U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 09:13 AM

12,174 posts, read 20,961,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by empires228 View Post
Where are they going to get the water for all of this?! I know families in Elbert County who've had to drill new wells several times because they've ran dry.The Springs and Denver are going to run out of water rights to poach from the Ark River Valley in the near future, and Pueblo was an idiot to allow any other municipality to tap into their lake if they want growth. Kansas will be breathing down Colorado's back again if the pumping up to The Springs affects river flow.

Colorado is a beautiful state, but it's on the fast track to ruin that with the exploding population growth on top of the tourism.
Pueblo had no choice. People assume it was Pueblo's water because it is stored in our county but it was not. Colorado Springs was going to get the water by letting them take it through Pueblo county it gave Pueblo the upper hand in the 1041 permit which is why they got the major deal with the Springs.

Water could help southern Colorado especially Pueblo in the next 80 years. We have enough water for a city of 500,000 people if we don't buy anymore and they are always looking. I sit in economic meetings and that is one of the strengths brought up.

Old 05-08-2016, 04:13 PM

4,325 posts, read 1,788,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Pueblo had no choice. People assume it was Pueblo's water because it is stored in our county but it was not. Colorado Springs was going to get the water by letting them take it through Pueblo county it gave Pueblo the upper hand in the 1041 permit which is why they got the major deal with the Springs.

Water could help southern Colorado especially Pueblo in the next 80 years. We have enough water for a city of 500,000 people if we don't buy anymore and they are always looking. I sit in economic meetings and that is one of the strengths brought up.
People just need to use less water and use the current water more efficiently. We don't live in England grass lawns are a incredible waste and need to be banned.

Old 05-08-2016, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
People just need to use less water and use the current water more efficiently. We don't live in England grass lawns are a incredible waste and need to be banned.
Depends where you live. In Pueblo we have plenty of water so we are good.

Old 05-08-2016, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Depends where you live. In Pueblo we have plenty of water so we are good.
Balderdash you puebloans will need to tighten your belts for the greater good.

Old 05-08-2016, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Balderdash you puebloans will need to tighten your belts for the greater good.
Sorry when the whole state makes fun of Pueblo and asks why would I want to live here then asks us for our extra water "for the greater good" my response could not be posted here. Just saying!

Old 05-09-2016, 02:08 PM

19 posts, read 12,644 times
Livestock use more water than people.
I was reading this thread because I may want to move to Colorado one day. Population growth does create problems, but water wouldn't be as much of an issue if we didn't need so much livestock.

Old 05-11-2016, 11:48 AM

4,697 posts, read 4,334,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerg07 View Post
Livestock use more water than people.
I was reading this thread because I may want to move to Colorado one day. Population growth does create problems, but water wouldn't be as much of an issue if we didn't need so much livestock.
Go vegan, everybody! Why have feedlots in Colorado jammed with methane producing cows when we can have jammed together, high density townhouse neighborhoods that reach all the way to Limon? It's the new Colorado dream - a cute 400 sq ft apartment with walls so thin, you can bond with all your neighbors (whether they produce methane or not.)

Old 05-11-2016, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Go vegan, everybody! Why have feedlots in Colorado jammed with methane producing cows when we can have jammed together, high density townhouse neighborhoods that reach all the way to Limon? It's the new Colorado dream - a cute 400 sq ft apartment with walls so thin, you can bond with all your neighbors (whether they produce methane or not.)
I am a vegetarian but not a vegan I like eggs to much.

Old 05-11-2016, 03:44 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
22,403 posts, read 39,732,014 times
... . Eat more Beef . By Colorado stockman's association

That is the Colorado bumper sticker I remember... (Long before the NAIVE
Colorado license plate style bumper sticker (circa 1975)

Old 05-11-2016, 03:49 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,079,489 times
So do termites, elephants, wetlands, and rice production.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or