U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 05:29 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,536,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
As for liberals fleeing Colorado, again, I don't have a clue what you're talking about. Much of what you posted is baseless rhetoric. There is no data to back any of it up.
If a population exodus from Colorado begins, I have a feeling that it will be comprised mostly of retirement-age conservatives with entirely political reasons for leaving (with the livelihood they earned in CO, of course). They, like conservative Californians, will disperse to smaller, redder states and help to swing them so far to the right that they'll eventually be unrecognizable to their long-term residents.

That's just my theory...

Old 06-24-2016, 09:26 PM

6,905 posts, read 6,499,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Liberty View Post
I never implied that liberals are fleeing Colorado. They are fleeing TO Colorado. Most of the transplants were Californians but now people from all over are moving to the state, and most of them are moving for the weed. Most weed smokers are left wingers. Yes the state is mixed in terms of politicians, but that is lately, before the last set of elections and recalls the Democrats had majority and that's why a bunch of crap started getting passed while good bills got shot down. They forced through a bunch of anti-gun garbage but yet they turned down Jessicas law. They also turned down a bill that would prohibit welfare users from using their EBT cards at strip clubs and liquor stores. The majority of Colorado is now a sanctuary state for illegals and, once again, it was the Democrats who we're behind it. Colorado Republicans aren't much better. Most of them are RINOs.
People who lean completely one way, and don't see the problems their politicians cause, are a problem.
Actually state law already prohibits EBT transactions at liquor stores. You and your ilk are out to punish people on government assistance by pointing out a few abuses by a few bad actors. The logic here is the same as me saying to you that since some people use guns badly, all guns should be illegal. You don't like that reasoning very much but you're fine using it when it comes to people who can't afford to buy food. Nice.

As for your comment that most people moving to Colorado are moving for the weed, it is completely delusional. Show me some data to back this up. Hell, look at the Denver page on this forum. Most people are moving here for jobs or because they like the outdoors and the weather.

And you absolutely said that liberals flee liberal states. California actually has a growing population. Not sure how that fits in to the bs you're slinging.

I have some more bad news for your "potheads are moving here for legal pot and turning Colorado liberal" narrative. The magazine size limit and background check laws were passed in the 2013 legislative session. Recreational marijuana passed in November of 2012. If in fact , legal pot brought liberals to Colorado, who then elected a democratic house and senate, who in turn passed liberal gun control laws, your timeline is completely screwed. The reality is pot has nothing to do with turning Colorado liberal. You've got it completely backwards. Pot is legal because Colorado has always leaned liberal/libertarian. Going back 40 years, Bill Owens is the only Republican governor we've had. In that same time period, we've had 4 Democratic governors. We elected Gary Hart to the Senate in 1974.

Politics hasn't gotten dramatically different here. You've just lived in a bubble your entire life and now that information is so readily available, your world has exploded. The genie's not going back in the bottle. Sorry.

Last edited by SkyDog77; 06-24-2016 at 09:40 PM..

Old 06-24-2016, 10:06 PM

2,659 posts, read 2,307,776 times
Quote:
Actually state law already prohibits EBT transactions at liquor stores. You and your ilk are out to punish people on government assistance by pointing out a few abuses by a few bad actors. The logic here is the same as me saying to you that since some people use guns badly, all guns should be illegal. You don't like that reasoning very much but you're fine using it when it comes to people who can't afford to buy food. Nice.

As for your comment that most people moving to Colorado are moving for the weed, it is completely delusional. Show me some data to back this up. Hell, look at the Denver page on this forum. Most people are moving here for jobs or because they like the outdoors and the weather.

And you absolutely said that liberals flee liberal states. California actually has a growing population. Not sure how that fits in to the bs you're slinging.

I have some more bad news for your "potheads are moving here for legal pot and turning Colorado liberal" narrative. The magazine size limit and background check laws were passed in the 2013 legislative session. Recreational marijuana passed in November of 2012. If in fact , legal pot brought liberals to Colorado, who then elected a democratic house and senate, who in turn passed liberal gun control laws, your timeline is completely screwed. The reality is pot has nothing to do with turning Colorado liberal. You've got it completely backwards. Pot is legal because Colorado has always leaned liberal/libertarian. Going back 40 years, Bill Owens is the only Republican governor we've had. In that same time period, we've had 4 Democratic governors. We elected Gary Hart to the Senate in 1974.

Politics hasn't gotten dramatically different here. You've just lived in a bubble your entire life and now that information is so readily available, your world has exploded. The genie's not going back in the bottle. Sorry.
Liberals are probably fleeing their blue states at a higher rate more so than conservatives moving from red states to blue states, you can't deny that. Where in the news about demographics do you see conservatives 'invading' blue state and making it turn purple to red? Colorado in the 1980s and 1990s was better than the new Colorado of 2010s and 2020s.

Old 06-24-2016, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
Liberals are probably fleeing their blue states at a higher rate more so than conservatives moving from red states to blue states, you can't deny that. Where in the news about demographics do you see conservatives 'invading' blue state and making it turn purple to red? Colorado in the 1980s and 1990s was better than the new Colorado of 2010s and 2020s.
The demographics of the entire country are turning more liberal. You are presenting a false narrative.

I don't even know what to say to someone who says something as subjective as Colorado of the 80s was better. It doesn't address the reality that Colorado had Democratic governors and Senators during that time period so if your really do think that it was better here then, how do you justify blaming democrats for the current awesomeness.

If you're unhappy, take some ownership. https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...the-blame-game

Old 06-24-2016, 10:22 PM

Quote:
The demographics of the entire country are turning more liberal. You are presenting a false narrative.

I don't even know what to say to someone who says something as subjective as Colorado of the 80s was better. It doesn't address the reality that Colorado had Democratic governors and Senators during that time period so if your really do think that it was better here then, how do you justify blaming democrats for the current awesomeness.

If you're unhappy, take some ownership. https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...the-blame-game
I disagree. Look at the election of West Virginia from 2000 to 2012, it swung right.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electi..._West_Virginia

Old 06-24-2016, 10:24 PM

Quote:
I disagree. Look at the election of West Virginia from 2000 to 2012, it swung right.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electi..._West_Virginia
Must have been conservatives fleeing their states and turning WV red.

You missed my point completely. The country as a whole is turning more liberal. That doesn't mean every single part of the country is more liberal.

Old 06-24-2016, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Must have been conservatives fleeing their states and turning WV red.

You missed my point completely. The country as a whole is turning more liberal. That doesn't mean every single part of the country is more liberal.
You can thank the worthless Millennials.

Old 06-24-2016, 10:32 PM

Quote:
You can thank the worthless Millennials.
I'm sure Donald Trump will fix everything.

Old 06-24-2016, 10:34 PM

Quote:
I'm sure Donald Trump will fix everything.
I'm not voting Donald Trump, not voting Hillary. They're both egotistical, pompous loudmouth buffoons.

Old 06-24-2016, 10:35 PM

Quote:
I'm not voting Donald Trump, not voting Hillary. They're both egotistical, pompous loudmouth buffoons.
But then how can we ever make America Great Again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or