U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2016, 10:09 AM

4 posts, read 4,840 times

Advertisements

Hi, I currently live in Seattle and I'm looking to move to Colorado so my husband can be closer to family. The cost of living here is getting out of hand. I'm looking for the best area that's pretty close to everything. Help please. I have no children and I'm a local actor here. Any suggestions. Also my spouse works in the tech industry. I was originally thinking Fort Collins but most people recommend staying away.

Thanks
Cyndi
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2016, 11:39 AM

4,030 posts, read 7,691,404 times
Where is husband's family?

Looking to rent or own? Budget?

Define "best area". "Best" for what?

Define "close to everything". What's "everything"?

Your post is WAY too ambiguous for us to give you any reasonable responses.

Old 05-30-2016, 01:13 PM

4 posts, read 4,840 times
When I refer to best I mean safe, near amenities stuff like that. We are looking to rent while we are renting out our house here in Washington. The job market is also a key factor.

Old 05-30-2016, 01:27 PM

11,719 posts, read 19,711,228 times
Denver obviously, but you won't save much on rent/housing in comparison to Seattle anymore.

Old 05-30-2016, 01:58 PM

1,795 posts, read 2,389,355 times
I'd consider Broomfield or close by to be near work and other activity options.

Denver area housing is way up but Seattle proper housing is still much higher on average than the Denver suburbs and most but not all Denver city neighborhoods.

Old 05-30-2016, 05:55 PM

1,822 posts, read 854,951 times
I wonder if a relocation to Colorado would really solve the issues at hand. What if they don't make a significant enough difference? In addition, what if CO is found to be less appealing than WA? I hope you are not overlooking other areas/states. This would be the time to do that research and investigating, not after another move. You don't want to use up a lot of money, time, and effort moving, and then say to yourselves "Hmmm, we should have done more research".

The more possibilities you consider, along with plenty of research, will give you the best hope for a wise relocation. Most of the critical choices will be made my you, since we will never know your situation and preferences as well as you.

Last edited by Sunderpig2; 05-30-2016 at 06:04 PM..

Old 05-31-2016, 01:02 PM

1,289 posts, read 627,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlecyndi View Post
When I refer to best I mean safe, near amenities stuff like that. We are looking to rent while we are renting out our house here in Washington. The job market is also a key factor.
Lots of safe places here. So amenities like horseback riding or boating or bars, or pro sports, or mountains or what?? It can take a day to drive across Colorado. How close to family? How close to "everything" if we can define what the everything consists of? Denver is as populous as Seattle, but is much more spread out and costs can be as high as many place sin the Seattle metro.

Old 05-31-2016, 03:19 PM

134 posts, read 78,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlecyndi View Post
Hi, I currently live in Seattle and I'm looking to move to Colorado so my husband can be closer to family. The cost of living here is getting out of hand. I'm looking for the best area that's pretty close to everything. Help please. I have no children and I'm a local actor here. Any suggestions. Also my spouse works in the tech industry. I was originally thinking Fort Collins but most people recommend staying away.

Thanks
Cyndi
Where in "Seattle" do you live? In the actual city?

"Tech industry" can mean so many things. What does your spouse actually do?

Old 06-01-2016, 04:51 PM

11,252 posts, read 14,517,741 times
Default Here are Colorado's 10 most affordable cities

http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/ne...le-cities.html

1. Lamar
Milliken
Frederick
Sterling
Wellington
Fort Morgan
Johnstown
Firestone
Parker
10.Evans

Old 06-01-2016, 06:34 PM

10,555 posts, read 18,656,895 times
Well that's an informative post. I'm sure that some folks moving from Seattle Washington would like to settle into such communities as Lamar, Sterling, Johnstown, Milliken, Frederick, Wellington, Fort Morgan, Firestone, etc.

Why don't you throw in Mumford, Joes, Vona, Bethune, Chivington, Cheyenne Wells, Arapahoe, Bristol, Pritchett, Wray, Holyoke, Idalia, Stratton, Merino, McClave, Hasty, Calhan, Simla, Hoenhe, Ignacio, Mancos, Paonia, Meeker and Haxtun for good measure? I'm sure their property tax and home owners insurance are stellar as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado