Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2016, 08:15 PM

2 posts, read 1,277 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone! My husband, our kids and I are planning to move to Colorado within the next two years. I have been planning on it for my entire life practically but I am going to bring them all with me, I guess..

The plan is for two years from now as I am finishing school for Massage Therapy before we move. Until then I will just keep visiting every year and being depressed until I get back hahahahaha. I know LMTs are a dime a dozen there (probably more so than they are everywhere and that is saying something). Alas, it is my dream profession and passion. My husband is a top salesman for a car dealership here in Buffalo. He makes 75k a year right now which is more than enough for us to not worry much at all. When I start working as an LMT we will be even more comfortable leaving us in a better position to save more and move sooner etc.. Here is the question, I guess. I feel like a couple years back when I was looking into relocating there I saw something about Car Salesmen in CO needing a license or certification of some sort before you are able to sell cars in the state. Is this a "thing" or was I misunderstanding whatever it was I read? Is it difficult to get a job in his field out there and if not, is the money there like it is here? Thanks, everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2016, 08:20 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Family0fFive View Post
I saw something about Car Salesmen in CO needing a license or certification of some sort before you are able to sell cars in the state. Is this a "thing" or was I misunderstanding whatever it was I read?
This sounds right. Don't take this as particularly tangible advice, but I knew a guy back in 2007 who was successful at selling cars, but he couldn't obtain a license to continue to sell cars because of an embezzlement he had been involved in several years prior.

This might help:
https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/enf...ustry-division

Old 01-03-2016, 08:33 PM

2 posts, read 1,277 times
Thank you for you reply! My husband is so boring - no legal issues ever!

I guess I just am confused what exactly it is and what it takes to get one?

Do people from out of state have to take courses or something to obtain this before being offered a job or does it come as part of training..etc...?

Old 01-03-2016, 08:39 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Family0fFive View Post
Thank you for you reply! My husband is so boring - no legal issues ever!

I guess I just am confused what exactly it is and what it takes to get one?

Do people from out of state have to take courses or something to obtain this before being offered a job or does it come as part of training..etc...?
From the link:
Quote:
In Colorado salespeople are required to be licensed to a Motor Vehicle Dealer. You must first find a dealer who wishes to hire you and that dealer must complete page 7 of your application.

Old 01-03-2016, 09:44 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,747,986 times
Yes you have to get licensed, you have to have a dealership sponsor you if you want a temporary license as the permanent one takes up to 4 months to go. To get one you have to pass an open book test with multiple retakes allowed, have the dealership sponsor you, submit for the background check which is a quick check for the temporary one and a full background check for the permanent one, pay the fee, and then wait.

Depending on your former counties and such the regular license can take up to 4 months, but if the background check is clean and can read he should be able to get his license fairly easily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado