Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 12:36 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,215,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
Just you wait, it will get worse once construction starts on 'T-REX II' I-70 from Brighton Blvd east to Quebec St. Probably become a 5 year project.
Yeah... not looking forward to that mess! I swear, they can widen/rebuild freeways in half the time in California than it takes here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2015, 12:38 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,215,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrian View Post
This. T-REX significantly improved the flow on I-25. For about 9 years.

Traffic now is equivalent to southern California on that stretch, even at 2 PM.
I drive south in the morning through the DTC and southbound runs quite well. Coming back north in the evening, not so much.

I've noticed that since they widened the 225 through Aurora, it's slowly clogging back up. They should have just made it a solid 4 lanes the entire length.

Old 12-24-2015, 01:16 PM

4,026 posts, read 2,711,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I drive south in the morning through the DTC and southbound runs quite well. Coming back north in the evening, not so much.

I've noticed that since they widened the 225 through Aurora, it's slowly clogging back up. They should have just made it a solid 4 lanes the entire length.

IME, it ran well southbound in the morning until somewhere between Parker and Yosemite--then it seemed a clog up. And I was leaving a little before 6:30.

Northbound in the afternoon, I seldom bothered. By 3:30 it could be backed up. If I left at 3, though (which I do on Fridays), it was clear.

Old 12-24-2015, 08:54 PM

3,407 posts, read 4,627,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post

I-225 north and southbound have wide enough shoulders to accommodate 5 lanes both sides for the future. Just needs a simple re-striping.

Old 12-24-2015, 10:12 PM

17,705 posts, read 29,796,003 times
Default Whinging

After you people stop your whining comments, I suggest you visit the Gary, Indiana forum.
Grow or die.

Old 12-25-2015, 06:06 AM

459 posts, read 807,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Can't wait 'til the $2 billion buried boondoggle is finished. It'll immediately be as congested and functionally obsolete as the viaduct it's replacing, but there will be a fake deck park in the hood. #Progress
Not really. They are adding toll lanes not general purpose lanes. Congestion is an economic problem that you can't build your way out of but you can charge your way out of by passing along some of the cost of that capacity to the consumer. Trex according to cdots numbers was just as congested 4 years after completion. That's not population growth, that was induced demand in action.

Old 12-25-2015, 01:22 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,452,401 times
I have a feeling Pueblo has seen growth as well. It will be interesting to see what the stats say.

Old 12-25-2015, 06:34 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wideworld View Post
This.

I lived in Denver 2012 - end of 2014, and the change in traffic just in that short period was noticeable. I lived in Chicago and LA before that, and Denver went from being fairly free-flowing to just as bad as the aforementioned. I miss it sometimes, but I often wonder what it looks like now. From my friends who still live there - and most are locals - they say it's almost unbearable. Unlike Chicago, and even LA to a certain degree, there are no alternatives to the highways, whereas in Chicago you can save some time by exiting and taking side streets. Denver isn't built to handle it.
Spoken like someone who never got off the highway to learn an alternate route. Really, there are plenty of 2nd and 3rd and 4th options all throughout the Denver area. It's one thing I miss about it. Where I live now there are two primary routes and both have traffic that makes anything in Denver look sparse. The alternate routes out here where I live now take you so far out of your way that you don't necessarily save commute time by taking them.

Old 12-26-2015, 12:10 AM

194 posts, read 273,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Spoken like someone who never got off the highway to learn an alternate route. Really, there are plenty of 2nd and 3rd and 4th options all throughout the Denver area. It's one thing I miss about it. Where I live now there are two primary routes and both have traffic that makes anything in Denver look sparse. The alternate routes out here where I live now take you so far out of your way that you don't necessarily save commute time by taking them.
Shhhh let them keep thinking that and sitting parked on the highways.

Old 12-26-2015, 04:37 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,844,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wideworld View Post
This.

I lived in Denver 2012 - end of 2014, and the change in traffic just in that short period was noticeable. I lived in Chicago and LA before that, and Denver went from being fairly free-flowing to just as bad as the aforementioned. I miss it sometimes, but I often wonder what it looks like now. From my friends who still live there - and most are locals - they say it's almost unbearable. Unlike Chicago, and even LA to a certain degree, there are no alternatives to the highways, whereas in Chicago you can save some time by exiting and taking side streets. Denver isn't built to handle it.
At least, there is light rail. Wish more people would park their cars and try the public transportation, that the metro Denver has. Just a thought?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado