fire from the sky?

Old 08-25-2015, 08:04 AM

3,037 posts, read 2,063,842 times
Pueblo kind of reminds me of Colorado Springs of the 1970s. I think it has a huge potential to be more in time as it has some great historic industrial areas that should be attracting artistic type by the truck load. It just hasn't happened yet.

While I don't live in Pueblo, I have some friends who do and I can't say I've ever felt uncomfortable or in danger while visiting. I tend to go do things in Pueblo as often as I go do thing in Denver, so it isn't an activity wasteland, but if you expect to find a dozen different brew pubs within six blocks of each other and in walking distance of a major event on any particular weekend, or need an Ikea to complete your urban existence, then you will be disappointed in Pueblo.

When I was last looking for work, I did apply for several posting in the Pueblo area, so it isn't an economic wasteland either, but there are obviously limits to the range of work you will find in a city of 100k vs a city of 1 million+. If the OP wants to limit their search to places under 150k, Pueblo falls in the mix. However, there are probably a lot of other variables they need to consider that we don't know that could have major influence on the decision of where to relocate.

Old 08-25-2015, 10:45 AM

12,173 posts, read 20,935,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
Pueblo kind of reminds me of Colorado Springs of the 1970s. I think it has a huge potential to be more in time as it has some great historic industrial areas that should be attracting artistic type by the truck load. It just hasn't happened yet.
Its funny you posted this because I have been saying this year that Pueblo feel like Colorado Springs back in the early 80's and where Pueblo would have been in the mid 80's had the economic collapse not happened. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next 5 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
While I don't live in Pueblo, I have some friends who do and I can't say I've ever felt uncomfortable or in danger while visiting. I tend to go do things in Pueblo as often as I go do thing in Denver, so it isn't an activity wasteland, but if you expect to find a dozen different brew pubs within six blocks of each other and in walking distance of a major event on any particular weekend, or need an Ikea to complete your urban existence, then you will be disappointed in Pueblo.

When I was last looking for work, I did apply for several posting in the Pueblo area, so it isn't an economic wasteland either, but there are obviously limits to the range of work you will find in a city of 100k vs a city of 1 million+. If the OP wants to limit their search to places under 150k, Pueblo falls in the mix. However, there are probably a lot of other variables they need to consider that we don't know that could have major influence on the decision of where to relocate.
Agree with this.

Old 08-25-2015, 08:36 PM

4,832 posts, read 10,850,831 times
The job would be a sales management trainee at Matress Firm. I did apply for a position in Fort Collins, CO but didnt get an interview for them.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:20 PM

138 posts, read 127,324 times
If you haven't been to Pueblo, you better visit it first. It's a really depressing desert without much to do if you're young. It's cheap for a reason.

Old 08-26-2015, 11:40 AM

12,173 posts, read 20,935,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post
The job would be a sales management trainee at Matress Firm. I did apply for a position in Fort Collins, CO but didnt get an interview for them.
My advise is the same. Visit Pueblo and see if you like. If you think its a city you can live in then just rent a apartment that way if it turns out not to be you can move easier.

Old 08-28-2015, 01:14 PM

4,832 posts, read 10,850,831 times
So I found out I could go for the Fort Collins location. Right now I am leaning towards another job back in CA though. Decisions, decisions.....

Old 08-28-2015, 09:17 PM

3,037 posts, read 2,063,842 times
Oh yea, Cali all the way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or