U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2006, 12:42 PM

3 posts, read 9,261 times

Advertisements

I am a permanent resident, moved from The Netherlands to NYS in June 2004.My wife is from NY and we are now both looking to move to Colorado, the Fort Collins, Loveland, or Estes Park area. It starts with finding a job...I am looking for employment in the insurance industry, and my wife for employment in the Human Services / Social work with developmentally disabled adults. I am fluent in 3 languages, English, Dutch and German, and hope to find a job where I can utilize these skills. Does anyone have any ideas for companies and not-for profit agencies in this area in Colorado? We are looking to relocate in spring or summer 2007. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. And if there are any Dutch or German speaking folks around that like to say hello, please do .
Thanks. Jan and Denise
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2006, 02:43 AM

827 posts, read 4,630,065 times
Wie geht es Ihnen? I wish I knew of more insurance companies headquartered in Colorado, but I do know the Great-West Life & Annuity Insurance Company is located in Colorado. Here is the address and phone number:
Great-West Life & Annuity Insurance Company
Corporate Headquarters:
8515 E. Orchard Road
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
800-537-2033

Maybe they can help? You can Google Great-West Life & Annuity Insurance Company and find their web site. Good Luck on your search!
Auf Wiedersehen

Old 11-27-2006, 02:53 AM

13,382 posts, read 40,850,925 times
Jan
There are Dutch and German organizations in Denver which you may find helpful.
Check out this link:
http://www.dubbeldutchdenver.com/dutchindenver.htm (broken link)

We met a couple folks from the Netherlands, and many many Germans at various soccer (football) functions while living in Denver. They're out there, you just have to find them.

Old 11-27-2006, 05:55 PM

3 posts, read 9,261 times
Thank you Crackerjack and Cil..... extremely helpful information, and a start. We are very excited about making this dream a reality, and since I made a major move from Europe to the U.S., my wife and I know we can make our dream of moving from NYS to Colorado a reality too.
Crackerjack, vielen dank fur Ihren Antwort!
Cil, the dubbeldutchdenver site is awesome!
Thank you both so much!

Old 11-27-2006, 11:29 PM

827 posts, read 4,630,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvgerner View Post
Crackerjack, vielen dank fur Ihren Antwort!
Du bist willkommen! Mach's gut!

Old 02-14-2007, 11:21 AM

27 posts, read 143,769 times
Hoe gaat het? Ik hoop fijn. Mijn moeder en vader zijn ook Nederlandse mensen. Wij wil ook naar Colorado gaan maar is een beetje duur on to moving. Maar ja, wij doet our beste. Ik kan niet zo veel Nederlands spreken omdat ik ben en eg Americanse vrouw. Wij will naar Colorado Springs gaan.
Beste,
konijn

MODERATOR ADDS: Language of city-data is English. Please use translation software. I did it for you in this case, which comes out: "How does it go? I hope fine. My mother and father also Dutch men are. We want to go also to Colorado but am a little bit duration on to moving. Only yes, we does our best. I cannot so a lot of Dutch speak because I am and eg Americanse woman. We want to go to Colorado Springs. Best"

Last edited by Mike from back east; 02-14-2007 at 01:14 PM.. Reason: All postings need to be in English. Thank you.

Old 02-14-2007, 11:36 AM

10,189 posts, read 24,871,709 times
It seems you write better than you take credit. I understood it all with my poor and long-lost Dutch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by konijn View Post
Hoe gaat het? Ik hoop fijn. Mijn moeder en vader zijn ook Nederlandse mensen. Wij wil ook naar Colorado gaan maar is een beetje duur on to moving. Maar ja, wij doet our beste. Ik kan niet zo veel Nederlands spreken omdat ik ben en eg Americanse vrouw. Wij will naar Colorado Springs gaan.
Beste,
konijn

Old 02-28-2008, 01:46 PM

1 posts, read 3,151 times
Default New to Colorado

Hi, my name is Dagmar, and I am new to Colorado. I am a certified translator/interpreter for German and Dutch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or