U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 02:18 PM

92 posts, read 75,310 times

Advertisements

From my understanding this would be Colorado only, cover anyone in Colorado, whether they are paying taxes or not (Must file an income tax return) and would pretty much make Colorado a single payer system. Would still have veterans and medicare/medicaid payments. I belive they already have their signatures and it will appear on the Nov 2016 ballot.

My concerns:
How are co-payment amounts decided

How is it decided what treatments are covered (Chiro, stem cell, holistic, etc etc etc)

Exempt from TABOR. It does say that the voting members would have to approve a premium increase, but what happens in the situation where costs are much higher than premium and copay revenues and ColoradoCares is providing a lower level of service than the ACA.

All income is taxed. So if you have non-payroll income such as capital gains, dividends, rental income, etc. there ill be a 10% tax on that income minus a deduction for the taxes paid.

Provides further incentive for people paid in cash to hide income.

I'm mostly interested what big business in Colorado's opinion on it will be. Whether when they run the numbers it will save them money and make Colorado more attractive as the proponents say it will, or if their view is drastically different.

Here's some info from one of the groups promoting it:
ColoradoCareYES.co
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2015, 04:36 PM

12,170 posts, read 20,923,155 times
This is the first I heard of it. If it actually gets on the ballot I would study it a lot more but I think its too late for this year anyway.

Old 09-16-2015, 08:32 PM

92 posts, read 75,310 times
It will be on the Nov 2016 ballot I believe.

Old 09-17-2015, 07:54 AM

531 posts, read 909,583 times
This is a good summary: http://coloradocareyes.co/wp-content...ve_Summary.pdf

Old 09-17-2015, 07:57 AM

11,022 posts, read 12,358,036 times
MORE taxes? No thank you.

Old 09-17-2015, 09:08 AM

990 posts, read 1,665,340 times
While I'm no fan of militarized healthcare, I think that it's great that Colorado, or any other state, would try to do this... and leave the other states out of it.

Obamacare not only isn't working, but it's a one-size-fits-all gaggle that no state would have enacted on their own.

Massachusetts? Sure, they did Romneycare and it's popular opinion that it's the same thing. Not really. First, MA's plan is less than 50 pages and didn't give a single bureaucrat in MA power to change the law without legislative approval. And if Romneycare doesn't pan out and needs changes, it a. doesn't affect any other states, and b. can be changed with a vote in MA and MA only, which leaves the citizens of MA with more power to change it.

The only thing I would caution is that whenever these states try doing their own version, the ACA generally screws them out of choices and they end up bankrupting the program. Maybe CO can start taxing gasoline at $2 a gallon to make it up...

Old 09-17-2015, 01:30 PM

12,170 posts, read 20,923,155 times
First they need to get the signatures to even get on the ballot. Let's see if they do that.

Old 09-17-2015, 01:42 PM

1,243 posts, read 914,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkbill View Post
From my understanding this would be Colorado only, cover anyone in Colorado, whether they are paying taxes or not (Must file an income tax return) and would pretty much make Colorado a single payer system. Would still have veterans and medicare/medicaid payments. I belive they already have their signatures and it will appear on the Nov 2016 ballot.

My concerns:
How are co-payment amounts decided

How is it decided what treatments are covered (Chiro, stem cell, holistic, etc etc etc)

Exempt from TABOR. It does say that the voting members would have to approve a premium increase, but what happens in the situation where costs are much higher than premium and copay revenues and ColoradoCares is providing a lower level of service than the ACA.

All income is taxed. So if you have non-payroll income such as capital gains, dividends, rental income, etc. there ill be a 10% tax on that income minus a deduction for the taxes paid.

Provides further incentive for people paid in cash to hide income.

I'm mostly interested what big business in Colorado's opinion on it will be. Whether when they run the numbers it will save them money and make Colorado more attractive as the proponents say it will, or if their view is drastically different.

Here's some info from one of the groups promoting it:
ColoradoCareYES.co
Deal breaker right there.

This state gets dumber everyday.

Old 09-17-2015, 02:10 PM

531 posts, read 909,583 times
I would like to have it put on the ballot, if nothing more than to start discussing ways we can fix some of the health care issues at a state level.

Old 09-17-2015, 02:19 PM

1,243 posts, read 914,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechMike View Post
I would like to have it put on the ballot, if nothing more than to start discussing ways we can fix some of the health care issues at a state level.
I thought Obama fixed them with the ACA?

I see this as another plow to buy more liberal votes. So I have a good job with benefits, I pay roughly $200/mo for my families health care. Say this passes, I still pay my companies bill and I have to pay the CO health care though a massive tax increase. I'm sure I have the choice to opt out of my companies coverage for the state, but no freakin way!

Things like this **** me off. My wife has family members that made terrible life choices and have no way of supporting themselves. Measures like this are just more reward for bad behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or