U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 06:36 PM

21,843 posts, read 23,073,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontworryboutit View Post
Obviously I know that, but what am I going to do about those two things? They're not gonna get fixed on there own. My living situation makes those issues worse, at least in Colorado people are more understanding. Also I thought I specifically asked for an answer to a question? Not more people telling me that I should stay in Massachusetts. Christ you people are as worse as the LA board. Instead of suggesting to me a group home or some kind of affordable institution/housing area you have to just hide it and try and scare me away from the situation but by being snobby about it. Just answer my question. That's all I asked.
You will need a DL. You need a plan that is more than being supported by others while you wait for a job to fall in your lap. All you've done in your post is list your negative traits and then complain that your misfortune is the fault of others. That kind of attitude won't make it here any more than there. Sorry if that isn't what you wanted to hear.

Old 09-07-2015, 06:39 PM

13,227 posts, read 24,320,982 times
Quote:
Obviously I know that, but what am I going to do about those two things? They're not gonna get fixed on there own. My living situation makes those issues worse, at least in Colorado people are more understanding. Also I thought I specifically asked for an answer to a question? Not more people telling me that I should stay in Massachusetts. Christ you people are as worse as the LA board. Instead of suggesting to me a group home or some kind of affordable institution/housing area you have to just hide it and try and scare me away from the situation but by being snobby about it. Just answer my question. That's all I asked.
What gives you the idea that people here are more understanding?

No one is telling you to stay in MA. Moving to Denver is nearly as unreasonable as moving to LA.

Have you considered a commune?

Old 09-07-2015, 06:41 PM

210 posts, read 243,247 times
Waiting for a job? I thought there were programs there that helped you find employment? Also I aint acting like a victim I want to enjoy my life to the fullest but I can't here. I'm not listing any negative traits either I'm being honest. There's nothing wrong with being without a DL and a degree. I figured Colorado wouldn't pull this crap on me but if Cheyenne and Boise are better for me work wise and financially wise than I'll go there, but I still need help getting up on my own.

Old 09-07-2015, 06:46 PM

6,904 posts, read 6,499,225 times
Quote:
Waiting for a job? I thought there were programs there that helped you find employment? Also I aint acting like a victim I want to enjoy my life to the fullest but I can't here. I'm not listing any negative traits either I'm being honest. There's nothing wrong with being without a DL and a degree. I figured Colorado wouldn't pull this crap on me but if Cheyenne and Boise are better for me work wise and financially wise than I'll go there, but I still need help getting up on my own.
I agree people need help getting started sometimes and I believe they should get it. The problem with picking Denver right now is that it's not a cheap place to get started. We are struggling with high rents and low vacancies. There is work and we need workers, but many are having trouble justifying the cost of living.

That said, it's a great place to live. Just not sure I would recommend it to someone who gripes about liberals and yuppies. We have lots and lots of both. I'm personally guilty on both fronts.

Why have you identified Denver as a place you'd like to try to start over? What appeals to you here?

Old 09-07-2015, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Bankruptcy, lack of direction, blaming race, gender, liberals and lack of connections for your situations are all negatives.

That chip on your shoulder, no education or training, and a lack of dependable transportation are hindering you.

No DL in Wyoming? No bueno.

Old 09-07-2015, 06:51 PM

13,675 posts, read 13,493,126 times
Millennials...

Old 09-07-2015, 06:52 PM

4,324 posts, read 1,788,290 times
Why Colorado? If money is tight there are lots of cheaper states like Mississippi. Colorado is overrun with yuppies as well an its getting expensive its a tough state to start over in.

Old 09-07-2015, 06:59 PM

210 posts, read 243,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
I agree people need help getting started sometimes and I believe they should get it. The problem with picking Denver right now is that it's not a cheap place to get started. We are struggling with high rents and low vacancies. There is work and we need workers, but many are having trouble justifying the cost of living.

That said, it's a great place to live. Just not sure I would recommend it to someone who gripes about liberals and yuppies. We have lots and lots of both. I'm personally guilty on both fronts.

Why have you identified Denver as a place you'd like to try to start over? What appeals to you here?
Okay great, now that's an answer I can actually comprehend and understand. Like legit that's all I ask is that I get reasonable answers on here rather than insults. It doesn't have to be Denver but seeing as its the capital I figured it'd be a good place to start. Now what interests me out in the Denver(as well as the state of Colorado) area? Well there's the great outdoors, I hear your tap water is natural, but I mostly want to get involved with the Legal Cannabis Industry and eventually become a cultivator myself. Weed out here in Massachusetts sucks and is expensive, I might just quit drinking forever so I need to go to where my real calling is. I just gave up on my self studying of animals since that industry was so hard to break into so that I could focus on plants. I love biology and always wanted to work with some type of living organism. I screwed up at Bunker Hill and now I want to go to another CC but all the ones around Boston that you can commute to are complete and utter trash in terms of administration. I don't have the time to wait entire semesters for mandatory classes just because they were filled up on the first day. "First Come, First Serve" Yah screw that, I want a school that actually cares about me graduating and not a financial/time trap. There's always Oregon and Washington but I can be a natural outdoorsman type sometimes but I can choose to be reclusive at time and chill on the computer or play video games. I also heard there was a great tech scene as well. Maybe I can get a computer job if I can't make it as a cultivator. I didn't mention the pot stuff at first because than I would have REALLY had it with you angry posters.

Old 09-07-2015, 07:00 PM

13,949 posts, read 20,201,871 times
Dear OP,
Please stay in MA.
Thank you,
Dave

Old 09-07-2015, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Okay great, now that's an answer I can actually comprehend and understand. Like legit that's all I ask is that I get reasonable answers on here rather than insults. It doesn't have to be Denver but seeing as its the capital I figured it'd be a good place to start. Now what interests me out in the Denver(as well as the state of Colorado) area? Well there's the great outdoors, I hear your tap water is natural, but I mostly want to get involved with the Legal Cannabis Industry and eventually become a cultivator myself. Weed out here in Massachusetts sucks and is expensive, I might just quit drinking forever so I need to go to where my real calling is. I just gave up on my self studying of animals since that industry was so hard to break into so that I could focus on plants. I love biology and always wanted to work with some type of living organism. I screwed up at Bunker Hill and now I want to go to another CC but all the ones around Boston that you can commute to are complete and utter trash in terms of administration. I don't have the time to wait entire semesters for mandatory classes just because they were filled up on the first day. "First Come, First Serve" Yah screw that, I want a school that actually cares about me graduating and not a financial/time trap. There's always Oregon and Washington but I can be a natural outdoorsman type sometimes but I can choose to be reclusive at time and chill on the computer or play video games. I also heard there was a great tech scene as well. Maybe I can get a computer job if I can't make it as a cultivator. I didn't mention the pot stuff at first because than I would have REALLY had it with you angry posters.
And it becomes more clear.

More blaming others..

WTH is "self study of animals"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or