U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 12:44 PM

1,716 posts, read 1,579,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Liberty View Post
You can definitely tell which people are liberals replying to you.... It still irritates me to no end that so many people feel that they have the right to invade a state, take it over, change it for the worst, then push everyone else out. The pretentiousness of these people's attitudes still astounds me. Oh and for the people who say Colorado has a live and let live attitude, well that's not really the case now when you're listings exceptions. Every state that gets invaded by liberals is miserable for everyone who isnt liberal, which is a lot more people than some seem to think....
Apparently not enough......

Old 06-24-2016, 01:01 PM

3,249 posts, read 1,615,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownnola View Post
Agreed. I keep seeing posts about Denver and Colorado Springs being full of crime, rude people, etc. I don't think some people realize how good we have it in Colorado.
Luckily, I have never lived in cities New Orleans, Baltimore and St. Louis. I would guess that Colorado Springs and Denver would be paradise compared to them.

There are some awful cities out there but there are also some very good ones. I personally admire and respect metropolitan areas that have very low unemployment rate, good living costs, excellent amenities and are well-run with good public services.

I have lived in Salt Lake City, Ogden, Orem, Gilbert and Mesa (Arizona), Omaha, Lincoln, Louisville (KY), Reno and Las Vegas.

Las Vegas and Mesa were awful in my personal opinion for my circumstances but all the other cities I have lived have been very nice.

I am not an international traveler like many of this forum, but I love road trips and have stayed in many metropolitan areas for a week or two when I was younger.

I don't understand what is so great about Colorado. Denver is a decent city but very overpriced.

Another thing about Colorado is that much of it has became very, very pretentious just in the last several years.

In the 1990s, this state had an excellent economy, excellent living costs and low barriers to entry and it was very friendly and humble.

In 2016, the state is increasingly pretentious and fixated on upscale lifestyles. The people really here all the sudden have a nothing but the best obsession.

Not even a decade ago it seemed like even the nicest Denver neighborhoods were full of Suburu's and Camry now it basically Land Rover central.

Obviously, Denver is an economic powerhouse for many as it has gained 250,000 jobs since 2010 but the median household income and median home price does not match up.

Colorado Springs as someone else said other then the amazing views is a 2nd rate city.

Many of the big defenders of Colorado Springs live in Peregrine, Rockrimmon, Broadmoor and Erindale which are very nice neighborhoods that are against the mountains filled with empty-nesters and retirees.

Colorado Springs is a huge city by land area so people stay in their little bubbles. I have lived in many cities and the southern-half of Colorado Springs is as bad as any city I have ever seen.

I certainly recommend Colorado Springs for retirees but for most other's it is an awful city.

Colorado Springs is WAY beneath many similar sized metropolitan areas like Omaha and Des Moines that it is laughable.

I do understand that Colorado is heaven on earth to many but overall I am just not impressed. It is either very expensive or the economy is very bad. There is not one metropolitan area in Colorado that has a the combination of very reasonable housing costs and a very good economy.

I am not well-off at all, so for me my highest priority is an excellent economy, low cost of living and excellent amenities and being around big-box retailers and chains.

Last edited by lovecrowds; 06-24-2016 at 01:19 PM..

Old 06-24-2016, 01:05 PM

6,904 posts, read 6,496,831 times
Quote:
You can definitely tell which people are liberals replying to you.... It still irritates me to no end that so many people feel that they have the right to invade a state, take it over, change it for the worst, then push everyone else out. The pretentiousness of these people's attitudes still astounds me. Oh and for the people who say Colorado has a live and let live attitude, well that's not really the case now when you're listings exceptions. Every state that gets invaded by liberals is miserable for everyone who isnt liberal, which is a lot more people than some seem to think....
My native liberal family has been here since the 1800s. When did you invade? This nativist logic you are spewing is such a crock. You and I don't own anymore of this state than the real estate we've bought.

Old 06-24-2016, 02:45 PM

794 posts, read 289,120 times
"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Miss Liberty again"

Old 06-24-2016, 03:44 PM

36 posts, read 35,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
You must be from a small town the Springs is incredibly safe compared to many other cities.
Oh I agree, but I have seen it get worse and worse over the years. I use to love the SPrings but it's becoming a bit too much like Denver imo. I grew up in Golden, Colorado, and I was fortunate enough to enjoy it before the massive buildup that is going on there now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBaldBlur View Post
"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Miss Liberty again"
=D

Old 06-24-2016, 03:58 PM

13,227 posts, read 24,316,643 times
Quote:
Now that it is sliding further and further left it is starting to have some major problems.
The sun is still coming up every day, and there is still water coming out of the faucet.

Old 06-24-2016, 04:19 PM

6,904 posts, read 6,496,831 times
Quote:
I didn't invade, and I never said I own the state. I am however allowed to voice my distaste to what the state has become. Since you are a liberal I'm sure you just think it is so wonderful that all of the far left liberals from both coasts have flooded the state and are now making it that blue, un-affordable, drug loving, welfare leeching, sanctuary state utopia. Yet all of you on the left who are so convinced that your policies and agendas are gospel, and should be worshiped and followed by everyone else, keep fleeing the states that are completely run by said policies and agendas. I guess if they were so great then you would stay in what you've created. For the record I am not a republican, and don't think the state should be far right either. When Colorado was more in the middle it was much better off. Now that it is sliding further and further left it is starting to have some major problems.
You absolutely claimed that "outsiders" are ruining the state which very clearly implies some sort of native ownership.

Frankly though, I don't have a clue what you are talking about politically. Colorado has a centrist Democratic governor, a Republican Senate, and a Democratic House. In our most recent statewide election, we had a Republican defeat an incumbent US Senator. Our current Democratic US Senator who is standing for election in Nivember has been identified by the RNC as the most vulnerable Democrat up for reelection.

Our current Congressional Delegation in Washington consists of

1 Republican Senator
1 Democratic Senator
4 Republican House Members
3 Democratic House Members

Where is this crazy liberal takeover you're talking about?

As for liberals fleeing Colorado, again, I don't have a clue what you're talking about. Much of what you posted is baseless rhetoric. There is no data to back any of it up.

Old 06-24-2016, 04:25 PM

34,930 posts, read 31,961,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
I'm a "smile and nod" liberal. Meaning, when a crusty old man comes up to me at a bar, and tells me that he can't wait to vote for Trump (true story), I just smile and nod, and I let him believe his beliefs have some level of validity (which is what I would want somebody to do to me).

I don't think I've ever had a liberal come up to me and try to push or share their views with me....EVER in life. Anywhere.

I didn't know political discussion/discourse could be that suffocating.....

We liberals are boring anyhow.
If you want that come to CA. I've got plenty of friends I left in CO that will do that too. Open bar discussions with anyone who will listen.

Old 06-24-2016, 04:49 PM

3,249 posts, read 1,615,791 times
Quote:
I didn't invade, and I never said I own the state. I am however allowed to voice my distaste to what the state has become. Since you are a liberal I'm sure you just think it is so wonderful that all of the far left liberals from both coasts have flooded the state and are now making it that blue, un-affordable, drug loving, welfare leeching, sanctuary state utopia. Yet all of you on the left who are so convinced that your policies and agendas are gospel, and should be worshiped and followed by everyone else, keep fleeing the states that are completely run by said policies and agendas. I guess if they were so great then you would stay in what you've created. For the record I am not a republican, and don't think the state should be far right either. When Colorado was more in the middle it was much better off. Now that it is sliding further and further left it is starting to have some major problems.
I would take the California liberals over what this state is attracting as of late.

In both Colorado Springs and Denver go to any area with a high concentration of apartments and a majority of the cars have out of state license plates from all over the country.

Ohio, Nebraska, Iowa, Arkansas, New York, North Dakota license plates all over the place. I see many, many cars in front of old apartment buildings and retail establishments from people with out of license plates from more rural states.

I have lived in many states and it is incredible the economic and social dreams of many who move here.

I actually don't see many California plates. Most of the plates I see are from the Midwest, Texas, Oklahoma and the Northeast.

Alot of the people moving here seem to be liberals from very conservative states. They likely think "oh, Colorado what an undiscovered gem filled with a liberal, utopian lifestyle" lets move there it will be Alpine paradise like the movies.

Most people moving here this go around are economic dreamers who want to have it all.

Another common trend as of late is people wanting to move here with extremely low budgets and thinking they will have an Alpine, ski resort lifestyle with perfect ivy-league quality preparation schools and lavish subsidized daycare centers.

More and more people are idealists who are overly optimistic about the lifestyle they will live in Colorado.

Lots of Californians moved here in the 90s and I think they made this state much more interesting and added the energy that needed after the major economic bust in the late 1980s.

The new wave of people moving in is comprised of many economic dreamers who want to have it all.

The new arrivals are far more pretentious then anything I have encountered in California and any wave of immigration into this state from the past.

Last edited by lovecrowds; 06-24-2016 at 05:04 PM..

Old 06-24-2016, 04:58 PM

13,227 posts, read 24,316,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
If you want that come to CA. I've got plenty of friends I left in CO that will do that too. Open bar discussions with anyone who will listen.
CA is home. Everything about it makes sense to me.

Still trying to figure out this square state....did you know that you can't buy M&M's at liquor stores here? I'm outraged!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or