U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 09:51 PM

16 posts, read 19,680 times

Advertisements

Is there a "pit" area at Red Rocks Amphitheater in Morrison, CO? How early should I arrive to be able to get to the pit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2016, 09:56 PM

6,903 posts, read 6,494,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandreajean View Post
Is there a "pit" area at Red Rocks Amphitheater in Morrison, CO? How early should I arrive to be able to get to the pit?
What is a pit? Like a mosh pit? Does that still happen?

Red Rocks is all bench seating.

Old 03-24-2016, 03:31 PM

16 posts, read 19,680 times
I mean a flat area without seating. They have that at alot if venues around here. Is that not a thing at Red Rocks?

Old 03-24-2016, 05:20 PM

40 posts, read 36,427 times
It's a little hard to change a rock and concrete outdoor theatre to accommodate current concert trends..

That being said, at some Red Rocks concerts I've been to, there seems to be a steady push toward the front rows, which I guess creates a "pit" feel down there. This is, however, prohibited by the venue, and security may ask to see your ticket at any time. Best to enjoy the company of your neighbours (seating there is tight as it is, so you do get cozy).

Old 03-24-2016, 10:01 PM

100 posts, read 84,873 times
One of my favorite things about Red Rocks was sitting far enough back that you still could see the facial expressions of the musicians, but also could watch thunder/lightning storms out on the Eastern Plains. That alone makes it the greatest concert venue in the entire universe. Oh, and the acoustics are great, the Rocks are magnificent, and the show is generally so good that you don't mind the amount of time it takes to get out of there and home.

Mosh pits? We don't need no stinkin' mosh pits.

Old 03-27-2016, 11:04 PM

1,258 posts, read 1,575,249 times
There isn't a mosh pit at Red Rocks.

If you are looking for a venue that has a mosh pit, there are plenty around Denver, and, depending on the type of show, it will be a full on mosh pit experience, if you want.

Places like Blue Bird, Ogden, Gothic Theater and Summit Music Hall all host concerts like that. Of course, the bands playing there are of a totally different flavor than what you'd see at Red Rocks.

A big venue with a "pit-like" area is 1st Bank center in Broomfield. It regularly hosts bands with household names. You can get a GA ticket and get to be pretty close to the stage. You can arrive right before the headliner start, and still make into the first 5-6 rows of the crowd. If you want to be right under the stage, then maybe right before the first warm up band start.

Old 03-28-2016, 09:52 AM

6,903 posts, read 6,494,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandreajean View Post
I mean a flat area without seating. They have that at alot if venues around here. Is that not a thing at Red Rocks?
No. Clearly a poor design. You probably shouldn't bother going.

Old 03-28-2016, 11:42 PM

112 posts, read 94,017 times
I've seen people try to do mosh type stuff towards the front, however this was at Offspring several years ago so I'm not sure how, "moshy," that was. They were sort of jumping from row to row and in a group and trying to do it.

My husband goes to lots of metal concerts and says that they still do mosh types stuff in the front reserved rows and close to it sort of, and in the reserved section near the sound station.

Other than that you should arrive very early to get to the front (depending on the popularity of the band...my teen sister went to 21 Pilots and arrived at 8:00 am to get in the front, yet last concert I went to people didn't even line up, and we were in row 6 or 7 within 20 minutes of doors, another I waited for 2 hours in line and was in 13 maybe)

My favorite area is around row 30-40 though because the view. Anything closer is a little too loud for me. I personally like to be somewhere between the middle and the edges, but not too far in so that it's easier to use the restroom when I am mostly likely drunk and stumbling...but maybe that's a girl problem.

Old 06-05-2016, 06:09 PM

2,019 posts, read 4,322,561 times
I know this post was from March, but I read this today on the Red Rocks site while checking the seating chart for a show. I was not aware there is a "pulpit" close to the stage:

With a seating capacity of over 9,000 the Red Rocks Amphitheatre has a wide selection of seating options...
Mostly general admission seating in the green indicated below with reserved seating surrounding the outer edge in blue. Disabled seating is also situated at the rear of the general admission seating. For rock orientated concerts there is a Pulpit close to the stage, for those who like to get in the thick of it!
http://www.theredrocksamphitheater.c...seating-chart/

Old 06-05-2016, 08:27 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,076,221 times
Uhh, a pulPIT is nothing like mosh PIT. Two entirely seperate things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado