U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-26-2016, 08:31 AM
 
9,830 posts, read 19,527,350 times
Reputation: 7602

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
Resurrecting this thread out of curiosity.

Do you think this will pass?

Is there a limitation on when you'd be able to access this system? The second you get Colorado drivers license, are you eligible? I'm worried that other Americans may move to CO while they are sick, keep a residence somewhere else saying they were on "vacation" demand care then return to wherever state they come from, and didn't contribute in taxes? They have such limitations on the PFD in Alaska, and I think it would be best for Colorado to have such a limitation on the books until every other state also had single-payer.

Also please do not mass migrate to Arizona. I'm done with old selfish people repressing the government against young people in Arizona, which is what retirees do constantly here.
Leftists never understand that their actions of government involvement always have an opposite reaction. People and business gravitate to places where their costs are lower and regulations from governmental idiots is less. obummacare is a great example. Government promised to lower costs and get more people insured. Instead it crushed competition and competitive prices and drove the cost of insurance up so much many productive paying people who had insurance have now bailed out of the market, choosing instead to pay the penalty. That will accelerate this year as costs take another 20-100% price hike. Everyone is still looking for obama's $2500 cost cut in insurance and it will never be found.

The pot law was another great example. Colorado has been flooded with just about every unproductive loser and bum that could be found in every nook and cranny of the US to come to Colorado to do nothing but smoke weed.

 
Old 08-26-2016, 08:48 AM
 
9,830 posts, read 19,527,350 times
Reputation: 7602
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
There are some scary ballot initiatives that got passed this very way that are up to vote on this November related to the oil industry. If passed it could take over $2 billion in revenue away from CO, estimated 300k jobs, and over $250million away from education each yr. The state constitution is something like 10 larger than the US.
The left in Colorado has been trying to kill off the rural industries in the state. It is scary that people are willing to vote away their freedom and industry. Shut this down, shut that down, eventually everyone productive will be gone.
 
Old 08-26-2016, 01:09 PM
 
1,246 posts, read 919,200 times
Reputation: 1433
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
The left in Colorado has been trying to kill off the rural industries in the state. It is scary that people are willing to vote away their freedom and industry. Shut this down, shut that down, eventually everyone productive will be gone.
Its amazing that many dont realize that many of the big buildings in Denver are filled with Oil companies.....They pay well, they bring in revenue, that gets turned to provide all the social programs the left wants more and more of but no clue how to pay for it.
 
Old 08-26-2016, 01:35 PM
 
Location: Tempe, AZ
4,519 posts, read 3,593,198 times
Reputation: 3538
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Leftists never understand that their actions of government involvement always have an opposite reaction. People and business gravitate to places where their costs are lower and regulations from governmental idiots is less. obummacare is a great example. Government promised to lower costs and get more people insured. Instead it crushed competition and competitive prices and drove the cost of insurance up so much many productive paying people who had insurance have now bailed out of the market, choosing instead to pay the penalty. That will accelerate this year as costs take another 20-100% price hike. Everyone is still looking for obama's $2500 cost cut in insurance and it will never be found.

The pot law was another great example. Colorado has been flooded with just about every unproductive loser and bum that could be found in every nook and cranny of the US to come to Colorado to do nothing but smoke weed.
You can't do halfway on healthcare policy, which was the biggest mess up. It just can't and does not work that way.

I'd support such a healthcare law here in Arizona but I worry about limitations on an incoming population abusing the system in your state, if it were to pass. It could be detrimental to you guys.
 
Old 08-26-2016, 02:03 PM
 
Location: Colorado
57 posts, read 28,202 times
Reputation: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
The left in Colorado has been trying to kill off the rural industries in the state. It is scary that people are willing to vote away their freedom and industry. Shut this down, shut that down, eventually everyone productive will be gone.

Yet somehow we're ranked as one of the top 5 best performing economies in the country.


https://wallethub.com/edu/states-wit...onomies/21697/


US states economy ranking Q4 2015 - Business Insider
 
Old 08-26-2016, 02:42 PM
 
5,321 posts, read 7,169,198 times
Reputation: 5065
According to the calculator, I'd save about 1000 per year, but only if I use the whole deductible in my current plan, which I haven't yet. Otherwise, it is about a wash or costs a few hundred more.

I would still consider it if I were convinced it were for the common good. Not sure on that yet.
 
Old 08-26-2016, 04:32 PM
 
1,246 posts, read 919,200 times
Reputation: 1433
Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
According to the calculator, I'd save about 1000 per year, but only if I use the whole deductible in my current plan, which I haven't yet. Otherwise, it is about a wash or costs a few hundred more.

I would still consider it if I were convinced it were for the common good. Not sure on that yet.
Did you factor in how much more you would pay in state income tax?
 
Old 08-26-2016, 05:44 PM
 
Location: Aurora, CO
6,525 posts, read 10,194,145 times
Reputation: 9757
Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
According to the calculator, I'd save about 1000 per year, but only if I use the whole deductible in my current plan, which I haven't yet. Otherwise, it is about a wash or costs a few hundred more.

I would still consider it if I were convinced it were for the common good. Not sure on that yet.
Trusting the calculator on their website will be your first mistake. There is no way on God's green earth that this will cost anywhere near what they say it will. The cynic in me says expect the cost to be 20-25% higher than they anticipate. That means the income tax will have to be raised right out of the gate, and nobody can stop it.

I'm betting they haven't taken into account the number of high wage earners and/or sole proprietors who'll leave the state, the number of indigent or low-wage workers who will move into the state, the number of doctors who will leave the state or simply stop taking insurance, or the number of people who will end up on the unemployment rolls when the insurance companies pack up and leave town or their employers (typically small businesses) can no longer afford to employ them.

Between Amendment 69 and all the anti-fracking measures Colorado's economy could be completely destroyed within the next decade.
 
Old 08-26-2016, 10:32 PM
 
Location: Eastern Colorado
3,768 posts, read 4,619,029 times
Reputation: 4893
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
Its amazing that many dont realize that many of the big buildings in Denver are filled with Oil companies.....They pay well, they bring in revenue, that gets turned to provide all the social programs the left wants more and more of but no clue how to pay for it.
No many have no idea that many oil companies have their regional or even national headquarters in downtown Denver, they also do not understand the marketing, PR, and supply companies that are downtown that directly get their checks through oil field contracts, nor do they realize how many throughout the state are working in the oil field on currently producing wells and as soon as those wells dry up those people will also be out of work. People do not understand that the lose of drilling jobs was bad, and looks to be affecting northern Colorado, but they have no idea how bad it will be if the oil companies pull out of Denver.
 
Old 08-26-2016, 10:44 PM
 
Location: Eastern Colorado
3,768 posts, read 4,619,029 times
Reputation: 4893
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiDog View Post
Yet somehow we're ranked as one of the top 5 best performing economies in the country.


https://wallethub.com/edu/states-wit...onomies/21697/


US states economy ranking Q4 2015 - Business Insider
That is kind of the point of the post you quoted, oil companies have a ton of personnel head quartered in Denver, many of their major professional firms such as marketing, lawyers, suppliers, and auditors have bases in Denver to service those large offices. Not to mention the pumpers, truck drivers, field office personnel, supply sales people, land contractors, and others that will lose their jobs or leave will hurt the state as a whole and Denver. Just spend some time looking at the revenue Colorado generates through severance tax, and look up the income those mineral rights holders will lose, the income tax the mineral tax holders and the employees all pay, it is a recipe for disaster. Many people have no idea that the drillers are just a small portion of the oil field, and look how losing those drillers over the decades has hurt places like Colorado, Wyoming, Texas, Oklahoma, and North Dakota over the years, take away those on top of all other oil jobs, and you think where we are ranked today is going to matter?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:58 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top