U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-03-2015, 04:23 PM
 
11 posts, read 13,662 times
Reputation: 14

Advertisements

Hello humanists doing good!

Hike the Fall Colors on Grand Mesa - Humanists Doing Good (Grand Junction, CO) - Meetup

hey I'm drunk and depressed alone in a Grand Junction motel, how may I help you?

This hike will be around several lakes and through aspen and spruce forests. It's called a "pretty easy hike" and we plan to go a round trip distance of about four miles. It's a mostly-flat hike on an easy trail with a few areas of hills and rocks

Yikes! It looks like you replied to a notification from info@meetup.com.
Unfortunately, replies to this email address are routed to an unmonitored
mailbox, and no one will read them.

 
Old 09-03-2015, 04:38 PM
 
11 posts, read 13,662 times
Reputation: 14
https://youtu.be/B-9Q-rNCaOM

I think the real question here is, do I need Grand Junction's help, or does GJ need mine?
 
Old 09-03-2015, 04:59 PM
 
3,660 posts, read 3,950,041 times
Reputation: 2535
If you get your needs met, you could consider being an advocate to help others too.

http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/docu...leHsgGuide.pdf
Couple of housing programs for the disabled in Mesa County mentioned on p.23. Commonworks and LittleBookCliff Apartments. Lots of other phone numbers for disabled housing options, heavily concentrated on front range.

If you'd consider the southwestern corner of state, talk to these folks. http://www.swilc.org/staff-and-board.php
Martha Mason and / or Jason Ragsdale in particular. They are serious about results, respect and real independence.

Happened to see this recently. Camping outside Ruidoso NM this offseason for $250 a month. http://www.ruidoso-rvpark-campground...mpers-special/
You'd have to get tent, sleep bag, be hardy, check into grocery situation (probably 10 mile hitch). But it would be cheap, independent. Just a off the cuff option. Cool at night and surely some cold storms but averages are in the 50s during day even in heart of winter. Some good reviews. Maybe you could work into helping with maintenance. Might be a cabin or RV that could be used for bartered labor. Speculation, could explore if thought appeals. Pretty area. Ruidoso is an interesting, not too small, too not big town fairly nearby.

Pursue leads for immediate needs and look longer term as you can.

Last edited by NW Crow; 09-03-2015 at 05:57 PM..
 
Old 09-03-2015, 05:18 PM
 
Location: Colorado Springs
4,318 posts, read 1,773,068 times
Reputation: 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrius View Post
Hello humanists doing good!

Hike the Fall Colors on Grand Mesa - Humanists Doing Good (Grand Junction, CO) - Meetup

hey I'm drunk and depressed alone in a Grand Junction motel, how may I help you?

This hike will be around several lakes and through aspen and spruce forests. It's called a "pretty easy hike" and we plan to go a round trip distance of about four miles. It's a mostly-flat hike on an easy trail with a few areas of hills and rocks

Yikes! It looks like you replied to a notification from info@meetup.com.
Unfortunately, replies to this email address are routed to an unmonitored
mailbox, and no one will read them.
Nice to know my tax dollars are supporting your drinking habit.
 
Old 09-03-2015, 05:57 PM
 
11 posts, read 13,662 times
Reputation: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Nice to know my tax dollars are supporting your drinking habit.
Nice to know I slaved and worked my ass off 26 years paying into SSA tax to support old white blue haired ******* like my mom, and maybe YOUR mom too?, who never worked a damned day in her life once her job raising kids was done. Nice to know idiots like you don't get anxiety meds and doctor visits are 1000 times more expensive than a bottle of vodka.
 
Old 09-03-2015, 06:06 PM
 
Location: Colorado Springs
4,318 posts, read 1,773,068 times
Reputation: 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrius View Post
Nice to know I slaved and worked my ass off 26 years paying into SSA tax to support old white blue haired ******* like my mom, and maybe YOUR mom too?, who never worked a damned day in her life once her job raising kids was done. Nice to know idiots like you don't get anxiety meds and doctor visits are 1000 times more expensive than a bottle of vodka.
I think it was a mistake for social security to give you control of your cash.
 
Old 09-03-2015, 06:16 PM
 
11 posts, read 13,662 times
Reputation: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
I think it was a mistake for social security to give you control of your cash.
You're absolutely right. Just like it's a mistake for city-data to allow you to voice your half-baked opinions, or for me to drive 80.000 pound trucks on American roads. And yet it happens....
 
Old 09-03-2015, 08:28 PM
 
Location: The Berk in Denver, CO USA
13,924 posts, read 20,122,306 times
Reputation: 22496
I think we are being trolled.
 
Old 09-03-2015, 08:37 PM
 
Location: DFW - Coppell / Las Colinas
31,661 posts, read 36,321,816 times
Reputation: 37957
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
I think we are being trolled.
Absolutely!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top