U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 09:55 AM

4,321 posts, read 1,783,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunderpig2 View Post
This country is great in supporting people "doing what they want" as long as they are supporting themselves and are not a burden on society. Once you expect society to take care of you, all bets are off. Everyone who could support themself - but doesn't - is drag on society. And saying I got stuck in a tricky situation" is just a feeble excuse. People since the beginning of time have gotten into troubled situations, but they correct them, learn from them, and move on.

Some states are more okay with that lazy, low-aiming approach to life, but CO is definitely not one of them. Even people who work hard and "do everything right" still often face an uphill battle here.
Well said Colorado is a tough state to make it in, but with the challenge comes greatness. Coloradans are among the toughest in the US.

Old 09-08-2015, 10:34 AM

210 posts, read 243,079 times
Edit: Ya know what, I'll take that back, that was kinda cruel but you people should know that ignorance will get nowhere in life. This world needs to take care of its people properly.

Old 09-08-2015, 10:44 AM

898 posts, read 986,984 times
OP - I am not being snarky, not being mean when I say that I truly and honestly think that you are better off in the NE or in a state like California.

True, there is no legal marijuana in either but they are so-called "nanny states" with TONS of programs to help people who cannot get employment.

We have a ton of homeless people here in CO and there simply isn't enough social services to help them. You don't want to end up homeless in CO - it gets downright brutal in the winters at night and there is too much competition when it comes to shelters , soup kitchens, etc.

As for breaking into the MJ industry - you're too late man. The industry is oversaturated as it is - people with bio degrees are growing, not hobbie growers. People compete for low paying budtenders jobs. In short, I truly and honestly feel like it would be a mistake to move here.

I know you feel like you are between a rock and a hard place but CO, Washington, and Oregon are not the answer - you will have less social welfare and a much harder time. You cannot "walk" down to CA anymore than you can "walk" down to NYC - you'll need to come up with money for a COL that, while not on Boston levels, is steadily increasing. People with decent paying jobs are getting priced out of Denver - you will likely just end up on the streets. The rest of CO is beautiful but lacking in jobs.

Not trying to be mean at all, trying to help.

Old 09-08-2015, 10:49 AM

I know man, you guys are just trying to tell me the truth, but the fact of the matter is I can't take this anymore, I swear I'm going to snap. But I'm not going to, I'm stronger than that and I can't let my ego get the best of me like I did earlier. I also do want a Biology Degree and do know a lot about marijuana and its history, how its grown, all the different strains and mixes and such. I screwed up at BHCC, got in debt because I had to work since I needed the money, and now I have to try again at another CC that's not BHCC.

Old 09-08-2015, 10:50 AM

898 posts, read 986,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontworryboutit View Post
I know man, you guys are just trying to tell me the truth, but the fact of the matter is I can't take this anymore, I swear I'm going to snap. But I'm not going to, I'm stronger than that and I can't let my ego get the best of me like I did earlier. I also do want a Biology Degree and do know a lot about marijuana and its history, how its grown, all the different strains and mixes and such. I screwed up at BHCC, got in debt because I had to work since I needed the money, and now I have to try again at another CC that's not BHCC.
it's a tough world we live in man, I myself will be paying back my student loans for the next 25 years. It is what it is, just grind it out day in and day out.

Old 09-08-2015, 10:51 AM

I can't grind it out if no one gives me a chance.

Old 09-08-2015, 11:18 AM

16,722 posts, read 14,601,870 times
Quote:
I can't grind it out if no one gives me a chance.
How is anybody going to give you a chance if you can't pass a drug test?

Old 09-08-2015, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I only smoke marijuana, its a plant and it helps me get by in life. I quit for the week to pass a drug test and now I'm miserable. Weed is good for you, its natural and relaxes you preventing you from making bad decisions.

Old 09-08-2015, 11:39 AM

650 posts, read 563,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
OP, Convextech makes a good point. Be advised that Colorado Supreme Court recently upheld federal law on this issue. You could always take up jogging.

Colorado Supreme Court: Employers can fire for off-duty pot use - The Denver Post

Old 09-08-2015, 11:39 AM

16,722 posts, read 14,601,870 times
Quote:
preventing you from making bad decisions.
And yet somehow, you are here, ready to beg off the government. Yes, great decision-making there Bud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or