Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 10:57 PM

22 posts, read 70,196 times

Advertisements

What's the current land price situation in Walsenburg?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2016, 12:06 AM

8,489 posts, read 8,771,754 times
Without water, power to the site (yet or ever), possibly on dirt roads, with little tree cover... cheap. With some, most or all the desirables, less cheap but probably less than most CO places. A good part of real estate prices is based on availability / quality of nearby jobs. Walsenburg will have some but at the level of a small town. On the interstate but a good ways from bigger cities.

Old 07-14-2016, 09:13 AM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
It would help if we knew the reason you were interested in land in Colorado.

We've a lot of threads on land in and around the San Luis Valley (SLV) that warn people of the land swindles going on as they sell worthless arid land to people who haven't done their due diligence on all facets of land ownership - especially the insane laws on ownership, access and use of water. The advice in those threads is almost totally applicable to land anywhere in COLO.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 07-15-2016, 03:56 PM

1,355 posts, read 1,942,727 times
I truly believe Walsenburg has potential for a real estate bubble. After Denver, Colorado Springs, and Pueblo a little max out in housing prices comparable to California, then either Walsenburg or La Junta is next.

Old 07-16-2016, 06:58 PM

Interesting development: Walsenburg allowing tiny houses. The World
Salida apparently too, to some degree. Commercial builder is the focus of the article but I assume others can do the same.

Old 07-17-2016, 01:33 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,548,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltchan View Post
I truly believe Walsenburg has potential for a real estate bubble. After Denver, Colorado Springs, and Pueblo a little max out in housing prices comparable to California, then either Walsenburg or La Junta is next.
You're going to be waiting for a while on that.

Old 10-13-2016, 08:24 AM

1,943 posts, read 2,294,075 times
looking for articles information o the current situation with the " mini house " development in Walsenburg ..?

Old 10-13-2016, 10:08 AM

This article from March 2016 Tiny house trends: Sprout looks to 'dominate' market as developer of nation's largest tiny home community | Construction Dive suggests the tiny houses are getting more interest from empty nesters than young people and that the development in Salida is moving faster than Walsenburg. http://sprouttinyhomes.com/salida-community/ This company is making pretty pricey units for the size.

For all the talk about significant actions coming this summer, I can't find any articles that document it. Even the company's site still refers to them as planned communities and just show drawings instead of photos of the real thing.

Salida community was presented as all lease based. If you are desperate for any housing in Salida it might work. But it would reduce the appeal to me. I wouldn't be thrilled to pay nearly the same for a super tiny rental as a traditional one and be surrounded by even more neighbors. I think a lot of people want to own, not rent.

There was an article about the group of friends buying a piece of property in the southeast U.S. to site a group of tiny houses. Maybe tiny house movement will look up with co-housing / intentional community movement. Might be better to live close together with intentionally chosen neighbors than just whoever wants to buy or lease them.

Apparently there is a tiny hotel complex in Lyons, CO. But the price they are charging is quite high imo. The point to me of going tiny was cost saving, not chic novelty.

Last edited by NW Crow; 10-13-2016 at 11:00 AM..

Old 10-13-2016, 11:57 AM

135 posts, read 153,507 times
Damn thats crazy, people are actually talking about moving to and buying land in Walsenburg. I never thought id see the day.

Old 10-13-2016, 03:31 PM

3,961 posts, read 4,384,986 times
Unless they need to work and don't have skills that can be utilized by the Penal System.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado