U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2016, 11:22 AM

31 posts, read 29,530 times

Advertisements

I have a flexible schedule. I am thinking about buying a house in the winter. Will home prices drop?

Fort Collins - Loveland area.

Any comments or concerns are welcomed, thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2016, 11:37 AM

5,311 posts, read 2,757,146 times
They might. But houses might also be taken off the market in the slow season.

Old 07-30-2016, 11:42 AM

I use to be a real estate agent. I keep an eye on the ones that expired/off market. Then I send them a letter asking if they are still interested in selling. Tricks of the trade.

Old 07-30-2016, 04:33 PM

6,904 posts, read 6,496,831 times
The info you want is in one of the charts on this link:

Average Home Price & Market Trends Report | Denver Colorado

Old 07-30-2016, 05:40 PM
Status: "Celebrating 30 years as a Broker" (set 19 days ago)

10,882 posts, read 29,310,762 times
Seller's, who are *very motivated* might let a below market offer get to closing in November, December and January.

Old 07-30-2016, 06:20 PM

6,904 posts, read 6,496,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
Seller's, who are *very motivated* might let a below market offer get to closing in November, December and January.
The data backs this up.

Old 07-30-2016, 07:48 PM

Thanks, that is some great information.

Old 07-31-2016, 11:02 AM

1,822 posts, read 1,390,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surftherain View Post
I have a flexible schedule. I am thinking about buying a house in the winter. Will home prices drop?

Fort Collins - Loveland area.
I don't think that trick works in Fort Collins. They're are too many around who are thinking the same thing, and can lay low and play along with the timing as they wish. They even hang out in rented dwellings to keep a daily eye on the scene. They are just too many people wanting to move here, and too fixated on pulling it off, no matter how expensive it might get with the bidding wars. The only difference in winter seems to be slightly (and I mean in slightly) less competition, but no price difference. You can try it though if it means that much to you. The town gets stranger ever day though. Much of the traditional and down-to-earth quality in people is fading away. The high rollers have been moving in. Rudeness is going up. People are trying to outdo each other. Traffic is getting worse. The circus has come to town.

Last edited by Sunderpig2; 07-31-2016 at 11:23 AM..

Old 07-31-2016, 12:20 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
22,401 posts, read 39,713,740 times
Winter has less buyers and sellers, so stuff often moves fast (not always cheap)

Get your favorite places picked out, and contact owners directly. ( most of your favorites will not be for sale)

I too contact owners of interesting properties in Dec - March and remind them of my interest in buying about tax time. I have over 50% success. I pay cash, and do all my own inspections / due diligence / title company work)
Over 30 properties bought and sold. Used realtors twice, it was horrible / slow / expensive (i.e. Thousands of dollars per hour) . I bought two USA properties from Thailand (working there). Wire funds and you can close in a few days, realtors aren't usually that creative. They have one thing on their mind, commission. It was nice to recently be in UK where commisions are 0.5% rather than 7%. (A whole different priority for realtors)

All the info you needs is on county GIS site.

I am not rich or a high roller. I keep a HELOC and. Margin acct to lend myself money to buy bargain properties. I also buy using LLCs in my IRA. (You cannot do this on a house where you will live).

Good luck, be creative, know what you want, what you will pay and JUMP on it!

Old 07-31-2016, 12:32 PM

95 posts, read 50,571 times
I think it is an opportunity for someone who wants to invest

* This is an opportunity to buy real estate in the winter and sell the property in the summer

Good luck to all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or