U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-20-2008, 12:12 AM

2 posts, read 6,817 times
Cool Salida rental and relocation help!

Hi there...my husband and I just read about 15 pages of CO postings and learned a ton...however, we need help! We are relocating within the month for our jobs...we were offered jobs in Salida and want to live in town or Poncha Springs. We'll have jobs! But, possibly no place to live! From what we've heard from realtors and others in the area, the rental market is extremely tight and hard to find rentals. Does anyone have a lead where we could find a 6mo.-1year lease on a house for 2 people and an nice old, 35lb border collie mix? Unlike many relocating to CO, we don't have a huge wad of cash burning a hole in our pockets to move or buy a house right away but would love to find something comfortable until our house sells and we can afford to buy something again. We've checked the local papers and checked with realtors. Any other ideas? Please email me if you know of anyone looking for two mature, responsible, non-smoking renters. Please help!!!!!!!!! We're trying to get out of rainy, cloudy Washington State by 3/15 and trying to get to the sun of CO! Thank you!
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2008, 12:34 PM

73 posts, read 101,448 times
Try the online classifieds of the Mountain Mail (from Salida) here > Click here (http://www.themountainmail.com/main.asp?SectionID=10&SubSectionID=56&BrowseClass= 1&Category=70 - broken link)

Or here > Click here (http://www.themountainmail.com/main.asp?SectionID=10&SubSectionID=99&BrowseClass= 1&Category=95 - broken link)

Or to get a better feel day by day of the area > Front page click here

I read it everyday, longing to get out of present death trap city I now live in and finalize our floor plan livable, so to start construction on our property outside of Salida.

Happy hunting!

Old 02-21-2008, 01:19 PM

587 posts, read 283,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onehotzonie View Post
Try the online classifieds of the Mountain Mail (from Salida) here > Click here (http://www.themountainmail.com/main.asp?SectionID=10&SubSectionID=56&BrowseClass= 1&Category=70 - broken link)

Or here > Click here (http://www.themountainmail.com/main.asp?SectionID=10&SubSectionID=99&BrowseClass= 1&Category=95 - broken link)

Or to get a better feel day by day of the area > Front page click here

I read it everyday, longing to get out of present death trap city I now live in and finalize our floor plan livable, so to start construction on our property outside of Salida.

Happy hunting!
What "death trap city" do you live in?

and by they way, Salida is a really neat little town....

Old 02-21-2008, 01:29 PM

73 posts, read 101,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaffeetrekker View Post
What "death trap city" do you live in?

and by they way, Salida is a really neat little town....
Phoenix and agree, Salida is a really neat little town!

Living there will be a different way of life for this big city guy.

Old 02-22-2008, 10:37 AM

2 posts, read 6,817 times
thanks everyone....we have been reading the mountain mail and checking the classifieds for a couple weeks now...looking forward to our visit next week to check out the "really neat little town!" i appreciate your responses!

Old 02-22-2008, 01:41 PM

587 posts, read 283,104 times
If I remember correctly, there are 2 nice Motels that are very dog friendly. My favorite is the Woodland Motel located in town and the American Motel on Hwy 50 at the Hot Springs (owned by a Polish couple) LOL....Woodland has a web site and both should be real cheap now at off season....

Old 09-01-2010, 11:18 PM

8 posts, read 22,752 times
That was two years ago but even rental digs are cheap.... the surroundings just take your breath away from whatever direction you care to look at here.

Old 09-02-2010, 08:26 AM

530 posts, read 721,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madrad View Post
Hi there...my husband and I just read about 15 pages of CO postings and learned a ton...however, we need help! We are relocating within the month for our jobs...we were offered jobs in Salida and want to live in town or Poncha Springs. We'll have jobs! But, possibly no place to live! From what we've heard from realtors and others in the area, the rental market is extremely tight and hard to find rentals. Does anyone have a lead where we could find a 6mo.-1year lease on a house for 2 people and an nice old, 35lb border collie mix? Unlike many relocating to CO, we don't have a huge wad of cash burning a hole in our pockets to move or buy a house right away but would love to find something comfortable until our house sells and we can afford to buy something again. We've checked the local papers and checked with realtors. Any other ideas? Please email me if you know of anyone looking for two mature, responsible, non-smoking renters. Please help!!!!!!!!! We're trying to get out of rainy, cloudy Washington State by 3/15 and trying to get to the sun of CO! Thank you!
This is even stranger than the post about the couple who's job allows them to move around at will whenever they decide.

I guess stranger things could happen than two people getting jobs at once in a small city being from out-of-state but a check of the local paper reveals rentals at pretty reasonable prices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado