U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2015, 08:26 AM

1 posts, read 758 times

Advertisements

I am a single mother of two teenage daughters and am relocating from grand junction Colorado. I feel that being in the Denver area will give both myself and my girls more opportunities for growth in all areas and give them more options other than sitting around the house. It's either too hot or too windy and the pay is horrible.I have seen many good things about Arvada CO but I need to know how good are the schools jobs and since I don't have a really high income spending an arm and a leg on rent is out of the question for me. Please help. Please and thank you,
Amanda

Last edited by Mike from back east; 11-19-2015 at 08:45 AM.. Reason: Typo, I not U
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 08:46 AM

20,840 posts, read 39,059,222 times
Denver area is rather pricy for renting and buying. Colorado Springs would be far more reasonable.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:38 AM

3,806 posts, read 3,991,054 times
It appears 3 bedrooms in Arvada start at $1500 per month and go up to $1800, $2000 and beyond. https://denver.craigslist.org/search...=&query=arvada

Old 11-20-2015, 09:55 AM

16,508 posts, read 20,906,955 times
Grand Junction area resident checking in here.

Arvada IS one of the nicer areas in the metro area. Hopefully CD's poster LiveContent will weigh in here. He's a long time Arvada resident and can give you a lot of good advice. Keep another thing in mind regarding your dislike for windy conditions.

Once you get to the extreme west side of Arvada you get nasty winds when a cold front comes in, particularly two areas; Indiana Avenue that hooks up from west 64th avenue and heads north going past the west entrance to where Rocky Flats is located and also Colorado 93 that goes from Golden to Boulder. They had a nasty cold front that went through there day before yesterday and the winds were blowing at a steady 50 mph clip. It isn't THAT common to see the winds that strong in November but it certainly is when you get to late January through March. I put in time out at the Flats in the 1970's. I know.

If you are insisting the Denver area, north Englewood near Swedish Hospital has good neighborhoods about it, as does the south west corner of Englewood around the area of Kalamath and Lipan on west Chenango. Again, a tad pricey.

Good luck!

Old 11-20-2015, 10:11 AM

4,875 posts, read 9,619,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinglemommaA View Post
I am a single mother of two teenage daughters and am relocating from grand junction Colorado. I feel that being in the Denver area will give both myself and my girls more opportunities for growth in all areas and give them more options other than sitting around the house. It's either too hot or too windy and the pay is horrible.I have seen many good things about Arvada CO but I need to know how good are the schools jobs and since I don't have a really high income spending an arm and a leg on rent is out of the question for me. Please help. Please and thank you,
Amanda
There are lots of nice areas in the Denver metro with good schools, of which Arvada is only one. I suggest that you do some reading through the many threads on this forum to acquaint yourself with the area.

What kind of work do you do and what would you expect to find in Denver? What is the most that you can afford to pay for rent? We really can't help you out unless we know more about you.

Old 11-21-2015, 11:23 AM

2,181 posts, read 5,615,348 times
If you don't HAVE to stay in Colorado and/or don't HAVE to move to metro Denver, maybe you should also consider Salt Lake City.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or