U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-21-2015, 10:04 AM
 
Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A.
14,174 posts, read 23,218,153 times
Reputation: 10428

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
Aww! I like the standard green and white plate. It's simple and timeless, in my opinion.

I will agree though that there are A TON of special plates and some of them are quite ugly.
Yes, the standard white/green plates look nice, and they're iconic. All these "specialty" plates are just fugly. And they look stupid with the flat letters/numbers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-21-2015, 10:33 AM
 
Location: Prescott Valley, AZ
2,659 posts, read 2,307,776 times
Reputation: 2657
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Yes, the standard white/green plates look nice, and they're iconic. All these "specialty" plates are just fugly. And they look stupid with the flat letters/numbers.
A lot of states are going with flat plates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2015, 10:45 AM
 
Location: Aurora, CO
6,528 posts, read 10,197,404 times
Reputation: 9757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
A lot of states are going with flat plates.
Yup. Cheaper and more efficient to paint the plate than having to mechanically stamp each one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2015, 11:07 AM
 
Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A.
14,174 posts, read 23,218,153 times
Reputation: 10428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
A lot of states are going with flat plates.
And they're mostly all hideous. They look like someone printed them out on plastic. I hope CO never ruins the base plates with flat font.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2015, 01:27 PM
 
Location: Prescott Valley, AZ
2,659 posts, read 2,307,776 times
Reputation: 2657
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
And they're mostly all hideous. They look like someone printed them out on plastic. I hope CO never ruins the base plates with flat font.
Our custom special flat license plates look better than other states. We'll do better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2015, 01:52 PM
 
Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A.
14,174 posts, read 23,218,153 times
Reputation: 10428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
Our custom special flat license plates look better than other states. We'll do better.
There is no plan to ruin the standard plates with flat lettering. The "special" plates look like a high school art project.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2015, 05:12 PM
 
Location: Prescott Valley, AZ
2,659 posts, read 2,307,776 times
Reputation: 2657
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
There is no plan to ruin the standard plates with flat lettering. The "special" plates look like a high school art project.
Not really. Wyoming has flat standard plates, and they use a real photograph as the background. Looks way better than the stone age simple embossed garbage Colorado has.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-22-2015, 11:06 AM
 
Location: Golden, CO
2,181 posts, read 5,615,348 times
Reputation: 2073
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
And they're mostly all hideous. They look like someone printed them out on plastic. I hope CO never ruins the base plates with flat font.
+1. I despise the flat plates as well, though I'm sure the default Colorado plate will eventually be ruined and made flat, since that seems to be the trend. You said it best; they look like cheap/flimsy pieces of plastic. I'll keep my standard plates for as long as I can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2015, 03:19 PM
 
Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A.
14,174 posts, read 23,218,153 times
Reputation: 10428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
Not really. Wyoming has flat standard plates, and they use a real photograph as the background. Looks way better than the stone age simple embossed garbage Colorado has.
This WY plate is pure garbage! The font just looks cheap and wrong. And I don't care to display someone's ugly "art project" on my car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2015, 02:18 AM
 
Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
22,403 posts, read 39,722,706 times
Reputation: 23426
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
+1. I despise the flat plates as well, though I'm sure the default Colorado plate will eventually be ruined and made flat, since that seems to be the trend. You said it best; they look like cheap/flimsy pieces of plastic. I'll keep my standard plates for as long as I can.

"the trend"


No more Tool and Die Makers in USA, we are all dead or retired.
No more FREE prison labor (the inmates are all watching TV)

EZ and CHEAP to print them, just like T-shirts.
Can change the colors / patterns / lettering with the keyboard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:19 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top