U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 10:00 PM

12,174 posts, read 20,957,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Crow View Post
It is expected Elbert County will start to fill up with some of the growth that can't fit fast enough in the existing urban areas. Adams County should end up with more too eventually. Pueblo or "Pueblo North" will probably get some more, eventually. All told, probably half a million to a million more per decade. As usual, for a long time past (since 1950) and into the foreseeable future. Already pretty close to 500,000 in first 5 years of this decade (425,000).
Pueblo has already seen its growth increase and I suspect that it will continue.

Old 04-30-2016, 11:01 PM

214 posts, read 192,515 times
Reading through this thread makes me really want to get out of California... I mean Colorado.

Old 05-01-2016, 02:27 AM

4,697 posts, read 4,332,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
PPL are commuting from Loveland even Windsor to the Denver Metro. Its only going to get worse. Factor in the boomers retiring here....property values will sky rocket, everything will be overcrowded, but the ultra left will love it and try to steel money for social programs. The people that make the money that supports everything...some will leave so they get more for their dollar when they realize it will be easier just to take a week of vaca to ski vs battling the crowds on the weekends.
Right. I'll limit myself to merely one example of Colorado's run-away liberal spending since the night is drawing late enough as it is already:

Quality Counts 2016: State Report Cards Map - Education Week

According to the latest nationwide score card on education (considered a "social program") Colorado earned an embarrassing grade of D+ on school spending, placing our state in with the lowest 15 states in the Union. Arkansas, West Virginia, Louisiana, Alabama and Georgia – states which usually are considered behind everyone else, all scored better than the state of Colorado. Hell, if I had school age kids, I’d high tail it for that highly educated state also known for its economic well-being and emphasis on great educations for its young people – Kentucky! Even a poverty-stricken Appalachian state like Kentucky scored 10 state rankings ABOVE Colorado. Me and the kids will be hitting the road for the coal mines up in Harlan Country next week. At least maybe children learn the alphabet there.

On the other hand, that screaming liberal state of Wyoming scored number 2 in the entire US for educational spending! See, Sammy? Look at the link I gave. That blue area on Colorado’s northern border is Wyoming. Yep, really. But don’t feel too bad, you probably went to Colorado schools which placed you at a disadvantage when you attempted to solve the problem of which states are over-run by commies demanding that our children get a decent education. Take two aspirin and call me in the morning. I’m sure you’ll be feeling much better soon.

Old 05-01-2016, 05:56 AM

4,795 posts, read 4,896,352 times
Does everything have to turn into a Liberal vs. Conservative rant?

Geez

Old 05-01-2016, 07:40 AM

4,697 posts, read 4,332,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
Does everything have to turn into a Liberal vs. Conservative rant?

Geez
I actually agree with you. People can go overboard on this subject and de-rail threads, as a result. I must admit the dismal state of Colorado's educational system is very depressing, and not enough Coloradans (especially newbies) understand what's going on. If I get some extra energy later, maybe I'll post a seperate thread explaining how a school in Harlan County can actually be better funded than one in Highlands Ranch.

Meanwhile, we can all complain in this thread that sardines don't have nothing on us and it doesn't matter if the sardines lean left or right!

Old 05-01-2016, 01:11 PM

1,246 posts, read 919,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Right. I'll limit myself to merely one example of Colorado's run-away liberal spending since the night is drawing late enough as it is already:

Quality Counts 2016: State Report Cards Map - Education Week

According to the latest nationwide score card on education (considered a "social program") Colorado earned an embarrassing grade of D+ on school spending, placing our state in with the lowest 15 states in the Union. Arkansas, West Virginia, Louisiana, Alabama and Georgia – states which usually are considered behind everyone else, all scored better than the state of Colorado. Hell, if I had school age kids, I’d high tail it for that highly educated state also known for its economic well-being and emphasis on great educations for its young people – Kentucky! Even a poverty-stricken Appalachian state like Kentucky scored 10 state rankings ABOVE Colorado. Me and the kids will be hitting the road for the coal mines up in Harlan Country next week. At least maybe children learn the alphabet there.

On the other hand, that screaming liberal state of Wyoming scored number 2 in the entire US for educational spending! See, Sammy? Look at the link I gave. That blue area on Colorado’s northern border is Wyoming. Yep, really. But don’t feel too bad, you probably went to Colorado schools which placed you at a disadvantage when you attempted to solve the problem of which states are over-run by commies demanding that our children get a decent education. Take two aspirin and call me in the morning. I’m sure you’ll be feeling much better soon.
So throwing more money at a problem is your solution? US spends more on Education/capita than any other yet its constantly falling behind other nations. So yeah out spend them more brilliant! Maybe you're the one from the poorly run CO education system you rant and rave about.

Old 05-01-2016, 01:12 PM

1,246 posts, read 919,200 times
Quote:
I actually agree with you. People can go overboard on this subject and de-rail threads, as a result. I must admit the dismal state of Colorado's educational system is very depressing, and not enough Coloradans (especially newbies) understand what's going on. If I get some extra energy later, maybe I'll post a seperate thread explaining how a school in Harlan County can actually be better funded than one in Highlands Ranch.

Meanwhile, we can all complain in this thread that sardines don't have nothing on us and it doesn't matter if the sardines lean left or right!
You're the one that went overboard dip *****....the party of tolerance isn't so tolerant of other opinions....

Old 05-01-2016, 01:23 PM

4,324 posts, read 1,787,341 times
Quote:

The skools are doubleplus good

Old 05-01-2016, 03:46 PM

3,796 posts, read 3,987,784 times
Denver metro listed as composed of 10 counties. The average density of Denver city is 4,000 per square mile but for the entire metro it is only 300 per square mile. How big Denver metro can get depends on repurposing ag water, how much of the yet unused land is developable and on how much of the developed land gets redeveloped at higher or much higher density. How much will local officials accept multi-unit additions to predominantly single family neighborhoods and how much will those neighborhoods fight it? How many folks in heart of Denver in future will be willing to live in high-rise buildings? I am talking 10, 20, 50 stories.

Portland, OR is 10% denser than Denver for both city and entire metro. Seattle is 80% denser in the city than Denver and 100% denser for the entire metro. Denver and Denver metro will get denser but will it go up 10%, 20%, 50% or more before it levels off? The city of Sacramento, CA is 20% denser than Denver and the metro is 40% denser. Denver probably gets that much denser fairly quick. How much beyond that will be decided later. It might not be needed if the US population growth as a whole stays low like it has recently or becomes negative eventually. But if more and more folks want to work and live in big metros, it might keep going up further.

Last edited by NW Crow; 05-01-2016 at 04:19 PM..

Old 05-01-2016, 04:42 PM

4,324 posts, read 1,787,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Crow View Post
Denver metro listed as composed of 10 counties. The average density of Denver city is 4,000 per square mile but for the entire metro it is only 300 per square mile. How big Denver metro can get depends on repurposing ag water, how much of the yet unused land is developable and on how much of the developed land gets redeveloped at higher or much higher density. How much will local officials accept multi-unit additions to predominantly single family neighborhoods and how much will those neighborhoods fight it? How many folks in heart of Denver in future will be willing to live in high-rise buildings? I am talking 10, 20, 50 stories.

Portland, OR is 10% denser than Denver for both city and entire metro. Seattle is 80% denser in the city than Denver and 100% denser for the entire metro. Denver and Denver metro will get denser but will it go up 10%, 20%, 50% or more before it levels off? The city of Sacramento, CA is 20% denser than Denver and the metro is 40% denser. Denver probably gets that much denser fairly quick. How much beyond that will be decided later. It might not be needed if the US population growth as a whole stays low like it has recently or becomes negative eventually. But if more and more folks want to work and live in big metros, it might keep going up further.
I think further density increases is inevitable however I think alot of it will depend on how much job growth Denver has as well. It would be super cool though to see a bunch of modern new 50 story high residential units in the downtown area could make it more lively maybe one day Denver will surpass Chicago we can do it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or