Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 03:50 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,461,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post

Will Pueblo please pot producers?

Oh there it is. And if ever there was a thread already in circulation that we could merge this redundant thread into, it might be that one.
That is only about Pueblo and while I think what happens in Pueblo is one of the most important cities this thread is about the entire state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2016, 04:00 PM

3,961 posts, read 4,390,777 times
I did see a panhandler last week with a sign that said "cash or weed only".

Old 10-09-2016, 07:12 AM

1,950 posts, read 2,298,854 times
Yes good for Pueblo . Some of the nicest people I know are there. I hope it grows but stays friendly .
If the MJ business brings jobs it can only improve the city because people without jobs without some thing to look forward to are going to turn to others ways to get by . I think Stoners drive a lot slower don't they ? Oh wait wrong thread ? Sorry there are so many threads here I get lost man ....

Old 10-10-2016, 12:22 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,454,667 times
Just vote Yes.

Oregon, Washington, and Colorado have legalized it, and no huge issues from what I've seen firsthand.
I can't say it's affected my life in a negative way.
Nobody is murdering or robbing anybody for a 6 dollar gram of weed.
There are no billows of pot smoke anywhere.
There are no "Stoner Zombies" wandering aimlessly about town.
Nobody is doing bong hits while stopped at a red light.

All the scare stories you hear are BS, plus the states are regulating and taxing the you-know-what out of it, so it's making them scads of tax money...

California is voting on it, and I think it will pass.

The entire west coast will be pot legal, and Arizona borders California.

Arizona might as well get into the game while it's still early, Arizona can study how the other states did it and make some good decisions on how it should be handled.

Once it's legalized and out in the open, you will realize how mainstream pot smoking actually is...

Last edited by pdxMIKEpdx; 10-10-2016 at 12:31 PM..

Old 10-11-2016, 02:20 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,610,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
Hello, here in Arizona there is a furious debate over whether or not to legalize marijuana on the November ballot.

It may as well already be legal in AZ.

I spent a month in Phoenix last Dec. and saw people smoking weed outside the Mellow Mushroom restaurant/bar, The Valley bar and a few other places. No one batted an eye.

Old 10-11-2016, 02:45 PM

572 posts, read 552,347 times
i did notice some dread haired, pan handling youths recently in a suburban setting
(about a block west of Wadsworth/Quincy) - low and behold a Dispensary was right across the street.

What I surmised to be the panhandler's vehicle was parked in the Wal-mart parking lot,
it was about a 38' RV with sliders on both sides... there were similarly dressed kids coming in and out of the vehicle...

I do not believe that the youths really needed to beg for cash...
(their clothes were too clean, and their pets seemed too clean and maintained also)but maybe they did...

Old 10-11-2016, 06:44 PM

5,356 posts, read 5,134,067 times
Getting rid of "good samaritans" will go a LOT further in eliminating homeless / panhandlers than anything weed related will. I don't know of a way to get rid of "good samaritans" though.

I agree with what others have stated, but want to add that legalization allows for edibles to be prevalent, which are much preferable to smoking IMO, health and smell wise.

Old 10-13-2016, 09:51 PM

9 posts, read 9,621 times
I live in Oregon, where pot was legalized last year. While the culture in Oregon (especially Eugene,) was already unabashedly pro-marijuana, I have definitely seen some changes since its legalization. First and foremost, the unmistakable smell of pot wafting into your house or car windows is now a much more common occurrence. Also, the number of youth caught with or under the influence of pot in schools has skyrocketed in my area (I work with high schoolers.) And to echo what others have said, 20-somethings from all over the West coast definitely flock to Oregon, Eugene especially, to get access to legal marijuana.

Clearly I'm not a fan- no shame to anyone who is. But I definitely haven't seen anything positive come from its legalization here in Oregon. Not yet, anyway. Colorado, on the other hand, does appear to be on the rise in terms of funding and accessibility to social programs. I'm not sure to what degree that can be attributed to taxes coming from marijuana specifically, but I guess it's something to consider.

Old 10-14-2016, 09:00 AM

1,789 posts, read 4,343,307 times
Probably stopping me from buying land/home on the Santa Fe Trail sub on the Raton Pass. I am in Trinidad all the time. Our ranch is going on the market after a little more fencing. So, I was finally able to be serious about a parcel of land to build on when from last year 2 pot shops to 10 plus pot shots which created a lot of homeless people in that town. Also had some because of 1-25 but this time was crazy. Homeless people looking for food for their also homeless dogs. Couldn't drive down any road without seeing that. Talk to many locals and they were not pleased at all. Saying that "they say the cash flow is better) but all they saw was homeless people. What are they doing this winter? Locals are hoping New Mexico goes for the pot so that maybe some of the shops would move down to Raton and get out of Trinidad. These were thoughts from real estate brokers too.

Pro: American made pot...cash
Con: druggies everywhere and instead of buying a pizza they're in a pot shop so the local pizza parlor is out of business.

Old 10-14-2016, 12:19 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,559,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie at bouontiful View Post
Probably stopping me from buying land/home on the Santa Fe Trail sub on the Raton Pass. I am in Trinidad all the time. Our ranch is going on the market after a little more fencing. So, I was finally able to be serious about a parcel of land to build on when from last year 2 pot shops to 10 plus pot shots which created a lot of homeless people in that town. Also had some because of 1-25 but this time was crazy. Homeless people looking for food for their also homeless dogs. Couldn't drive down any road without seeing that. Talk to many locals and they were not pleased at all. Saying that "they say the cash flow is better) but all they saw was homeless people. What are they doing this winter? Locals are hoping New Mexico goes for the pot so that maybe some of the shops would move down to Raton and get out of Trinidad. These were thoughts from real estate brokers too.

Pro: American made pot...cash
Con: druggies everywhere and instead of buying a pizza they're in a pot shop so the local pizza parlor is out of business.
Don't you know they buy pot and then lots of pizza?!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado