U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2016, 12:10 PM

2 posts, read 1,272 times

Advertisements

Hello,
My husband and I are a retired couple. We have been married for 33 years. He is a retired photojournalist having worked for all the Major News Companies, CBS, ABC, NBC, CNN, etc. He is an Emmy Winning News Photographer. I ran his business, professional photo equipment rental, and turn key Video Production. Internet Provider office Manager, and more.

We are looking to move to Colorado, at this time in the Pueblo, Trinidad, or Walsenburg region. But, are open to branching further for the right arrangements.

We currently are renting a house in the Austin, Tx area. We owned our own homes for most of our married life but lost everything in 2008 like so many others. In the last 11 years we have rented two houses. One for five years, and the current one for six years. We have letters of reference from both landlords. We have never missed a payment or been late.

We have two animals a 50 pound Dog, lab mix we call her the couch potato (comes with her own couch). She is spayed and has all shots etc. Soft mouth rarely barks, is afraid of strangers, but, keeps her distance and is ready to run away. Not aggressive at all.

One cat spayed is in door out door. She has a box in the house when she needs it but prefers to do her business outside.

We are planning at this time to rent or a rent to own arrangement. Here are the most important things we are looking for.

Stand alone house.
Bedrooms, 2 +
Bathrooms 1 +
Garage or space in storage building
High Speed Internet access

We would prefer a rural property but or open to living in town.
We are non-smokers.

Currently living near Austin, Texas, in Travis County. Austin has become too expensive to live comfortably on our SSI income.

We are looking to move to Colorado, We know the South Eastern region think it is beautiful and would like to make it our last home.

We would like cost of living information, Utilities are the only thing I have no idea what they are like there.

We can afford to pay rent between $ 600-900 per month for a house not including utilities (depending on what they will run).

At this time we are looking for an agent or home owner willing to work with us long distance to find a place to rent. We would like to move in March or April depending on finding a place. We realize there will be a few trips up for viewings and paper work prior to the move.

If you are an agent or know of a good one please contact me via DM.

Thank you for your time. I look forward to hearing from you.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 01-25-2016 at 02:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2016, 04:13 PM

3,793 posts, read 3,982,404 times
Sent you a private message with a house lead. Though it is bigger and more expensive than you specified, maybe something useful would come from checking into it. Perhaps another property of theirs later or someone they know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or