U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 06:20 PM

11,715 posts, read 36,007,423 times

Advertisements

Its sort of a glass half full vs. half empty question. How do you view Castle Rock's location? Its roughly half way between Denver and Colorado Springs, but more importantly for me, its relatively close to Denver's southern suburbs and Colorado Springs' northern suburbs which are both areas that are growing and which appeal to me most.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2008, 07:07 PM

26,346 posts, read 83,102,694 times
If I didn't work at Schreiver AFB which is ten miles east of Colorado Springs, we would have strongly considered Castle Rock.

Old 02-23-2008, 11:23 PM

1,082 posts, read 4,303,448 times
I guess for a Californian the commute would be great; the stretch of I-25 from C. spgs to Denver is my least favorite in the state.

Old 02-23-2008, 11:44 PM

5,748 posts, read 10,776,189 times
It's a hike from Castle Rock to the Springs, but the commute to south Denver isn't bad at all once you get to I-25. If you will be spending a lot of time commuting, I suggest looking at the neighborhoods close to the highway.

Old 02-24-2008, 01:11 AM

11,715 posts, read 36,007,423 times
What's it like living in Castle Rock? Do you find yourself driving up to Highlands Ranch, Lone Tree, or beyond for everything? Are there enough restaurants, stores, etc, in CR to meet most of your needs?

Old 02-24-2008, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
What's it like living in Castle Rock? Do you find yourself driving up to Highlands Ranch, Lone Tree, or beyond for everything? Are there enough restaurants, stores, etc, in CR to meet most of your needs?
They have all sorts of stores and malls there.

Castle Rock Shopping Guide (http://castlerock.citystar.com/shopping01.html - broken link)

Welcome to Outlets at Castle Rock

Home Page: Downtown Castle Rock

Town of Castle Rock - Ask CRgov About... (http://www.crgov.com/HowDoI.asp?HowDoIID=237 - broken link)

Old 02-24-2008, 09:20 AM

5,748 posts, read 10,776,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
Unfortunately, yes, which is why we are moving north this summer. We have family in Jefferson County, so we spend a lot of time on the highway.

As far as shopping, I think you'll find that Castle Rock will meet most of your needs. The big box chains are here, and there are quite a few restaurants, etc., but they are not walkable from most of the suburban neighborhoods, so you will most likely still spend a lot of time in your car. We live on the far side of Founders Village, and it's 15 minutes to the highway and CR shopping districts. That's gotten to be a drag, but there are options for living closer in. We chose to live on the outskirts because we liked the elementary school. In hindsight, we should have chosen a different location in Castle Rock.

Overall, it's a nice little town with a lot going for it. Come and check it out and see what you think.

Last edited by formercalifornian; 02-24-2008 at 09:46 AM..

Old 10-24-2008, 01:33 PM

24 posts, read 62,140 times
My parents live in Castle Rock and that's where I'll be moving in a few weeks. There is plenty there, but I like to go up to the park meadow area for restaraunts. The outletts are in Castle Rock so the shopping is great. It's building up alot though. I love Castle Rock, but would rather live closer to the city. That's mainly because I'm 26 and not retired.

Old 10-24-2008, 01:49 PM

1,453 posts, read 3,672,156 times
Others in the forum living in the area have complained about lots of airplane & jet noise, between Schriever AFB, CO Spgs airport and DIA, you are in a major air travel zone.

Most folks in CR don't seem to mind, though.

Old 10-24-2008, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
Others in the forum living in the area have complained about lots of airplane & jet noise, between Schriever AFB, CO Spgs airport and DIA, you are in a major air travel zone.

Most folks in CR don't seem to mind, though.
I've flown a couple times from COS via DEN to elsewhere and the route was over eastern Monument and over Parker; of course how they took off and how they were going to land may have affected the flight path.

Schriever has no airfield.

I lived about four miles east of Monument and I never heard planes. I heard trains in Palmer Lake though - that was a neat sound.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado