U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2015, 03:47 PM

1,822 posts, read 1,389,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumbus View Post
I like the college town meets artsy chillness that is Boulder. I like Denver as well, fairly diverse but fairly educated. So upscale diverse areas I'm into.
Though technically a "college town", Boulder doesn't come across as a college town, and also doesn't seem artsy. It's more of a town for the young and rich, 20s/30s movers and shakers with an active sportsy-outdoorsy bent (hiking, biking, running, pushing the limits, and being visible as uber-active, LOL). I see little to no art there. "Artsy chillness" and "upscale diverse" sounds more like Seattle or San Francisco, not Denver or especially Boulder.

With all due respect OP, Denver and Boulder may be completely different from you are envisioning. Good luck though on your new location search.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2015, 05:43 PM

633 posts, read 890,466 times
Hmm... "I see little to no art there". Really? No art? That's odd. I could not disagree more.
Or maybe I don't understand what you consider "art/artsy".
art·sy
ˈärtsē/
adjectiveinformal

adjective: arty; comparative adjective: artier; superlative adjective: artiest; adjective: artsy; comparative adjective: artsier; superlative adjective: artsiest
  1. making a strong, affected, or pretentious display of being artistic or interested in the arts.
    "the artsy town of Taos"

By that definition I guess it's not affected or pretentious like Taos.

According to one website "To receive an accolade for the 6th Best Art Town in the Country you must have an extensive and developed art scene, and that's just what Boulder has to offer."
There are at least 7 art galleries downtown on or near the Pearl Street Mall.
Pearl Street hosts several arts festivals during the year.
Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art: BMoCA bmoca.org/
www.thedairy.org/
Boulder Arts & Culture Itinerary | Boulder CO USA
Performing arts: Boulder Colorado | Hotels, Restaurants, Things To Do, Travel Information
Boulder Ballet Company and School
There are several dance companies.
A world class Shakespeare Festival every summer (since 1958): Colorado Shakespeare Festival

Boulder is home to several highly acclaimed orchestral groups, including the Boulder Chamber Orchestra, Boulder Philharmonic Orchestra and Boulder Symphony Orchestra. And top-notch classical music festivals hosted each year in Boulder, such as the Colorado Music Festival and Colorado MahlerFest.

Old 11-29-2015, 07:20 PM

17,087 posts, read 9,792,920 times
I love Fort Collins, which I think is a distillation of all that's great about Boulder. However, it's crazy expensive, too, at least to my wallet.

Old 11-30-2015, 11:00 AM

1,822 posts, read 1,389,155 times
Yeah, I guess most sizable towns will have some art, even if you have to search for it and seek it out. I'm no Boulder expert, but based on the many times I've been to that town, I've never seen any outward sign of art or artsiness, like I've seen in other cities. There, I summed it up in several lines (no extended essay needed).

Old 12-01-2015, 05:47 PM

346 posts, read 391,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plumbus View Post
I'm still here but I have a life outside of an online forum thanks. I like the college town meets artsy chillness that is Boulder. I like Denver as well, fairly diverse but fairly educated. So upscale diverse areas I'm into. I'm not really into the racist ass small white suburbs anymore as I have much hatred of Minnesota where unless you look like the posterboy for Hitler youth you're not American.
WTH are you talking about - "racist ass white suburbs?" Sounds like you have a huge chip on your shoulder.
Last time I checked, Minneapolis was one of the most liberal cities in the nation. From the sound of it, we don't want you here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or