U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2016, 01:25 PM

4 posts, read 5,477 times

Advertisements

Employee Housing for the 2016/2017 Winter Season

Loveland Ski Area (on Interstate 70, Dillon, CO 80435, near Georgetown, Colorado) does not provide housing for its employees, but many seasonal workers find a house or apartment to share with friends in one of the surrounding cities (Georgetown, Silver Plume, Idaho Springs, Evergreen, or Denver).

This forum provides an opportunity to exchange information between prospective or hired Loveland Ski Area employees looking for housing or roommates, and for locals who want to publicize available housing. Please note that arrangements made via this forum are private transactions between individuals and Loveland Ski Area is not a party to those matters.

A few extra notes about employment:
-Interested parties can apply online at any time of the year through EMPLOYMENT | Loveland Ski Area :: Colorado Ski Snowboarding Resort, Skiing Season Pass, Ski School
-The best time of year to apply is in September. Department managers call applicants and conduct interviews in September/October.
-Loveland Ski Area has one of the earliest opening dates in Colorado--usually between mid-October and early November.

I'm looking for a roommate for the 2016/2017 ski season for somewhere between the ski area and Denver. Idaho Springs is the biggest in-between town, and it's about 30 minutes from Denver and 30 minutes from Loveland.

I'm a 23 year old male, moving to Denver from Oklahoma, but wanting to do a season skiing first.

I've only seen one apartment complex in Idaho Springs so far, and it's called Big Horn Apartments. It has 1- and 2-bedroom apartments for $800 and $950/month.

If anyone's interested in that, or wants a roommate somewhere else, let me know.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 07-08-2016 at 01:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2016, 08:19 AM

Default Classified Rentals for Loveland Ski Area and Arapahoe Basin

I've been emailing businesses in Clear Creek County to see the best places for seasonal employees of the local ski areas to live, and here's what I've come up with:

This is the local newspaper's website, with classifieds for rentals.
clearcreekcourant.com

This is another local newspaper with classifieds.
summitdaily.com

This is the most relevant Craigslist to look through.
rockies.craigslist.org

Another option I've seen is renting a cabin. They're a bit further away, but very cheap to split, and it'd be awesome to live in a cabin. They're called Big Spruce Cabins (3303 W Chicago Creek Rd, Idaho Springs, CO 80452), and rent starts at $525/mo for a studio.
bigsprucecabins.com/mountain-cabins.php

Old 05-09-2016, 03:26 PM

Default Idaho Springs Housing

I know it's still too far out to be organizing housing (for those of us looking to live near the ski area only for the season), but I've been checking for available properties and finding some great stuff on these Craigslist locations:

denver.craigslist.org/search/apa

rockies.craigslist.org/search/apa

I've found a 2BR for $1000/mo and two 3BR options for $1800 and $1900/mo. If there's enough people to get one per room, then that's only $500-$600/mo each, which seems pretty reasonable.

Some of the places are pretty sick, too. I've attached a few pictures of the $1800/mo 3BR house. It might be gone by the time we're looking to move, but it shows what kind of stuff is out there.

If anyone's looking for a roommate, let me know closer to October/November.
Attached Thumbnails
Loveland Ski Area Employee Housing-1.jpg   Loveland Ski Area Employee Housing-2.jpg   Loveland Ski Area Employee Housing-3.jpg  

Old 05-10-2016, 10:27 AM

6,904 posts, read 6,496,831 times
I can't decide if you are spamming us or not.

Old 05-10-2016, 11:04 AM

Hey SkyDog. Nope, I'm just overpreparing, haha.

When I was looking for housing options it was hard to find quality information (I'm in Tulsa, so I didn't know who to ask and whatnot). I thought the best way to try to find a roommate was to make a forum thread somewhere with everything I had learned on it, as a resource for other people looking for housing. Then, through the forum, I might be able to make connections and find other people working at the ski parks this winter.

I don't know if that was the best way to do it, but I thought I'd give it a try. If you need me to take the thread down, I can do that. I don't really know what the rules are for posting here.

Old 09-09-2016, 06:42 AM

1 posts, read 1,014 times
Hi, I'm single looking for a place to live. I'm on a fixed income so I must keep it within 5 to $700 range. Will share housing but only if clean and one person only. Looking to rent month to month but will look at 3 or 6 month leases if the right person comes along. Please contact me at this #(970)-515-8845.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado