Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2016, 11:09 AM

9 posts, read 9,403 times

Advertisements

We are looking to move to Colorado in a month and a half. My wife is a 20 year kindergarten teacher in Arizona with 2 master degrees one in early education and the other in counseling. She is looking for a good district to teach for and also looking for a good safe town to live in. We are driving up there next Thursday to check out some towns. Will will be up there till Sunday. We have never been to Colorado before so does anyone have any suggestions on what towns to look at and maybe know what districts are hiring. I own my own carpet cleaning business and need to be somewhere where i can stay busy. i dont mind driving to far for work. My wife has done all of her application stuff with Colorado department of education she is just waiting for them to review everything but they said she is good to go to start applying for districts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2016, 12:32 PM

6,819 posts, read 10,510,104 times
Check School District 11 in Colorado Springs website for openings - updated weekly.

Old 04-15-2016, 12:47 PM

3,961 posts, read 4,384,986 times
Giving up on the mountain town prospect already?

We are at a point in the year where most school districts are going to be looking at next year budgets and teacher hiring, so nearly anywhere. We are full of good districts and safe towns. We need you to put up a few more definitions of what you picture life in Colorado looking like to help us help you narrow the search.

Lets start with town vs city. You've repeatedly said town, what population does that consist of in your mind? You obviously need enough population for carpet cleaning. What are some other features do you require for your residence; sports, art, museums, outdoor activities, indoor activities, shopping, likes, dislikes, politics, etc?

Being you're from Arizona, the dry and heat probably aren't a big concern. That is often a shock for people from lower, more humid climates. For a starter, I'd recommend you read this thread; Fantasy vs. Reality- Our First CO Trip- Questions/ Observations . These people wanted dearly to love Colorado, did a whiz bang tour of several places over a few days, much like you are considering, and then reported on their perceptions. If we still have you after that, consider what added data points you want to give us and then post back.

Old 04-15-2016, 05:22 PM

9 posts, read 9,403 times
Coming from Arizona we are use to the dry hear in the months of May and October but the summer months when it gets to 115 or higher, it is unbearable. I am looking for a big city with small towns surrounding. I love mountains, lots of rain, I love to ride my bike, and I love big pine trees, lakes, and something similar to Pinetop, Arizona. If you look at the scenery in Pinetop, that is what we are looking for. Thank you.

Old 04-15-2016, 05:29 PM

8,489 posts, read 8,771,754 times
Evergreen / Conifer and Woodland Park have some similarity to Pinetop AZ landscape. But as I said in your earlier thread you need to be willing to deal with a lot of snow up there. Down lower on the front range, you could consider bigger places like Littleton, Louisville, Loveland, Castle Rock or outside them. You aren't in the mountains but you are reasonably close. Golden is sorta in-between the flats and the mountains. If you consider Colorado Springs area you could look at Monument and the Black Forest (for pine trees, albeit with a lot of burned ones). These last places get heavier than normal snow despite being on the flats. If you want to look at small mountain adjacent towns on front range, check out Bellvue, Lyons, Roxborough Park, Sedalia and Idaho Springs. Not knowing your preferred town size range and housing budget makes for lots of guessing. Most people won't bother without this guidance.

Last edited by NW Crow; 04-15-2016 at 06:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado