U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 09:25 AM

397 posts, read 588,689 times

Advertisements

Yes, there are numerous Park 'n' Ride lots throughout Evergreen, Conifer, Pine, and Morrison. The buses are reliable.

An AWD car to commute is a very good idea, but a FWD with good snow tires should work fine for everyday in-town driving in Evergreen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 04:18 PM

990 posts, read 1,673,124 times
Evergreen is a very nice and clean community. However Kittridge and Indian Hills are more rural although from Indian Hills you can be in Morrison quickly. A good friend lives off of Parmalee Gulch there and he can be to Home Depot, Target, etc. in about 12-15 minutes.

Any of those towns will be a huge improvement over MPLS.

Old 09-24-2015, 04:21 PM

990 posts, read 1,673,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_CO View Post

PS: I have considered moving to MN to be close to the lakes!
Not that we need any more people here but western MT and North Idaho have tons of lakes, plus mountains, but without the mosquitos and humidity!

Old 09-24-2015, 08:20 PM

650 posts, read 564,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livethedream3 View Post
That said, CCC is more rugged and rural than areas such as Evergreen
If storefronts start coming into the area to support Candelas, I could potentially see Coal Creek Canyon getting more developed as well. Could be interesting.

Old 09-24-2015, 09:16 PM

29 posts, read 28,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Red Road View Post
If storefronts start coming into the area to support Candelas, I could potentially see Coal Creek Canyon getting more developed as well. Could be interesting.
Yeah, apparently Candelas is supposed to have a Town Center (shopping, dining, and entertainment) in the future which would put all those amenities a 10 minute drive down the canyon, even if the canyon itself wasn't further developed. Jeffco also recently made a $6.75M open space land purchase in the canyon and will be developing more trails. Property values are much more affordable in CCC than other foothill communities so now is the time to invest, haha.

No rush though needed. I'm enjoying the very little traffic, Amazon Prime has free two day delivery just like everywhere else, Walmart has their "To Go" service for most groceries (order online; free pickup on the way home from work), and a scenic 26 minute commute with no freeways to Broomfield is hard to beat.

Old 09-26-2015, 10:21 AM

1,246 posts, read 919,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livethedream3 View Post
Yeah, apparently Candelas is supposed to have a Town Center (shopping, dining, and entertainment) in the future which would put all those amenities a 10 minute drive down the canyon, even if the canyon itself wasn't further developed. Jeffco also recently made a $6.75M open space land purchase in the canyon and will be developing more trails. Property values are much more affordable in CCC than other foothill communities so now is the time to invest, haha.

No rush though needed. I'm enjoying the very little traffic, Amazon Prime has free two day delivery just like everywhere else, Walmart has their "To Go" service for most groceries (order online; free pickup on the way home from work), and a scenic 26 minute commute with no freeways to Broomfield is hard to beat.
I can't see Candelas getting a shopping center anytime soon. They are building a King Sooper at the Indiana intersection, but the master plan has for office buildings and all kinds of crap. When you consider that Flatirons is over 50% vacant I can't see many storefront business thriving for that small of an area. They say the Jeffco HW will be built, but that's 10 yrs away if that ever happens. Candelas lost the apartments which is good and the custom homes builder took over those lots. But living in CCC isn't a bad option if you want to be close to things in a rural setting. I consider it from time to time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or