Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 05:01 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,238,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virontka View Post
I am a single mother with 4 kids. I break and train horses for myself to support my kids. I've worked cows my whole life. My current landlord sold the farm we are living on, giving me one month to move my family and horses. This is an impossible feat we face. Surely there is some one out there who knows some one, who knows some one that may have an old farm house they would be willing to rent us. I am no stranger to fixing up houses and barns and fence building nor are my kids. If any one out there have any ideas please email me at coltsrode@aol.com or phone me at 719-336-1056.
You sound like a single rancher's dream catch. You should post this in the personals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2010, 10:39 PM

3 posts, read 7,793 times
Default Thanks-CAVA1990

Thanks for the advice, however that is not the way I would want to find a place to live.

Old 04-25-2010, 10:42 PM

3 posts, read 7,793 times
I am a single mother with 4 kids. I break and train horses for myself to support my kids. I've worked cows my whole life. My current landlord sold the farm we are living on, giving me one month to move my family and horses. This is an impossible feat we face. Surely there is some one out there who knows some one, who knows some one that may have an old farm house they would be willing to rent us. I am no stranger to fixing up houses and barns and fence building nor are my kids.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 08-03-2014 at 02:34 PM..

Old 04-26-2010, 09:15 AM

6,288 posts, read 11,774,262 times
I don't see how anybody in Rifle would have negativity towards the Natural gas companies, since everybody in Rifle works for those companies and the town exists because of that industry.

Anyway it's a very small town which means you should find some similarities to the town you live in.

If you like outdoors stuff, there's a nice state park about 10 miles up the road, It's called "Rifle Gap" and it has a small lake and a bunch of spots for camping.

Old 07-28-2013, 09:59 PM

81 posts, read 105,826 times
Default Possilbe relocate to Rifle, CO - where to live? Utilities?

I may be getting a job in the next month that will be in the Rifle, CO area, and would appreciate any suggestions where to live! I would be relocating from the south, so the cost of living adjustment would be pretty different. From what I've looked at so far (mainly craigslist), starting off relocating to Rifle might be the best seeing as its cheaper than the Glenwood Springs area, and I fear Grand Junction may be more of a drive than I want (especially in winter).

I'd prefer to rent a house/duplex/townhouse, but for the first 6mo-year I'll probably have to take what I can get, especially as I probably won't have the $$/time to come out there to even look at places, it'll likely have to be done remotely with maybe someone local being able to at least visit the location to verify its a real place for me (not a scam), so I'm considering apartment complexes since that would at least be a known area. Are there any particular areas of town better that you'd recommend, or apartment complexes to check out? Or somewhere else to look at?

Also, what type of utilities are in the area? Gas/Electric/both? And does it run pretty high? For reference, I pay here ~ $120 in winter for Electric, which I find reasonable (currently don't have gas heat, which I hated in other places I lived because it was more than all my other utility bills combined!)

And if you have any other info or thoughts to add about living in this area, I'd appreciate them!

Old 08-15-2013, 10:35 AM

81 posts, read 105,826 times
Urgh, trying again since its been a couple weeks and suspect no one wants to look at an old thread (really mods, why did this have to be stuck in a thread that's several years old and probably has info that is outdated?) Anyways relocating is still a possibility at this point, should know in the next week or two, so I really could use some help!

Especially regarding apartment info in Rifle since that would be the easiest - but I can't find much info out about the complexes there, how good they are, any you'd stay away from, etc. Or even other nearby towns that are comparable price-wise, if there are any (e.g. New Castle, Silt, Parachute)

Please can someone help???

Old 08-15-2013, 11:15 AM

3,296 posts, read 9,685,665 times
It's been a while since i lived on the Western Slope, in Grand Junction, and I know Rifle has grown a bit since then (2008). However, I don't know how many apartment complexes Rifle has. It's a rural town that's growing due to the oil & gas industry, and I know that housing was in short supply during the latest gas boom.

If you are relocating due to a job or job transfer, you might ask the company you're working for if they have any suggestions regarding housing. You might also check out the local paper: Glenwood Springs Colorado and Rifle News and Information | PostIndependent.com
You could also post a housing wanted ad on the Western Slope Craigslist. You may, or may not, get any response.

I would also consider the towns of Parachute and Silt, and of course Glenwood Springs, although it sounds like it might be outside your budget. Rural Colorado is expensive compared with the wages. Good luck!

People actually do read old threads because they are bumped up to the top when someone posts, so in that regard I think you're fine. The problem is, there just hasn't been that many people who know much about Rifle on these boards. It's been that way since I first joined.

Old 08-15-2013, 11:35 AM

8,489 posts, read 8,771,754 times
Rental listings

Glenwood Springs Colorado Classified Ads | by PostIndependent.com

Old 08-03-2014, 01:55 PM

2 posts, read 1,817 times
Default Living in Rifle Colorado

Hi all, I am currently looking to move to rifle Colorado area for a new job. I had questions about the area, like , what's housing situation like haven't found a lot of rentals online, Which leads me to question 2, im used to commuting in Philadelphia, but don't know what a good commuting distance is there, worried about driving thru snow mostly or getting road closed. also is it far to a big supermarket? I am WAY ok with it being wide open spaces and rural that's how I grew up (OKLA) ex military used to an adventure. can anyone give me info on what its like in Rifle area ... Thank u in advance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado