Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 05:17 PM

210 posts, read 305,224 times

Advertisements

I know it sounds foolish and selfish, and before you go in complain about me trying to scoff your taxes let me tell you this, I'm coming to this state to make a life for myself that I couldn't back at home next to Boston. Rich yuppies are taking over the economy down here and me and my mom are struggling to get by. I have trouble finding a job due my lack of connections, drivers license, and I have reason to believe that my race and gender play a significant role as well due to the strong liberal movement around here. I'm 23, have no degree and some minor experience in a handful of jobs as well as 2 and a half years experience in the Security business. I've been unemployed for months, bankrupt, in debt, and can't find a job despite all the job applications I've been putting in. I've had it with this crap, I'm sick of getting the short end of the stick in life, its time that I made one for my own. It feels like the state of Massachusetts is walking all over me and pinning me down and that cash is controlling my life. The rude selfish resident's don't help either. I can't even trust a lot of the close people in my life. I heard that Colorado has much better people and an economy, however I was disappointed to find that prices were the same as the Greater Boston area. I really need to know of a program or group home that will take me in and help me get settled in. If there are no "magical" programs like that than keep your rude comments yourself and save the space for someone with a better idea to come on in and help me out or at least give me advice.

Old 09-07-2015, 05:20 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,473,067 times
Might I suggest L.A. instead?

Old 09-07-2015, 05:21 PM

Lol Are you pulling my tail by looking through my older post? Or are you genuinely suggesting it to me?

Old 09-07-2015, 05:36 PM

Question Moving to Colorado with little to nothing. Need programs or services that'll help me get on my 2 feet.

I know it sounds foolish and selfish, and before you go in complain about me trying to scoff your taxes let me tell you this, I'm coming to this state to make a life for myself that I couldn't back at home next to Boston. Rich yuppies are taking over the economy down here and me and my mom are struggling to get by. I have trouble finding a job due my lack of connections, drivers license, and I have reason to believe that my race and gender play a significant role as well due to the strong liberal movement around here. I'm 23, have no degree and some minor experience in a handful of jobs as well as 2 and a half years experience in the Security business. I've been unemployed for months, bankrupt, in debt, and can't find a job despite all the job applications I've been putting in. I've had it with this crap, I'm sick of getting the short end of the stick in life, its time that I made one for my own. It feels like the state of Massachusetts is walking all over me and pinning me down and that cash is controlling my life. The rude selfish resident's don't help either. I can't even trust a lot of the close people in my life. I heard that Colorado has much better people and an economy, however I was disappointed to find that prices were the same as the Greater Boston area. I really need to know of a program or group home that will take me in and help me get settled in. If there are no "magical" programs like that than keep your rude comments yourself and save the space for someone with a better idea to come on in and help me out or at least give me advice.

Old 09-07-2015, 06:15 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,553,512 times
Haven't you heard? Denver is liberal yuppie Mecca. Try Wyoming,.....Wait, no rich liberals, no free services to help you get on your feet. Irony much?

Old 09-07-2015, 06:20 PM

Hey listen here buddy, I have no problems with liberals other than the fact that they berate white men and white people in general. I thought I specifically mentioned that rude comments weren't welcome? But I guess that's expected on a public forum.....As for the "free" services, I obviously know its not free, but if it'll help me succeed in life than its worth every penny that the tax payers paid.

Old 09-07-2015, 06:23 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,450,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontworryboutit View Post
So....your down and out situation is due to your lack of connections, or a DL and race and gender, but nothing to do with your lack of education and sporadic employment?

Moving here will not change any of those things.

Old 09-07-2015, 06:26 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,930,240 times
I know this isn't what you want to hear, but Denver is run by rich liberal yuppies, AND it is incredibly difficult to get any kind of social services in Colorado. It is sink or swim out here, there's more opportunity to swim though.

Ironically, I moved out here at the age of 23, with no degree, no job prospects, and about $40K in debt.

I chose to not sink.

Old 09-07-2015, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
So....your down and out situation is due to your lack of connections, or a DL and race and gender, but nothing to do with your lack of education and sporadic employment?

Moving here will not change any of those things.
Obviously I know that, but what am I going to do about those two things? They're not gonna get fixed on there own. My living situation makes those issues worse, at least in Colorado people are more understanding. Also I thought I specifically asked for an answer to a question? Not more people telling me that I should stay in Massachusetts. Christ you people are as worse as the LA board. Instead of suggesting to me a group home or some kind of affordable institution/housing area you have to just hide it and try and scare me away from the situation but by being snobby about it. Just answer my question. That's all I asked.

Old 09-07-2015, 06:34 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,553,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontworryboutit View Post
As for the "free" services, I obviously know its not free, but if it'll help me succeed in life than its worth every penny that the tax payers paid.
Not sure a more liberal statement has ever been written.

Stop being a victim.

Denver is incredibly liberal and very expensive. Rents are at all time highs and vacancies at all time lows. Move to Cheyenne or Boise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado