U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2006, 07:29 AM

2,232 posts, read 5,351,743 times

Advertisements

The Front Range of Colorado holds a lot of appeal. Beautiful scenery, 300 days of sunshine a year. Homes are at least a bit cheaper than Chicago, and property taxes are dramatically less. However, while I enjoy looking at the mountains, and would enjoy a couple of hours on a well maintained trail, I am not an outdoors person. I shudder at the thought of backcountry hiking, camping, rafting, etc. Would I have difficulty fitting in out west? Is this a passion that everyone shares?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2006, 08:12 AM
Status: "Celebrating 30 years as a Broker" (set 21 days ago)

10,885 posts, read 29,317,265 times
what is it that you like to do?

Old 11-26-2006, 09:12 AM

66 posts, read 450,581 times
Not everybody is an outdoor enthusiast who lives along the Front Range.

You can take walks or bike rides to enjoy the scenery and weather. You can drive to one of the National Parks and enjoy the surrounding scenery without having to hike into the back country.

Or. Take another route, and enjoy the arts and theater. There are lots of things to do. You'll fit in.

Old 11-27-2006, 01:40 PM

4,308 posts, read 11,776,739 times
Wink You'll be fine

Prairiestate,
I don't bike, run or even ski (horrors) and I have plenty to do with friends who have similar lifestyles. There are lots of cultural opportunities around, not just in Denver, and excellent libraries, art galleries, museums, movies, shopping. It really depends on what you're into and how much effort you want to make. There are a few lakes/reservoirs around with trails around them such as the Boulder reservoir, Coot and Lily Lakes, and I'm sure many more. And, of course, horseback riding if you're into that.

Old 11-28-2006, 03:30 PM

210 posts, read 1,257,424 times
Not a problem..... Denver's pretty diverse in lifestyles and attractions and things to do. I enjoy walking or biking along city trails, but I have never skiied, or backpacked, and I hated camping (the two times I have done it) and I have lived in the Denver area my entire life! Without knowing your specific interests, it's hard to point you towards one group or activity, but there is definitely much more going on in Denver than outdoor-oriented activities. I'm sure you could find something that would fit your interests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or